Shawn Gibbs to FAMU?

Famu Trustee board all over the place..was Larry Robinson the president when Simmons was hired? The zoom meeting was funny though...some good entertainment...gave me an idea of how y'all operate in Tallahassee...and I see why it's so much tension with the alumni🧐😀🍿

I often wonder if we (HBCU's) had not let HC salaries get so far out of hand would Boards have to even be involved in the hiring process...
I agree I think first year coaches salaries should be cap around 200k. That gives you in my school case (Grambling) another 200k you can invest into the program via recruiting budget, new weights, increase money for staff.

Her biggest issues were not properly communicating why she didn't want to hire Colzie, Rolle, or any other internal hire, and trying to pay Coach Gibbs more than $250,000.

Gibbs made about $70,000 as an RB coach at A&T and $46,000 as Fort Valley's head coach. A $120,000 contract with $100,000 in incentives would've avoided the need to use those DSOs.

Her biggest issues were not properly communicating why she didn't want to hire Colzie, Rolle, or any other internal hire, and trying to pay Coach Gibbs more than $250,000.

Gibbs made about $70,000 as an RB coach at A&T and $46,000 as Fort Valley's head coach. A $120,000 contract with $100,000 in incentives would've avoided the need to use those DSOs.
$120,000 as a base salary is a low-ball offer considering the program he would have been walking into.

46k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly

They just wanted to be in the know…especially considering they pay part of the coaches salary.

Back