Shawn Gibbs to FAMU?

Gray is too many friends with FAMU folks - they're all up in the program - you see how a certain HBCU Gameday employee is voicing their feelings - Simmons knew the players and had them do his dirty work - Gibbs brings day-to-day power back to the AD's chair concerning football

they dont care about anything else at FAMU
Yeah, I don’t think Gibbs brings that power back to the ADs chair…she has the power. She isn’t at risk of being fired, she just has to deal with disgruntled fans for a little bit.

This is the first time since the 60s that FAMU has had to replace a coach after a championship season. Gotta be honest, this is unchartered territory.

It honestly parallels A&T and Jackson State. The difference is that both of them hired from within a successful staff…FAMU is going outside the staff which does worry some Rattlers.

Yeah, I don’t think Gibbs brings that power back to the ADs chair…she has the power. She isn’t at risk of being fired, she just has to deal with disgruntled fans for a little bit.

This is the first time since the 60s that FAMU has had to replace a coach after a championship season. Gotta be honest, this is unchartered territory.

It honestly parallels A&T and Jackson State. The difference is that both of them hired from within a successful staff…FAMU is going outside the staff which does worry some Rattlers.
The thing is, the coaches y'all want from inside the family ain't never been college head coaches. Gibbs has at least been a head coach and has been successful. All I know is that internal hire BETTER win. lol

The thing is, the coaches y'all want from inside the family ain't never been college head coaches. Gibbs has at least been a head coach and has been successful. All I know is that internal hire BETTER win. lol
Neither had TC Taylor or Sam Washington

If A&T hadn’t moved to the Big South, Washington might still have the Aggies winning. He actually got fired following a winning season.

I’m one of the Rattlers that trusts the AD to do what she feels is necessary to push the program forward and hire who she’s comfortable with. I’m also a Rattler who fully believes that guys like Rolle and Smith would be great hires…especially Rolle with his connections throughout the state recruiting wise.

Rolle and gray and buddies with everyone and you already see these allegiances now forming even though none are head coaches at famu - imagine when they get there - basically they played their hands quickly

No dog in this fight. But if this continues to go south, this will go down as an even worse fall from grace than when JSU fired comegy. Don’t let politics implode a historically great season FAMU. When I asked do y’all trust Tiffany Sykes , it was motivated. My next question, when is the president going to face some backlash? 6 ADs since 2018 and there’s been one common denominator. Think about it. Goodluck to whatever y’all decide to do.

You don't have a coach, yall don't trust your AD, and top recruiter gone. Signing day next

Context matters. The position has been open for less than 2 weeks. The AD is scheduled to present a candidate before the board next Tuesday. Those that don't trust the AD don't trust her because she didn't pick the candidate that they are pushing. Her bosses trust her. I don't have a reason to trust her. I don't have a reason not to trust her. At worst her inexperience has been on public display the last few weeks. That's correctable. Turnover is expected on any staff when the head coach leaves.

What you see as the sky falling is typical of any regime change. Maybe next week things are different if the board rejects the candidate she presents. Until then I stand by my statement.

Last edited:

Back