Report: Alabama LB Mekhi Brown, who had to be restrained during title game, has transferred

The majority of fights in hockey are not these organic occurrences.

Fights often happen by players responding to teammates being hit with a cheap shot. It's a kind of policing that goes on out there, particularly to protect star players. Fighting in hockey is also used a strategy. Some guys only role on the team is to be a goon. They dictate the who, the when and where of the fight and everybody understands it.

There you go whitesplaining...

I have seen life threatening injuries inflicted in hockey fights.

So WP get to have goons and beat the shyt out of each other and its viewed as a healthy part of the game.

But let this black kid who is just as passionate get berated because he made a mistake on the field and wanted to voice his opinion because God only knows what happened to him in a pile up.

Yeah, I see the difference...

Last edited:
There you go whitesplaining...

I have seen life threatening injuries inflicted in hockey fights.

So WP get to have goons and beat the shyt out of each other and its viewed as a healthy part of the game.

But let this black kid who is just as passionate get berated because he made a mistake on the field and wanted to voice his opinion because God only knows what happened to him in a pile up.

Yeah, I see the difference...

You do know that the reaction of a player going after a coach is going to be different than two players fighting each other, right?

You do know that the reaction of a player going after a coach is going to be different than two players fighting each other, right?

Never disputed it, my point is that some posters need to have that same energy when white players commit the same acts.

Society conditions folk to see the very worse in a blk individuals as opposed to what happened to cause him to have such a reaction.

I guarantee if that was white kid and blk coach; people would be digging into that blk coaches background while coddling the white kid.

Turn on your TV... Whites can shoot folk and LEO and be taken alive. Unarmed teenagers will be shot for no reason but be deemed as KING KONG in stature and nature.

At the end of the day he probably got out of a situation and environment that was not best suited for him and will hopefully go on to obtain his degree, which is something we should all be happy about...

Never disputed it, my point is that some posters need to have that same energy when white players commit the same acts.

Society conditions folk to see the very worse in a blk individuals as opposed to what happened to cause him to have such a reaction.

I guarantee if that was white kid and blk coach; people would be digging into that blk coaches background while coddling the white kid.

Turn on your TV... Whites can shot folk and LEO and be taken alive. Unarmed teenagers will be shot for no reason but be deemed as KING KONG in stature and nature.

You're right in that the reaction to black behavior is placed under more scrutiny that white behavior.

I don't think this kid who blew up on the sideline needs some anger management classes or psychological evaluation.

But the initial reaction from posters here was the simple irony that TSU would bring a kid on its football team who was involved in an altercation with a coach months after it kicked a player off the team for being involved in an altercation with a coach.

I'm basing it off his assertion that the Brown kid is some sort of deviant that has to be reformed via psychological help.

Take baseball, do they not fight on the amateur and pro level. On occasion bench clearing brawls. But because its predominantly white their behavior gets looked over.

But let a black kid have an exchange with a coach while possibly having symptoms of CTE or possibly concussed and he is labeled a thug.

Brother you reaching....bench clearing and swinging or physically taunting a coach are two different things. One of the things that we as black people need to stop doing is making excuses by providing various other examples of the behavior of others when our kids do something wrong.

For example you brought the racist white chick, and now benches clearing. Screw that we need to learn to tell our kids that they are wrong and stop taking up for them by pulling the race card when there is an altercation between ethnic groups. If this young man buffed up at any black assistant coach at a HBCU would these examples be relevant? The answer is no because there is an automatic assumption that the kid did something wrong.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bama-player-mekhi-brown-went-after-coach-2018-1

It started late in the third quarter after Alabama kicked a field goal to cut the lead to 20-10. Any momentum Bama seemed to be gaining nearly went out the window on the ensuing kickoff when linebacker Mekhi Brown struck a Georgia player in the face with what appeared to be a punch.

Ok...the Clemson player walked off. According to the NCAA Brown was supposed to be ejected....if the coach got in to his ass about the punch then the dude should be kicked off the team simple as that.

So let's put all the other racist stuff to the side and stop being an enabler.

tenor.gif

I'm sure as hell Saban wanted him to stay.

Not easy to go out and get a 4 star 6'5 240 pound LB...

That's a position of need too. One of the players expected to get reps in front of him isn't quite living up to expectations yet...

Then I can't help you.

Google "infallible & hypocrisy" and go back and read my other post...

Ok who is not capable of making mistakes or being wrong?

The football player was wrong. Period. Yet, you bring in other examples simply because people disagree. Yes the white chick was wrong for being racist but what does that have to do with a player who can't control himself...punches another BLACK player...not ejected....white coach gets in his ass the player walks off...black coach gets in ass he begins to talk shit and attempt to assault him...so please tell me...why is it wrong for us to point out that wrongness of the the black player...

More importantly why is not wrong of us to point out that Tennessee State just put a player off the team for physically assaulting a coach but allowed a player who attempted to physically assault a coach on their team?

Shit don't make bad sense.

Ok who is not capable of making mistakes or being wrong?

The football player was wrong. Period. Yet, you bring in other examples simply because people disagree. Yes the white chick was wrong for being racist but what does that have to do with a player who can't control himself...punches another BLACK player...not ejected....white coach gets in his ass the player walks off...black coach gets in ass he begins to talk shit and attempt to assault him...so please tell me...why is it wrong for us to point out that wrongness of the the black player...

More importantly why is not wrong of us to point out that Tennessee State just put a player off the team for physically assaulting a coach but allowed a player who attempted to physically assault a coach on their team?

Shit don't make bad sense.

Go back and read my post. I don't believe I ever condoned his behavior.

Kendrick & I have already chopped it up so please go back a read the post(s) because I ain't got time for the drama today...

Has Saban or the Unversity denied his statement?

How hard is it to believe the young man wanted more playing time and wanted to take his talents elsewhere?

TNSU recruited the kid out of high school so there was a relationship.

I don't understand the mindset.

Saban aint the type that would ever comment on something like this.... I can guarantee you Saban could care less if he left or not.... Bama is plug and play.... this dude was a specials team player.....

Saban has kept players for doing far worse things than this kid did... I know that for a fact. Saban kept two players who attempted physically attacked him. One of them wasn't a starter and eventually transferred , the other started at linebacker and coaches high school football now.

Back