Rev. T.D. Jakes (Revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ok!

Then biblically explain the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man and the story about the wealth farmer and his barns.
You've explained that bible story enough already.

Now, the question was, again, how do YOU relate that bible story to these preachers that you don't know?

The Rich Man's impure heart was revealed in that story so we know what the problem was there. Do you know the hearts or motives of Jakes, Dollar, Osteen, etc? No? Then again how do YOU relate that bible story to these preachers that you don't know?

Dr. H, how do YOU relate that bible story to these preachers that you don't know?

Dr H.. said:
Ok!

Then biblically explain the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man and the story about the wealth farmer and his barns.

That story is almost totally different. Wasn't the rich man too greedy to even give Lazarus the crumbs off his table? The Rich man was condemned because his heart was too hard to even help this one beggar, not just because he was rich.

SLT said:
More of the premise of the thread has shifted.

It wasn't directed to you docmump or anybody in particular.
Me? I have nothing against Jakes. If God has blessed him then let God bless him.

The Bible says that the church was added to daily, well what happens to a church that God blesses? It grows. So, let his church grow...

The only question I have is what happens when the broadcast (TV Show) shifts from the church to the minister? e.g. The Lakewood Church broadcast used to be called Lakewood. Now it is Olsteen. :topic: NOTE: This is off topic and has nothing to do with Jakes or the Potter's House.

docmump said:
The only question I have is what happens when the broadcast (TV Show) shifts from the church to the minister? e.g. The Lakewood Church broadcast used to be called Lakewood. Now it is Olsteen. :topic:

It might be for legal reasons. Maybe not.

docmump said:
It's your personal favorite verse but what does it means? Does it mean you should not judge or does it mean "IF you judge, someone has the right to judge you?"

No, to me it means don't judge others at all for with the same standards of judgement that you give to them the Lord will judge you.

It doesn't mean if we judge others can judge us, at least not to me, because as another one of my favorite versus is Matthew 5:36

"Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. KJV"

Even though this is talking about swearing, I think it also applies to judging. Who are we to make such bold statements and assumptions about another man's heart and motives? We shouldn't be in the judging business at all. Leave that to Him.

Also two of my other favorite versus is John 8:7 & Matthew 7:3.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her"

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

What does this mean to me? I don't have time to contemplate or worry about someone's motives and meanings. I've got my own porch to sweep. And I know I've got my dirt to worry about :( .

You can't tell "churched" folks anything about these Prosperity Pimps (preachers). They are conditioned to go along with this pimping.

You can't tell them "rap/hip-hop" disciples nothing about Prosperity Pimp(recording artists.) They are conditioned to supporting, facilitating, & furthering this art of pimping.

Who dropped a new cd this week?

Fortitude said:
You can't tell them "rap/hip-hop" disciples nothing about Prosperity Pimp(recording artists.) They are conditioned to supporting, facilitating, & furthering this art of pimping.

Who dropped a new cd this week?

:lmao: :lmao:

John Legend's CD... Hold up... wrong forum! :D

Fortitude said:
So true. I guess the difference is that the recording artists dont mind admitting that they pimp their followers.

Yeah, it's sort of like throwing the "people's" money back in their face & saying, "Thanks, batch for making me rich."

So, they toss yo money back in yo face & call you names. Free enterprise - gotta love it. ;)

ROTF!!!!!! :lmao: Somebody come get Fort!!

This thread is taking a new turn, from greedy preachers to direct, money-hunger music artists!!! :lol:

Fortitude :lmao:

The funny thing is, most of these judgmental people on here don't do 1/10th of the good that these pastors do; which leads me to a question...For the tv preacher haters on this thread,

1) How many people do YOU try to lead to Christ on a weekly basis?
2) How many nights per week do YOU dedicate to ministering to the community?
3) How many trips per year do YOU take to 3rd world countries to minister to people (with no money)?
4) Rounded to the nearest thousand, or million, how much money do YOU raise per year to rebuild houses throughout your city for poor people and feed them and clothe them?

I mean, do YOU measure up at all against any of these men that you are condenming? Since someone asked earlier, that's what the bible means when it says judge not, lest ye be judged. If God used the same measuring stick for some of YOU, that you use for these preachers, you'd bust Hell wide open. :flamethro :scared:

You can't tell "churched" folks anything about these Prosperity Pimps (preachers).
Gramfam, I can tell that you are truely lead by the spirit,....just not the Holy one. :(

nevaehinvesting said:
Gramfam, I can tell that you are truely lead by the spirit,....just not the Holy one. :(
How did you reach the conclusion that I am not being led by the holy spirit? Was it discernment through the holy spirit that led you to that conclusion or is that you can't stand the fact that I called Daddy Jakes and the rest of his posse Prosperity Pimps?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
neva

The answer to your questions is yes. I know a number of ministers that does just as much as Jakes and others, but they do not "toot their horns" as in the was of the Pharases.

As I have said before, there is nothing wrong with God blessing people. However, when does that person realize that enough is enough. God, will bless you and bless you and bless you, at the same time searching your heart to see if you if you know when to say "Thank you Lord, but everything I earn from this point on will be distributed to the needy"

I just a matter of studying the scriptures.

Dr H.. said:
neva

The answer to your questions is yes. I know a number of ministers that does just as much as Jakes and others, but they do not "toot their horns" as in the was of the Pharases.

As I have said before, there is nothing wrong with God blessing people. However, when does that person realize that enough is enough. God, will bless you and bless you and bless you, at the same time searching your heart to see if you if you know when to say "Thank you Lord, but everything I earn from this point on will be distributed to the needy"

I just a matter of studying the scriptures.

You really kill me, man!

Dr H.. said:
They'll know it's enough WHEN GOD TELLS THEM IT'S ENOUGH! You probably WON'T be there when and/or IF God tells him. How do we know they're not thankful. Does the entire 30 minute broadcast need to be filled with nothing but "Thank you, thank you, thank you..." And I listen to Jakes regularly have his tapes & don't seldom hear a sermon series that specifically deals with financial prosperity ONLY. I seldom even hear him preach about tithing. I HAVE heard him talk about Your Resources, Your Abilities, & how the Potter can take them & do awesome & wonderful things & bless you in the process.

Just from some of the posts in here, it seems that some people may be sitting around & his broadcast comes on & ALL they see his nice suits, & his big church, WTAL conference, Mega-Fest conference, & his long itinerary all around the world, & ASSume that that's all he's about. I don't care how many times(even on this board) his story has been told(the man was dirt poor w/a growing family)all people see is that he's a greedy, money hungry, pimp. Well, y'all hold on to your beliefs, if he ain't right - God will expose him.

This deserves a repeat.
Fortitude said:
Seems to me that you believe in the God of "just enough" & I don't. God says in Mal. 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Look at Soloman in ALL of his splendor. God has the cattle on a thousand hillside; He owns everything. Did He not say 3John 1:2 - Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. All that said, should these men stop writing books even if God is STILL inspiring them to put pen to paper? Even as Paul faced CERTAIN death he was still writing & encouraging & writing & admonishing. Who are we to put a limit on God's working power in us? Who's to say you've done enough? You've made enough money etc. The word clearly says, Deuteronomy 8:18 - But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth. Have we not read: Proverbs 13:22 ...and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. God has many ways to bless us & because He's omnipotent - there is no limit to what He can do in ANYBODY'S life.

Also, I believe in Crit's earlier question, the premise of the question was Have you sold ALL you have for the advancement of God's kingdom? And are you living a meager existence for the Gospel's sake?

Fortitude said:
They'll know it's enough WHEN GOD TELLS THEM IT'S ENOUGH! You probably WON'T be there when and/or IF God tells him. How do we know they're not thankful. Does the entire 30 minute broadcast need to be filled with nothing but "Thank you, thank you, thank you..." And I listen to Jakes regularly have his tapes & don't seldom hear a sermon series that specifically deals with financial prosperity ONLY. I seldom even hear him preach about tithing. I HAVE heard him talk about Your Resources, Your Abilities, & how the Potter can take them & do awesome & wonderful things & bless you in the process.

Just from some of the posts in here, it seems that some people may be sitting around & his broadcast comes on & ALL they see his nice suits, & his big church, WTAL conference, Mega-Fest conference, & his long itinerary all around the world, & ASSume that that's all he's about. I don't care how many times(even on this board) his story has been told(the man was dirt poor w/a growing family)all people see is that he's a greedy, money hungry, pimp. Well, y'all hold on to your beliefs, if he ain't right - God will expose him.

YES, indeed!!!! :nod:
People don't know the whole story but want to bash him. They see what's now, but don't know what happened yesterday.
Too much focus on him and such preachers, and some of us aren't even about God's business like we should and can be.

CriTAUcal said:
...and some of us aren't even about God's business like we should and can be.
Oohh Chile, please don't pull out that MIRROR - people will really shut up then. Cause, I know I am not all, sometimes don't try to be all, & don't wanna be all that I CAN BE. :(

CriTAUcal said:
Neither does God on blessing his people.
You are so right. I am a living witness. In fact, this morning is an example.

I woke up this morning . . .A blessing. My health was good . . .A blessing. I could do all the things people take for granted like walking, talking, seeing and hearing . . . I am blessed. After I "fixed" my face, I thought about God giving us a roof over our heads and that my wife and I had been owning our own house now for nearly 8 years . . . He has blessed us. We woke our two sons up (ages 5 and 22 months) . . . A blessing. A blessing not only because they woke up but because they bring so much joy to our house and family. (Ya see doctors told us that my wife might not ever bare children. Like others, we started the adoption process and as soon as things started rolling, we found out that my wife was pregnant. Before that we were praying hard and would have been happy even if we only had one child but God blessed us with two). . . Huge Blessing.

After waking them up, we were able eat because we had food . . . A blessing by God, THE PROVIDER. After breakfast, while my wife was "prepping" the baby for his day and the five year old was dressing himself for school, I went outside to warm up my wife's vehicle so that her and the boys would be warm on their way to school . .Blessings, ya see God blessed us with the vehicles we drive. He also blessed us in that we have heat to keep us comfortable when the weather is not "perfect". After we prayed as a family and they were on their way I was inside getting prepared for work (another blessing in that he provides employment) my wife came back home because she had forgotten something. She had a glow about her. Why was she glowing? Because she was happy. Happy because she is on the fourth day of her new job. She's a teacher now. Ya see God has blessed us a family and her as an individual to give up her job as an accountant to work with children, a burning desire she's had for a long time. . .A blessing to her, the children she will teach and the school system. After she left, I was getting dressed and thought about how God clothes us. Some people have no clothes but God, THE PROVIDER, not only gives us clothes but he?s provided a washing machine so we can keep our clothes clean. . .Blessings all around us. On my way to work, my mom gave me a morning call on my cell phone . . .we are blessed to have cell phones but what was most important was that I could talk to my 67 year old mama and she let me know that my 80 year old dad and her were doing good this morning . . . A blessing that they are still alive and that they can still share words of wisdom, tell me when I?m wrong and tell me when I?m right. She told me that my 7 siblings and their children are all doing fine . . .Blessings. She also told me that the oldest grandchild (age 26) who had been doing nothing with his life has flipped the script and is on his way to doing the right things in life . . .A Blessing without a doubt.

So yea, you are right. There are no limits to what God can do for his people. However, as Dr.H has asked a few times (and im paraphrasing) when is enough enough in terms of financial gain? And you have to be careful about your blessings. Just because you are prospering financially that doesnt necessarily mean that God has his hands in it. Pimping rap artists prosper by spewing their garbage. Does God have his hands in them gaining riches, their platinum grills, girls demeaning themselves in their videos receive and them preaching the messages to our sons and daughters that life aint nothing but *****es and money? Don King, who happens to be in the spotlight these days, built his multi-million dollar empire on doing immoral and evil things. He has prospered. Did God bless him in ripping people off? I could go on and on about people prospering via the Hell highway but I'm not. They may have prospered but I don't believe God had anything to do with them doing so. The same goes for these Prosperity Pimps. Greed has no limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back