Some thoughts aboout the R Kelly trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just the family, but EVERYBODY that saw the tape and did not report it. and EVERYBODY who knew about all them other lil girls and didnt say anything about it.

WOAHHHHH!
Let's not say EVERYBODY that saw the tape...

Let's just say folks that know them mofos that saw the tape!!
:pimp:

*he trying to get me arrested*

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The question should be why did Kelly have to choose to pay a teenager to have sex with him in the first place when he could have had any woman in the world he wanted?

That's kinda my point too. I can understand that he solicited sex...which, to my understanding, is a felony...in most cases...lol

But the fact that the girl took the money does nothing to help her case. In the eyes of a judge, all that does is make her into a prostitute...and prostitution (if unwarranted) is just as illegal...right? So, why should all of the attention be focused on Kelly if the girl is just as guilty for the same crime?

If Kelly has to suffer the consequences of his actions, then that girl, and whoever else was involved, needs to suffer their consequences as well.

So Ive had a few discussions with some friends of mine and everybody seems to think I'm crazy.

Am I the only one who feels as though the girl in the video needs to be punished as well?

I have been told by numerous people that children, young folk, minors, or what ever we want to call them, mentally dont have the capacity the "want" to have sex with older people.

I look at them like their crazy and they look at me like I'm crazy.

I back up my opinioin on the notions

1. that there are many children that curse that will not curse in front of their parents (they know right from wrong)

2. in todays society teens and young people want to have sex (babies making babies every damn day)

3. people do have to understand anything in detail to want it or want to do it (kindergarden students wanting to be doctors or lawyers - or even babies wanting to eat sweets rather than vegatables)

Am I so far off in judgement to beleive that minors have the capacity to want things that they should not have?
No the little whore should not be punished. Yes kids know what they are doing. It is still against the law. The aunt, and Kelly should go to jail.

That's kinda my point too. I can understand that he solicited sex...which, to my understanding, is a felony...in most cases...lol

But the fact that the girl took the money does nothing to help her case. In the eyes of a judge, all that does is make her into a prostitute...and prostitution (if unwarranted) is just as illegal...right? So, why should all of the attention be focused on Kelly if the girl is just as guilty for the same crime?

Well, all the attention is on Kelly for two reasons:

1. He is an celebrity.
2. He had sex with a teenage girl.

If Kelly has to suffer the consequences of his actions, then that girl, and whoever else was involved, needs to suffer their consequences as well.
She is guilty of no crime! She was a 13 year old child. No matter money she got it was not prostitution. He gave her money. The only crimminal here is Kelly and those who knew about the crime.

She is guilty of no crime! She was a 13 year old child. No matter money she got it was not prostitution. He gave her money. The only crimminal here is Kelly and those who knew about the crime.

I didn't know that prostitution had an age limit. It doesn't matter how old she was. She took the money...she was aware of his celebrity status...and i am sure she knew he was over 18 years of age. So how can you say that she committed no crime? It's not like he stuffed the money in her mouth and raped her on camera. The entire thing was consensual. So they are both responsible, and the courts shouldn't pardon her from her liability because she was 13. If they do, then what's gonna stop these other "fast" 13 year olds from trying to get away with the same thing? It would defeat half of the purpose of having this trial in the first place.

Those fast teen aged girls need to learn self control and responsibility...just like grown folks do.

I didn't know that prostitution had an age limit. It doesn't matter how old she was. She took the money...she was aware of his celebrity status...and i am sure she knew he was over 18 years of age. So how can you say that she committed no crime? It's not like he stuffed the money in her mouth and raped her on camera. The entire thing was consensual. So they are both responsible, and the courts shouldn't pardon her from her liability because she was 13. If they do, then what's gonna stop these other "fast" 13 year olds from trying to get away with the same thing? It would defeat half of the purpose of having this trial in the first place.

Those fast teen aged girls need to learn self control and responsibility...just like grown folks do.

He did rape her on camera. According to the law, what he did was rape. There is no way around it.

I don't hear the argument of the guy should be punished when a female screws a young boy. But it seems like in black community especially, we tend to side with the high profiled black man in these situations.
You had folks on this board who thought mike vick should get a slap on the hand for killing dogs, when I have read and talked to cops who put average joes in jail for a long time for the same crime.

Vick was lucky for getting a light sentence. There a folks in jail 20 and 30 years for the same crime vick did.

It seems like when it comes to a celebrity we point the finger at others or blame the justice system for their downfall. No one forced kelly to have sex with that girl.

But yet, folks want the girl to be punished even though she was barely out of grade school. Kelly should have been responsible enough to look a teen in the eyes and say no little girl leave me alone I am too old for you. But no, the girl was too sexy for him to resist I guess.

But let that had been pookie and ray ray who did what kelly did. He just would have been looked at as another thug.

He did rape her on camera. According to the law, what he did was rape. There is no way around it.

I don't hear the argument of the guy should be punished when a female screws a young boy. But it seems like in black community especially, we tend to side with the high profiled black man in these situations.
You had folks on this board who thought mike vick should get a slap on the hand for killing dogs, when I have read and talked to cops who put average joes in jail for a long time for the same crime.

Vick was lucky for getting a light sentence. There a folks in jail 20 and 30 years for the same crime vick did.

It seems like when it comes to a celebrity we point the finger at others or blame the justice system for their downfall. No one forced kelly to have sex with that girl.

But yet, folks want the girl to be punished even though she was barely out of grade school. Kelly should have been responsible enough to look a teen in the eyes and say no little girl leave me alone I am too old for you. But no, the girl was too sexy for him to resist I guess.

But let that had been pookie and ray ray who did what kelly did. He just would have been looked at as another thug.

I need to see this law that would qualify Kelly as a rapist in this situation.

If Kelly was just some other dude, folks wouldn't be so lenient with this girl for doing what she did either. Like you said, we can't use his celebrity status as a scapegoat. We need to let the same rules apply across the board.

As for the gender switch...

While you playing, you rarely hear about older females getting THIS type of scrutiny (much less any kind of scrutiny) for having sex with teenage boys. And I'll bet money that if it were a female celebrity that had sex with a teenage boy, the courts will do everything in their power to pin the blame on the teenage boy. Doing otherwise would be too much like right.

It almost seems as if these laws are put into place to strategically protect society from men (black men in particular). Maybe that's just me though...

If Kelly was just some other dude, folks wouldn't be so lenient with this girl for doing what she did either. Like you said, we can't use his celebrity status as a scapegoat. We need to let the same rules apply across the board.

As for the gender switch...

While you playing, you rarely hear about older females getting THIS type of scrutiny (much less any kind of scrutiny) for having sex with teenage boys. And I'll bet money that if it were a female celebrity that had sex with a teenage boy, the courts will do everything in their power to pin the blame on the teenage boy. Doing otherwise would be too much like right.

It almost seems as if these laws are put into place to strategically protect society from men (black men in particular). Maybe that's just me though...

It might be you... I cover courts for a living and of all the sex assaults and rapes I have written about about 90 percent have involved white men. Now I see a surge in Latin men committing similar crimes. The law. In your mind my have been created to get sex crazed black men, but I have seen first hand that whites are more likely to get caught up.

People who should go to jail behind this...

Sparkle ( she knew he was diccing her niece down but didn't say anything until he dropped her contract)

The girls family ( who knew she was "dating" R'er but didn't say anything because they were getting the hook-up)

R'er ( because he could have had me damn it ( ;) )

DA ( why has it taken 6 years? He could have been in and out of jail by now)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
R.Kelly has a great defense attorney for filing more than forty motions over the years in an effort to delay the trial so that kelly could make music and tour.

"fast" 13 year olds from trying to get away with the same thing? It would defeat half of the purpose of having this trial in the first place.

Man, you don't really believe that only "fast" 13-year-old girls have thrown themselves ar R. Kelly. There are/were 20, 30 and 40-year-old "fast" women who have attempted to do what the young girl did. Some of thos have women acted like teenage girls around him.

Which makes Kelly's actions even more strange, considering he always had an older female fanbase who wanted him just as much as the young girls did.

Man, you don't really believe that only "fast" 13-year-old girls have thrown themselves ar R. Kelly. There are/were 20, 30 and 40-year-old "fast" women who have attempted to do what the young girl did. Some of thos have women acted like teenage girls around him.

Which makes Kelly's actions even more strange, considering he always had an older female fanbase who wanted him just as much as the young girls did.

Well...I wasn't really speaking specifically about Kelly then. That was more of a general statement. I was just talking about folks in general.

If we are going to use this case to deter folks from engaging in inappropriate sex, then we need to make sure that the involved parties are appropriately dealt with.

Well...I wasn't really speaking specifically about Kelly then. That was more of a general statement. I was just talking about folks in general.

If we are going to use this case to deter folks from engaging in inappropriate sex, then we need to make sure that the involved parties are appropriately dealt with.

How would you punish a 13-year-old girl for having sex with an adult, considering the adult knows it is wrong to do so?

If the courts/laws would consider punishing young girls and boys for these acts, it would open up pandoras box. We only know the girl willingly had sex with Kelly because it was on tape. What about other cases where there is no video evidence?

How would the courts knows if the sex was consensual or not? It would turn into a big he said she said type thing. And kids who really were raped would be placing under unnecessary scrunity by authorities and the court system.

All the offender would have to say is "She wanted it" or "He wanted it." It would give ALL sex offenders an easy way out if the laws were catered to punish the young people.

I'm all for punishing the "victim" only in cases where he/she lies about what happen. I believe people who falsely accuse folks of a crime like that should serve the amount of time the offender would have gotten if found guilty.

Much like that woman who lied about those Duke lacrosse players raping her. She should have gone to jail for the mess she said.

Statutory rape refers to a sexual act that is considered rape by the law regardless of whether it was coercive or consensual. Such laws are common and exist in order to prevent adults from having sex with minors who are deemed legally unable to give effective informed consent.

How would you punish a 13-year-old girl for having sex with an adult, considering the adult knows it is wrong to do so?

If the courts/laws would consider punishing young girls and boys for these acts, it would open up pandoras box. We only know the girl willingly had sex with Kelly because it was on tape. What about other cases where there is no video evidence?

How would the courts knows if the sex was consensual or not? It would turn into a big he said she said type thing. And kids who really were raped would be placing under unnecessary scrunity by authorities and the court system.

All the offender would have to say is "She wanted it" or "He wanted it." It would give ALL sex offenders an easy way out if the laws were catered to punish the young people.

I'm all for punishing the "victim" only in cases where he/she lies about what happen. I believe people who falsely accuse folks of a crime like that should serve the amount of time the offender would have gotten if found guilty.

Much like that woman who lied about those Duke lacrosse players raping her. She should have gone to jail for the mess she said.

Statutory rape refers to a sexual act that is considered rape by the law regardless of whether it was coercive or consensual. Such laws are common and exist in order to prevent adults from having sex with minors who are deemed legally unable to give effective informed consent.

So how do you suppose this trial will discourage similar behavior from other people if the girl gets off without even a slap on the hand? I understand and agree about the statutory rape argument. But that law (and this case) isn't going to solve the problem, especially when you have under aged people EAGERLY consenting to engage in these acts with adults all the time...regardless of the law that is in place.

Which brings me back to my original question. What is the point of this case?

So how do you suppose this trial will discourage similar behavior from other people if the girl gets off without even a slap on the hand? I understand and agree about the statutory rape argument. But that law (and this case) isn't going to solve the problem, especially when you have under aged people EAGERLY consenting to engage in these acts with adults all the time...regardless of the law that is in place.

Read the post I wrote above the one you quoted

It would not give sex offenders an easy way out. The adults in this cases should not be punished any less because they do know better. The only questioning part that will arise is whether the "victim" was forced or tricked into doing something they didnt want to do....

The purpose of the Court is to Administer Judgment not reformation. It is the responsibility of Parents and/or Guardians to discourage bad behavior.

To Punished a Serial Child Abuser!

Have we (as a community/race) lost our sense of morality? If this guy was white and/or the girls were white; the white community would have incarcerated this guy a long time ago. Do we not care as much for our own kids? Do we adhere to a lower standard?

Serious question:

Do you think this incident is a small percentage when comes to girls from 13-17 knowingly and wanting to sleep with someone older.. When I was in middle and high school.. Us guys would hear convos of girls saying what they want to do and would do with certain guy teachers... And some that did and was some GROWN women about it.. Fully knew what they done and what kind of trouble the teacher would be in if they ever felt evil enough to report it... I don't know what group of people you see on a day to day bases but a lot of them laws need to be re-evaluated and give some kind of punishment to even the kid involved in certain cases if we want to see a huge DROP in this crime.. After all laws are made to "Prevent" crime right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back