Richard solidifies spot as Southern quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
JD

Since we stomped you for the pass two years,l I guess that doesnt include us huh?

Bg

Im bring a body and a car gaurd this year. I aint having no foolishnes.

Lewis

We just cant get up for PV, and Alcorn might be the second best team in the SWAC.

Panther Fan,
Read the entire article. The defense beat up the offense for the first half of the scrimmage. All of the offenses points came after the half.

Keep building your house on the sandy land my friend....

Time for gold to come back to Jag land.

Blackbungle,
You haven't run through anything in a while. You have won the games but your offense was outgained each time. Your teams rabbit foot has run off.

SU by 28.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Get Ready

Bg

Im bring a body and a car gaurd this year. I aint having no foolishnes.

For $20 I can insure your vehicle and body safety.

JD,

I really do hope that SU is baaaaaaaack. I kinda missed ya'll. Well, not really.

The only reason I know SUcks is going to SUck is because I have been reading the papers. I don't know if the other teams will suck because no one prints two words about them. Last year, Southern's whole team was garbage. Now you have a new OC and those DC's don't have a clue. You guys really need to get Vite back. I hope you guys get a secondary too because I felt sooooo sorry for that kid in the backfield at the Bayou Classic. It had to be quite embarrassing to get burned like three times on national TV.

JSU still has the best QB in the SWAC, the deepest (soon to be best) o-line in 1-AA, the best WR corp and the best RB's. This offense does not have a flaw. This year we might not even throw the ball and just run it down SU's throat. That d-line has been weak as water for the last two years.

This Year will be the year to ...

'MEMBER WHO YO
TRUE DADDY IZ?????

There will be no close games against SU.
You guys won't even compete with us.
We will put you in the "we 'members when" mode.
You know...

We 'members last year.
We 'members when we had a coach.
We 'members playin' SU for homecomin'...ain't doin' dat no mo'.
We 'members when SU usta lose (Hell, I don't member dat so you know you stretchin').
We 'members everything before the second half!!!!

So beg for rain...that's the only thing that seemed to help you out last year....and dem dayum SWAC refs.

Mark my words...NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!

Third stringers and freshmen gave you fits last year and you think that you have a chance this year?

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!

GIVE US OUR DAYUM TROPHY!!

THE TAKE IT BACK TOUR IS BOUT TO COMMENCE!!!!

Uh TP, if our defense was so sad, why was it number 1 in the SWAC. Also if our dbs are so sad, why did they intercept Kent several times. Stop with all this foolishness. You sked and you know it. SU will be bringing it this year. So just be ready come October 19th. You know we(SU) always show up to play JSU. Yeah you won the last 2 years. I give you props for it. But SU does to JSU what no other team does. We play you physical. And you know it. So just keep on thinking we will be sad. As you guys say..........This is going to be so.................sweet.

Just be happy you don't have to suffer a loss to Alcorn. Your coaches know your team will be sorry. That is why that scheduled Lane, Spelman and somebody else.

Originally posted by The Panther Fan

I went to TSU's scrimmage last week and their defense is killing their offense. That gives you a sign of hope.

Everybody's defense kills tSU's offense clown.
:lmao: :lmao:

you expect that when your learning a new offense, if his offense was scoring at will on their defense I would be concerened like you all should be.

Funny, you all loved Orlando to death when we was winning for you all. Not his fault the personnel he used to have stopped coming to SU.

No smack, but...

Uh TP, if our defense was so sad, why was it number 1 in the SWAC.

You mean that defense was number one in the SWAC? Did our conference do that badly on the defensive side of the ball as a whole? Man, I would laugh, but this is a ___ commentary on the entire SWAC. :bawling:

JSU still has the best QB in the SWAC, the deepest (soon to be best) o-line in 1-AA, the best WR corp and the best RB's.

Everything you just said right there is a complete lie.

1) Kent is not the best QB in 1-AA football. Anybody who throws 21 interceptions in one season can not be considered the best.

2) A&T's offensive line is much deeper and better than JSU's. Our right guard even left school early to go to the NFL and we still have more returning talent than JSU.

3) Your top three receivers (Taylor, Story, and Travis) from last year are gone and a fourth one (Goss) may enter the MLB draft this June. The only person you have of any note is Manning. The remainder of that corp are all backup possesion receivers, who have never put up big numbers at the college level.

4) Counsoler might be nice, but that's all you have there also. McClarurin sucks. At A&T we have the Clemson transfer who broke that 38 yard TD against you in the dome, a senior RB who started the last two games of the season, and the best incoming freshman class of running backs in Amercia. They include the 63rd highest rated running back in America, the fastest RB in the state of NC, and a cat who turned down solid offers from NCSU, Wake and ECU. We are still Tailback U.

Thrilla,

Regardless of what you want to believe, Kent is the best QB in BCF. You can call it an excuse all you want but Kent was not at 100% after the Southern game. He was even held out of practice for the Gram game and the UAPB game and practiced sparingly for the A&T game. Yes, JSU should have had backups to fill in but we didn't. Before Kent got hurt, he was flawless. But hey, GAME 2. He will be healthy.

WR's. Don't hate us because we are WR U. Yes, we will be playing our backups at WR but your starters would have have been backups to TC and Story too. Well, maybe not because TC would have been a good QB at A&T. Manning is the only starter returning. Goss was a part time starter but Jones and Jacobs got a lot of PT and they will step up. We are young in that area as well...we really only have about two Sr WR but we have another 6-10 that are very good and very tall....and that does not include our recruits. I would never include them in a count like some smalltime schools. I really don't think Goss is going anywhere but if he does, trust me, if we don't have anything else we have WR's. We have two or three 6'3" receivers on the bench.

Offensive line: OK, A&T has a good one. In fact, I thought that was the best part of your team last year. However, JSU is young in that area but very deep. We are a traditional running team. How Hughes let us get in this situation is a shame but it has been corrected. Freshman and sophomores, they may be but they will be ready. They have a whole year to gel this time, not just from pre-season drills. We have never had a problem running the ball exept for the last 1.5 years. Poor A&T.

RB: Dude, just like I have not seen your scrub RB's you have seen the great ones that JSU has. We have a roster full and without them we have Nate, Counselor and Nolan. Nate does get injured a lot but he is second string now anyway. Ask, Howard, TNState, and SU if Nate is a scrub. He schooled them as a FR.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
PF,
To show you how much you don't know ish about football. The years we have won the SWAC, our offense has had great springs. Did you you not read what was said? The defense kicked the offense azz for almost half the game. Just because Richard and company adjusted and got off spells bad news for the rest of you. Sounds like our talent is good enough to learn from our New OC. Don't worry PF. We are going to beat your boys so bad, you will not even want to post afterwards.

I also can attest I was one of Orlando's biggest critics for the last two years. Last year he had injuries , so he did the best he could. Good coaches adjust to the talent you have. Just because we didn't have a scatback didn't mean he couldn't use the likes of Dain Lewis and Elvis Joseph. Joseph was so good he was the only SWAC RB to make the pros. And he even caught the ball at J'Ville. So Orlando blew using him right. He can say he left because of facilities and such, but the real deal was he and Pete didn't see eye to eye. We have had some nice RBs come to SU since Wofford and Ryan Lewis. But like other colleges do, you design your offense to fit the talent. Orlando got too happy with all the talent at Wr we have and forgot about the running game. Now he's at TxSU and he has no kids that fit that FSU style of offense. I wish him well, but if he doesn't change his scheme it will be a long day for him when we play. Remember the defense dominated Orlando's offense at our practices. But you know you will find anything bad to say about SU anyway. If our D had shut them totally out, you would have been here saying we miss Orlando and our offense sucks. But guess what? We are not worried. Especially not about PV.

You had some nice RB's come through but none has made an impact since Lewis and Wofford.

Come to think of it Joseph did not do much at neither college he was at. Makes you think about him.

Orlando's offense provided you 6 years of fun. He noticed the talent level was slipping and Pete wanted to run more so it is time to go. I saw Orlando working the offense out and judging by what they will run, it will be interesting. There's this one play.........

Don't worry about us, please. If we get another second half lead in Houston this time, it is over.

Ummmmmm

Didn't Orlando go to TSU or did TXAM-PV combine football teams with TSU?

Why would TPF be spending more time at TSU practices than at PV's?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

If Orlando was tired of the talent level at Southern, he has to be down right sick at TSU right now.

TP,
The one good thing about you and Get Ready is that I have learned so much from you. I have learned that the more you brag on your talent, then you will win no gold. Simple fact, most talented team in 1AA, no gold since the mid 90s with less talent.

Go figure.

Just my .02

What you fellas are missing is that, regardless of who's the best QB or coach in the SWAC, we're all bias in our posts because, naturally, I'm gonna say Pete and Richard/Levy are the best cuz I'm representin' SU. TP, is gonna say Kent/Hughes or whomever is the best cuz he's representin' jSU and so on. All this bickering back and forth doesn't prove isht.

And TPF, is just plain ole ignant and doesn't know what da hell he speaks. :rolleyes:

Now, y'all can carry on.

If you say Richard and Pete are the best at anything, it does prove something....it proves you are a woman and you dont know what you are talking about.

If Q Richard is your QB....you suck....you really suck.

BT, you are a like a wart on a fat woman's behind. Always acting up at the wrong time. I dont believe anyone pulled your card or string. You can not convince anyone on this board that A&T have a "half decent" squad, so why do you keep posting this nonsense? Just leave this board and attend some more TSU baseball games so you can drool over the pretty woment there that A&T dont have.

GR & TP,

Richard and Co. will help you fire your sorry azz coach next season. You can THANK us later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back