Rev. T.D. Jakes (Revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagBR

Rev. Jakes preached an awesome sermon on T.V. yesterday about how DEMONS stick together and how CHRISTIANS are divided.He also spoke on FAMILY CURSES. I didn't see the ending of the sermon. I would like a copy.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I saw that message. It's called, The SpellBreaker.

He talked about how you'll never see demons fighting with each other in the bible but you see church folk all the time who can't one accord. Like there's more confusion in the 'church world' than there is in the 'demon world.'

He was right!

I have got issues with TD Jakes. Some of yall Bible folks can delete this post if you want to. The reason I say that is because I found out some information this past weekend that just does sit right with me. Furthermore, we talk on the Round Table Discussion about America giving money, well for TD Jakes to be a pastor is sure living high on the hog.

1. There are churches nationwide who send 10% of their earnings to TD Jakes church. I got a problem with that.

2. TD Jakes lives a multi-million dollar home. Why? Jesus was carpenter who lived modest.

3. I don't know if this one is true but TD Jakes' children and family sits in secured section of church protected by body guards.

4. A pastor is the shepard of the flock; with that in mind does TD Jakes know all of his sheep? Can one of the sheep pick up the phone, call TD Jakes personally and ask for a prayer.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
3. I don't know if this one is true but TD Jakes' children and family sits in secured section of church protected by body guards.
I know I didn't see that when I visited the church. :shades: :lol:

Fortitude said:
I know I didn't see that when I visited the church. :shades: :lol:

That's what I heard....it was said over dinner that someone attempted to kidnap one of his children and now the family sits in protective custody within the church. Hey rumors....ya dig.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
That's what I heard....it was said over dinner that someone attempted to kidnap one of his children and now the family sits in protective custody within the church. Hey rumors....ya dig.

Well if the kidnap rumor is true I don't blame him for protecting them. Farakkan has more security than Bush...no problem with that.

You know what they say about believing what you "heard..." A visit to his church may shed some light on some of the authenticity of the rumors. He talks about MANY of the rumors surrounding him..... this is a funny one. :lol: ;)

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
1. There are churches nationwide who send 10% of their earnings to TD Jakes church. I got a problem with that.

2. TD Jakes lives a multi-million dollar home. Why? Jesus was carpenter who lived modest.

4. A pastor is the shepard of the flock; with that in mind does TD Jakes know all of his sheep? Can one of the sheep pick up the phone, call TD Jakes personally and ask for a prayer.

1. Uhhh, you are suppose to give 10% of your earnings to your church. That's any church.

2. The man is a national best-selling author from several books, has successful ministries (with tapes, DVDs, etc. available) and just made a movie. Is he suppose to be living in a duplex??? :confused: :lol: Better yet: If you've done the work he's done (and doing), would YOU not live comfortable?

3. If his family was threatened, he was doing what any real man would do to protect his family. Was he suppose to blow things off and leave his family out for whatever to happen?

4. With a ministry that large, that's what your staff (associate pastors, elders, ministers, etc.) is for. God hears your prayers just the same, if Jakes isn't around.

And last, do some research first before you condemn. Jakes didn't start out rich and is VERY familiar with the poor's man life.

So when do you separate need for greed. ?Greed? is the main reason that a several preachers are beginning to change there the focus of their sermons from the Gospel of Christ to preaching the gospel of prosperity. They are attempting to use the scriptures justify their luxurious lifestyle. The sad part is a large percentage of the congregations are living at or below the poverty line.

I like it when folks say ?My Preacher, Bishop, Pastor? deserve to live that way because he is a man of God. Well, I beg to differ and can prove it biblically. I wonder how much has Jakes, Dollar, Olsten and others have shared with other. After all, more than likely they are using the church resources to fulfill their lust, greed and bank accounts. If that is the case they are stilling from the church and need to share the revenue with the church.

I wonder if Jakes and others are giving 10% of their total earnings. Each member of that congregation has a right to look at the church books.

And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need. Acts 2:45

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, Acts 4:34

At the birth of the NT Church, Christians looked out for each other according to the scriptures above and the supported the widows of the church, especially, if their husbands were faithful members.

?Honour widows that are widows indeed?. 1 Tim 5:3

Dr H.. said:
So when do you separate need for greed. ?Greed? is the main reason that a several preachers are beginning to change there the focus of their sermons from the Gospel of Christ to preaching the gospel of prosperity. They are attempting to use the scriptures justify their luxurious lifestyle. The sad part is a large percentage of the congregations are living at or below the poverty line.

I like it when folks say ?My Preacher, Bishop, Pastor? deserve to live that way because he is a man of God. Well, I beg to differ and can prove it biblically. I wonder how much has Jakes, Dollar, Olsten and others have shared with other. After all, more than likely they are using the church resources to fulfill their lust, greed and bank accounts. If that is the case they are stilling from the church and need to share the revenue with the church.

I wonder if Jakes and others are giving 10% of their total earnings. Each member of that congregation has a right to look at the church books.

And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need. Acts 2:45

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, Acts 4:34

At the birth of the NT Church, Christians looked out for each other according to the scriptures above and the supported the widows of the church, especially, if their husbands were faithful members.

?Honour widows that are widows indeed?. 1 Tim 5:3

Wow! Are you doing this (Acts 2:45, Acts 4:34)?

Now, I see why they ignore the naysayers & keep on doing their thing. So, when I publish this book I'm writing am I supposed to give 100% of my earning to my church? Why? It's my book, my thoughts, visions, etc.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now what was this thread about again. Oh yeah, it was about Demons sticking together and CHRISTIANS being divided.

One post did exactly that.... :shame:

Fortitude said:
So, when I publish this book I'm writing am I supposed to give 100% of my earning to my church? Why? It's my book, my thoughts, visions, etc.

FYI and unless it has changed: Through publishing companies, an author only gets 40% of his/her work.

See, this is the very reason why I posted what I did on Kema's thread....boy, I tell ya. Why don't some of you that are sooooooo concerned about these pastors w/very large churches, homes, cars, body guards, etc. come and visit the churches for yourselves...then, you don't have to worry about what you heard. Bishop addresses these sorts of issues during worship service all the time.

It seems to me, that you folks are more worried about what's going on w/these pastors, than the word of GOD.

Beyond SAD! :smh:

Fortitude said:
Okay so, of that 40% am I to give 100% to the church?

To please the world, probably so.
To some, a preacher should only live a modest life --- I have a relative that believes that. Anything above modest (to them), the preacher is a thief and greedy, I guess.

Sorry JagBR, if we changed the direction of your thread (after your question was answered).

But since you headlined this thread T.D. Jakes, it does stir up conversation on various feelings on him and such preachers.

I don't know much about T.D. Jakes but for those of you that do, I have a couple of questions.

Where did he study theology and how did he get the title Bishop?

1. Uhhh, you are suppose to give 10% of your earnings to your church. That's any church.

I don't think that is what Dr. Sweet NUPE meant. I also don't understand the logic behind one church giving 10% of its own funds to the Potter House.

I'm co-signing all of what Critaucal said, especially this...
Wow! [Dr. H] Are you doing this (Acts 2:45, Acts 4:34)?
hmmm...we know the answer to that, and I like this...

2. The man is a national best-selling author from several books, has successful ministries (with tapes, DVDs, etc. available) and just made a movie. Is he suppose to be living in a duplex??? Better yet: If you've done the work he's done (and doing), would YOU not live comfortable?

3. If his family was threatened, he was doing what any real man would do to protect his family. Was he suppose to blow things off and leave his family out for whatever to happen?

4. With a ministry that large, that's what your staff (associate pastors, elders, ministers, etc.) is for. God hears your prayers just the same, if Jakes isn't around.

And last, do some research first before you condemn. Jakes didn't start out rich and is VERY familiar with the poor's man life.
Girl, the more you post like that, the more I can take breaks:winkgrin: ...keep it up. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back