Report: Alabama LB Mekhi Brown, who had to be restrained during title game, has transferred

I'm sure as hell Saban wanted him to stay.

Not easy to go out and get a 4 star 6'5 240 pound LB...

Now sure what happened prior to the penalty. However, I personally think something happened earlier to cause him to "go off". I met the young man at an elementary school where he encouraged students to be their very best including academics, behavior, and attendance in school. He was very passionate about his dedication to the University of Alabama and expected playing time in the future. What happened during the game was not the person that I met. The young man that i met was a gentlemen that would make all of us proud to be associated with him. Props to Tennessee State for giving him an opportunity to continue his academics and his pursuit to be the best player possible.

Shout out to @Dog81 for being on top of this and on the money...

Saban has a history of giving second chances, you can believe what you want.

I wanted him gone, because I dont believe in his behavior as a player or a man. Many people like to make excuses for bad behavior and for the lack of responsibility. The young man might need some psychological help, I hope he gets it.

Saban wanted him to stay? Well, let me put it this way, if yall believe that I have some land in Arizona I want to sell you. Beach front property on the Atlantic ocean.

Has Saban or the Unversity denied his statement?

How hard is it to believe the young man wanted more playing time and wanted to take his talents elsewhere?

TNSU recruited the kid out of high school so there was a relationship.

I don't understand the mindset.

Saban has a history of giving second chances, you can believe what you want.

I wanted him gone, because I dont believe in his behavior as a player or a man. Many people like to make excuses for bad behavior and for the lack of responsibility. The young man might need some psychological help, I hope he gets it.

So I guess all these hockey players who routinely have alterations and fight on the ice need psychological help?

The hypocrisy is unreal.

So you are infallible?

Saban wanted him to stay? Well, let me put it this way, if yall believe that I have some land in Arizona I want to sell you. Beach front property on the Atlantic ocean.

If Saban wanted him to stay the kid would have stayed. LOL...I'm reading some of these comments and thinking....yall that green?????

Some of these dudes going in on a kid who decides to move on/walk away from a certain situation to further his education at a HBCU but won't say shyt about this Bama soriority chick hurling the N-Word with reckless abandon on social media.

Last edited:

So I guess all these hockey players who routinely have alterations and fight on the ice need psychological help?

The hypocrisy is unreal.

So you are infallible?

I get the desire to try to make the comparison between fighting in hockey and other sports, but it’s way more complex than that.

I get the desire to try to make the comparison between fighting in hockey and other sports, but it’s way more complex than that.

I'm basing it off his assertion that the Brown kid is some sort of deviant that has to be reformed via psychological help.

Take baseball, do they not fight on the amateur and pro level. On occasion bench clearing brawls. But because its predominantly white their behavior gets looked over.

But let a black kid have an exchange with a coach while possibly having symptoms of CTE or possibly concussed and he is labeled a thug.

I'm basing it off his assertion that the Brown kid is some sort of deviant that has to be reformed via psychological help.

Take baseball, do they not fight on the amateur and pro level. On occasion bench clearing brawls. But because its predominantly white their behavior gets looked over.

But let a black kid have an exchange with a coach while possibly having symptoms of CTE or possibly concussed and he is labeled a thug.

The difference is that baseball and hockey fights rarely involve individual players going after coaches or mangers, especially coaches on their own teams.

The difference is that baseball and hockey fights rarely involve individual players going after coaches or mangers, especially coaches on their own teams.

Rarely do you see players/coaches in CFB involved in physical altercations but it has happened not only in CFB but in all sports and mostly all levels so why single this kid out...

Back to my point...

We look at some athletes one way while looking at others another way...

Ain't nobody scared of Grambling except for the SWAC.

Y'all better hope you can replace that QB & RB.

Southern y'all need to handle Grambling this year...

Grambling replace good player every year.... This year will be no different.... "If you want to win football games you go to others schools, but if you want to win championships you come to Grambling." Grambling will have a really good team returning next football season. Southern fan feel like they need to handles Grambling every year, but it just don't work out like that.

I tell you what, if you keep wishing Southern beat Grambling every year, one year you are going to be right. SO KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

Explain...

The majority of fights in hockey are not these organic occurrences.

Fights often happen by players responding to teammates being hit with a cheap shot. It's a kind of policing that goes on out there, particularly to protect star players. Fighting in hockey is also used a strategy. Some guys only role on the team is to be a goon. They dictate the who, the when and where of the fight and everybody understands it.

Rarely do you see players/coaches in CFB involved in physical altercations but it has happened not only in CFB but in all sports and mostly all levels so why single this kid out...

Because it happened during the national championship game with 20 million people watching. If this happened during an 11 a.m. game, it wouldn't have blown up as much.

Back