Rev. T.D. Jakes (Revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CriTAUcal said:
Neither does God on blessing his people.

It's amazing that we want put limits on how much God blesses us. We're putting limits on what a limitless God can or will do for us or others. Incredible!

GramFan said:
You are so right. I am a living witness. In fact, this morning is an example.

I woke up this morning . . .A blessing. My health was good . . .A blessing. I could do all the things people take for granted like walking, talking, seeing and hearing . . . I am blessed. After I "fixed" my face, I thought about God giving us a roof over our heads and that my wife and I had been owning our own house now for nearly 8 years . . . He has blessed us. We woke our two sons up (ages 5 and 22 months) . . . A blessing. A blessing not only because they woke up but because they bring so much joy to our house and family. (Ya see doctors told us that my wife might not ever bare children. Like others, we started the adoption process and as soon as things started rolling, we found out that my wife was pregnant. Before that we were praying hard and would have been happy even if we only had one child but God blessed us with two). . . Huge Blessing.

After waking them up, we were able eat because we had food . . . A blessing by God, THE PROVIDER. After breakfast, while my wife was "prepping" the baby for his day and the five year old was dressing himself for school, I went outside to warm up my wife's vehicle so that her and the boys would be warm on their way to school . .Blessings, ya see God blessed us with the vehicles we drive. He also blessed us in that we have heat to keep us comfortable when the weather is not "perfect". After we prayed as a family and they were on their way I was inside getting prepared for work (another blessing in that he provides employment) my wife came back home because she had forgotten something. She had a glow about her. Why was she glowing? Because she was happy. Happy because she is on the fourth day of her new job. She's a teacher now. Ya see God has blessed us a family and her as an individual to give up her job as an accountant to work with children, a burning desire she's had for a long time. . .A blessing to her, the children she will teach and the school system. After she left, I was getting dressed and thought about how God clothes us. Some people have no clothes but God, THE PROVIDER, not only gives us clothes but he?s provided a washing machine so we can keep our clothes clean. . .Blessings all around us. On my way to work, my mom gave me a morning call on my cell phone . . .we are blessed to have cell phones but what was most important was that I could talk to my 67 year old mama and she let me know that my 80 year old dad and her were doing good this morning . . . A blessing that they are still alive and that they can still share words of wisdom, tell me when I?m wrong and tell me when I?m right. She told me that my 7 siblings and their children are all doing fine . . .Blessings. She also told me that the oldest grandchild (age 26) who had been doing nothing with his life has flipped the script and is on his way to doing the right things in life . . .A Blessing without a doubt.

So yea, you are right. There are no limits to what God can do for his people. However, as Dr.H has asked a few times (and im paraphrasing) when is enough enough in terms of financial gain? And you have to be careful about your blessings. Just because you are prospering financially that doesnt necessarily mean that God has his hands in it. Pimping rap artists prosper by spewing their garbage. Does God have his hands in them gaining riches, their platinum grills, girls demeaning themselves in their videos receive and them preaching the messages to our sons and daughters that life aint nothing but *****es and money? Don King, who happens to be in the spotlight these days, built his multi-million dollar empire on doing immoral and evil things. He has prospered. Did God bless him in ripping people off? I could go on and on about people prospering via the Hell highway but I'm not. They may have prospered but I don't believe God had anything to do with them doing so. The same goes for these Prosperity Pimps. Greed has no limits.

It's not for you to worry about --- how 'bout that?
Keep thanking God for all those blessings you got and let God deal with whomever is being greedy.
Who are we to put a limit on how much God blesses a man? Oh my LAWD, Bishop and First Lady So&So is just making too much money! It CAN'T be of God. Let me put my holier-than-thou nose down on that person. For am I holy and lowly.... what God smiles upon... So, just never mind the fact that I'm really judging and really need to be sweeping around my small, humble front door! :rolleyes:
If the wealth is gained wrongfully, guess what? God will take care of that!
Seriously, some of ya'll need to get a life... in Christ. If you're offended by that, you're just the person I'm talking to! :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
CriTAUcal said:
Seriously, some of ya'll need to get a life... in Christ. If you're offended by that, you're just the person I'm talking to! :tup:
You're telling people they need to get a life and in the same "breath" you're talking about somebody possibly being offended. LOL. I don't think anyone is getting offended but you and that's simply because you disagree with our opinions. It's just a message board. Don't get so frustrated.

GramFan said:
You're telling people they need to get a life and in the same "breath" you're talking about somebody possibly being offended. LOL. I don't think anyone is getting offended but you and that's simply because you disagree with our opinions. It's just a message board. Don't get so frustrated.

You don't know me. I'm not frustrated in the least! :lol: But there are sensitive people on these boards.
Basically, you should'nt even have commented, if I wasn't talking to you.

CriTAUcal said:
You don't know me. I'm not frustrated in the least! :lol: But there are sensitive people on these boards.
Basically, you should'nt even have commented, if I wasn't talking to you.

I commented not because I thought you were referring to me. I commented because you mentioned the word offended when youre the only that seems to have a problem with others having an opinion (i.e. get a life).

LaCumba said:
I just peeped in. What is the original post?

Original Post.....
JagBR said:
Rev. Jakes preached an awesome sermon on T.V. yesterday about how DEMONS stick together and how CHRISTIANS are divided.He also spoke on FAMILY CURSES. I didn't see the ending of the sermon. I would like a copy.

:smh:

Originally Posted by LaCumba
Sounds like the Church and the World is clashing on this thread. As it should be. Carry on.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away".
Mt. 25:35

And God said

"For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa. 55:9

Fortitude said:
, story has been told(the man was dirt poor w/a growing family)QUOTE]

Yeah, I've read where the man(Bishop Jakes) was homeless at one point in his life, and he picked up aluminium cans and sold them for money when he lived in West Virginia. You don't know what these people have gone through for God and their obedience to God to bring them to this point.

Jakes father owned his own business.
That tells me where TD Jakes may have gotten some of his good business sense. And regardless of what his dad did, TD Jakes was broke and struggling earlier in his family life as he has testified.

I have this on good authority from members of The Potter's House staff. Maybe this can help to quell some of this talk.

• Tom Jakes gets a 5-figure salary as pastor of The Potter's House. That salary has not increased since its inception.
  • Tom Jakes gets a 5-figure salary as president and CEO of TDJakes Ministries. That salary has not increased since its inception.
  • Tom & Serita Jakes get royalties just as any other author/actor/producer/clothing designer/etc. does. Those income sources FAR exceed those of his salaried positions.
  • Tom & Serita Jakes are very heavily invested in stocks, bonds, real estate, natural resources, etc., with EACH of those investment areas producing positive cash flow that exceeds his salaried positions.

The bottom line is that they practice all of that stuff that they teach about creating revenue streams. In other words, they practice what they preach. My friends who are on staff their have invested sums of money in some of the same areas as The Jakes. They are receiving proportional returns. So, those same principles and practices are working for my friends.

When is enough ENOUGH? It depends on what you are doing with it. If you are using it to fund the promotion of the Kingdom of God and being righteous in your dealings, you will never reach enough until Jesus returns to end this tumult. Otherwise, enough is probably reached when it starts to consume you.

If you are a $5 dope addict, then that is enough.
If you are a $3 pimp, then that is enough.
If you are a $2 whore, then that is enough.
If you are a food addict, then the 99-cent value menu at you local fast food establishment might make $1 enough.

For those of us who are addicted to arguing about these things, I hope that this post is enough.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
dacontinent said:
I have this on good authority from members of The Potter's House staff. Maybe this can help to quell some of this talk.

• Tom Jakes gets a 5-figure salary as pastor of The Potter's House. That salary has not increased since its inception.
  • Tom Jakes gets a 5-figure salary as president and CEO of TDJakes Ministries. That salary has not increased since its inception.
  • Tom & Serita Jakes get royalties just as any other author/actor/producer/clothing designer/etc. does. Those income sources FAR exceed those of his salaried positions.
  • Tom & Serita Jakes are very heavily invested in stocks, bonds, real estate, natural resources, etc., with EACH of those investment areas producing positive cash flow that exceeds his salaried positions.

The bottom line is that they practice all of that stuff that they teach about creating revenue streams. In other words, they practice what they preach. My friends who are on staff their have invested sums of money in some of the same areas as The Jakes. They are receiving proportional returns. So, those same principles and practices are working for my friends.

When is enough ENOUGH? It depends on what you are doing with it. If you are using it to fund the promotion of the Kingdom of God and being righteous in your dealings, you will never reach enough until Jesus returns to end this tumult. Otherwise, enough is probably reached when it starts to consume you.

If you are a $5 dope addict, then that is enough.
If you are a $3 pimp, then that is enough.
If you are a $2 whore, then that is enough.
If you are a food addict, then the 99-cent value menu at you local fast food establishment might make $1 enough.

For those of us who are addicted to arguing about these things, I hope that this post is enough.
:lol::lol: Funny.....

cat daddy said:
I don't know much about T.D. Jakes but for those of you that do, I have a couple of questions.

Where did he study theology and how did he get the title Bishop?

Can someone answer my question from page 1????

I am not sure, however this was taken from the Potters House web site.

1976: Accepted his call into the ministry by preaching his first sermon.

1977: Licensed as a minister in the church

1979: Officially ordained to minister in the church and as a pastor

1979: Part-time pastorate at Greater Emmanuel Temple of Faith, a storefront church in Montgomery, WV that began with 10 members.

1982: First radio ministry, ?The Master?s Plan.?

1983: First conference, ?Back to the Bible,? held at Temple of Faith for 80 people.

1987: Ordained into the Bishopric by Dr. Quander L. Wilson, the presiding Bishop of Greater Emmanuel Churches at the Charleston, WV Civic Center.

==

Be not deceived, some of the greatest men to mount the pulpit did not have a college degree. However, it helps to have a college degree on the flip side some of the most none-bibical preacher I know are college educted.

God, does not require a preacher to have a college degree according to:

This [is] a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 1 Timothy 3:1

God, is the only one that can plant his word in a man's heart.

I think Dr.H makes some valid points but I would not lump Jakes in with some of these health and wealth scammers.These people seem to always measure prosperity with material things.I have never heard them define prosperity in relationship to our relationship with God.Is prosperity to be defined by our bank account or our walk with God.I would like to know where Jakes stands on the doctrine of the trinity but as far as his finances I believe his 7 million books that have been sold explain that.Too many of us are caught up in style over substance so we forsake doctrine for a good sermon.Dr H keep on preaching so the truth can be told because you seem to have a really firm grasp of sound biblical doctrine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back