Sonic Boom blows Kanye West, Delays Human Jukebox Field Show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gram you're improving but not enough to talk on this thread. Leave

And what's the fuss about. I watched both Shows and didn't see anything wrong with either show persay. SU sounds pretty good but I saw plenty of crooked lines, a familar drill, the box dance routine with horns on the ground and the dolls( hey if you like it).

JSU was clean, had energy sounded good. Drummers on the sideline with tubas, J-settes fine (one got out of focus), dance routine was new but dancing is old now. Those Usher tunes soudned real good.Drum majors need to chill on the sideline.

Both shows were pretty clean.

It's band folks. Most observers will say wow to both and move on. You guys should do the same.

C'mon son! We talkin' about RAPE compared to dancin' fat folks! Seriously, y'all are delusional... If someone complains, the JSU band department could be in some SERIOUS trouble. Y'all should delete all footage of that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
smh....

You march in late in your own "rental" stadium.. you deserve to have your ass blown on... And I'm proud we did it.... we taught yall asses a lesson..

"Be at the right place at the right time with the right equipment ready to ......" (yall know the rest)

That did not DELAY the GAME!.... Yall could have easily turned yall late ass band around and blew back if yall really wanted it with us that day..(We all know yall didn't)

Chants and playing tunes does NOT DELAY a jsu halftime show.....

The promoter of a BOTB PAYS for this thing called "TIME"... each band is given a certain amount of TIME..

Thus it is GHETTO , stupid and classless to DELAY another bands TIME!!!

Are YOU too ghetto to even understand this? This ain't even a su/jsu issue....

No band even TxSU have ever done that to another band....

This is some "brand new" isht..

Like I said the bands in New Orleans don't even do that...

TIME is MONEY! do all that AFTERWARDS if you have time

If you would look back at the HOFBOTB in the ATL, you will see that as bands left the field and before the next band took the field, one or two bands played to entertain the crowd. When the Boom started to play Jim Hill was still filing off the field, so SU couldn't have started anyway. So the delay a band thing is not true. Each band was introduced by the MC of the event. Every band had to wait for the MC. And to address the statement in bold, There was a section for SU to sit in the stands and blow back, but..... hey!!!!! Mr. Murray asked Mr. Jackson to stay when he first saw him. I was standing right there. Mr. Jackson said NO!

Everyone of you has seen the youtube clip of the Boom and FAMU at the BOTBs in Mobile. FAMU blew on the Boom as we were coming off the field. We went into the stands right then and handled our business right then and there. If someone slaps you and it offends you what are you going to do??? Tell them "Imma get you later", or slap their azz right back?

some of you SU Folks sound like some lame azz looser band heads.....close this thread please...

and yea the drummajors do need to chill out with the dancing on the sidelines!:tdown:

If you would look back at the HOFBOTB in the ATL, you will see that as bands left the field and before the next band took the field, one or two bands played to entertain the crowd. When the Boom started to play Jim Hill was still filing off the field, so SU couldn't have started anyway. So the delay a band thing is not true. Each band was introduced by the MC of the event. Every band had to wait for the MC. And to address the statement in bold, There was a section for SU to sit in the stands and blow back, but..... hey!!!!! Mr. Murray asked Mr. Jackson to stay when he first saw him. I was standing right there. Mr. Jackson said NO!

Everyone of you has seen the youtube clip of the Boom and FAMU at the BOTBs in Mobile. FAMU blew on the Boom as we were coming off the field. We went into the stands right then and handled our business right then and there. If someone slaps you and it offends you what are you going to do??? Tell them "Imma get you later", or slap their azz right back?

We didnt start crying and complaining like these SUckas we marched back into the stands handle our business and went home....no love lost...

Re: JSU and SU Performances - Battle Of The Bands

Haha! @5:46 on the 1st video

"That's that volume. AND they percussion can march too!"

I guess that's what the lil boi you JSU'ers been talkin about REALLY said!!!

Okay, I couldn't get pass the first minute of the jsu show before I turned it off. Between the pregnant tiger and the drum section in the onesie's, that was enough for me.

Last edited:

Bands blow on bands as they leave the field a lot..
Honestly I couldn't see Mr.J getting mad at that...

But knowing what I now know... Murray asked Mr.J if he would stay.. and he said no.... Wait till it's time to do what you have to do.

Now tell me this.. Did Mr.J say he wouldn't stay afterwards before Murray blew on SU as they were preparing to go on the field? If so... isn't that trully classless...

Mr.J already told Murray he wasn't staying.. So why blow on a band you know told you they had to roll out afterwards? We don't know what reservations Mr.J had after his time was up for this BOTB. we can only speculate...

But I didn't know that bit of info. If Mr.J would have said yes we will see yall in the Stands... I don't see Mr.J getting upset.. I see him getting in the stands and blowing back at JSU.

In a way that was juvenille.

Last edited:
I've been to several battle of the bands, the one in Jackson, Atlanta, MVSU and Alabama's. All those bands stay there till it's over and they take turns playing on the field and in the stands.
Have you all notice that when bands come to Jackson for the BOTB, they march in do a field show and leave. I think they are afraid of the boom for some reason, why else would you drive two hours or so and leave like that.
The boom really put fear in the hearts of those pee wee bands.

WE ARE JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY AND YOU OTHERS DON'T MATTER.

Re: JSU and SU Performances - Battle Of The Bands

Okay, I couldn't get pass the first minute of the jsu show before I turned off. Between the pregnant tiger and the drum section in the onesie's, that was enough for me.

:lol:

Actually Dowell Taylor did this to a band at a battle of the bands in Florida. He played "Piece of my Love" and had the dancing girls of the other band on the field dancing to the BOOMs music.

So this is hereby a BOOM tradition. If it's time for you to get on the field, get a move on or get "blowed" on! :lol:

But Jerrad, those where our home fans, and Murray played to the crowed. Home field advantage dog. And SU did not leave right after. They went to the bus and sat out there for whatever reason. After the college bands performed, the featured acts came out. While one of them was performing, one of the two State Troopers standing there next to me said "man I thought Southern left". I looked around and saw several of SU Dolls come back in the stadium in their warmups. Then at the end as the Boom was leaving, one of the satdium workers came over to me and said " Excuse me deputy, but they asked if you and the other officers could come out side by the buses because SU Band is still out there." I went out and sure enough they where just pulling off.

C'mon son! We talkin' about RAPE compared to dancin' fat folks! Seriously, y'all are delusional... If someone complains, the JSU band department could be in some SERIOUS trouble. Y'all should delete all footage of that.

Well, ya'll beat up girls in PV's band so don't try to compare that to a skit! :smh: ....all becasue the H*'s didn't run. :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
But Jerrad, those where our home fans, and Murray played to the crowed. Home field advantage dog. And SU did not leave right after. They went to the bus and sat out there for whatever reason. After the college bands performed, the featured acts came out. While one of them was performing, one of the two State Troopers standing there next to me said "man I thought Southern left". I looked around and saw several of SU Dolls come back in the stadium in their warmups. Then at the end as the Boom was leaving, one of the satdium workers came over to me and said " Excuse me deputy, but they asked if you and the other officers could come out side by the buses because SU Band is still out there." I went out and sure enough they where just pulling off.

I do understand why Mr.J would be upset.

I guess it's one of those things you had to witness for yourself to get the feel of what happened to have an unbiased view....

If anything, it's going to make the battle that much more intense come October 16th. I will definitely be there to witness how this one goes down..

Jared...correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we always march in first at Mumford? You know...when y'all actually played y'all home games at home?!?!

I mean...i could be wrong...it was so long ago that y'all actually played a home game vs. JSU at home. Plus with all the drinking over the years...my memory just isn't what it used to be.

Help a fellow Crab '96 out!!! LOL

Exactly....the visiting band is usually at the opponents stadium EARLY- Duuuuuuuh~ Jared. Boy stop defending that CLASSLESS crap and shove those words back into Mr. J's mouth.

I was merely making a point of CLASSLESS vs CLASSLESS and it looks like it was made. Bands do this crap all the time. This is no different than any other time a band has gotten blown on when they couldn't blow back. Tell silky smoove to hurry up and kick that thang off next time and we won't have this problem.

Man, 10/16 is about to be sooo crunk. We got the Jukebox and it's alums 9:30 HOT, 38 HOT, 98 HOT.... However yall say it~ lol.

Jared, please sit next to me at the game....please...lmao~

Why are you worried about how I feel about my band when they do sumtin I may not agree with?

I'm wondering why you are aginst it 2weeks later, after you was JUST saying "JSU DM's ALWAYS have an will dance for the ladies." "It's not for the dudes" "Yadda-yadda". I am just wonder what caused the change of heart.

Exactly....the visiting band is usually at the opponents stadium EARLY- Duuuuuuuh~ Jared. Boy stop defending that CLASSLESS crap and shove those words back into Mr. J's mouth.

I was merely making a point of CLASSLESS vs CLASSLESS and it looks like it was made. Bands do this crap all the time. This is no different than any other time a band has gotten blown on when they couldn't blow back. Tell silky smoove to hurry up and kick that thang off next time and we won't have this problem.

Man, 10/16 is about to be sooo crunk. We got the Jukebox and it's alums 9:30 HOT, 38 HOT, 98 HOT.... However yall say it~ lol.

Jared, please sit next to me at the game....please...lmao~

NeNe you don't never sit down at no game... you always mossying around with your pom pom and drinks...lol

If you keep your butt still, I sit next to ya'... lol

Man yall trippin...Im from SU and I hate JSU....but that ish was gangsta...if Doc woulda still been there he probably woulda had us blowin something at yall azz right on the field...JSU yall got that one...Oct. will be different...

Man yall trippin...Im from SU and I hate JSU....but that ish was gangsta...if Doc woulda still been there he probably woulda had us blowin something at yall azz right on the field...JSU yall got that one...Oct. will be different...

honest post :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back