Rendering OF AAMU new arena

There will also be a hotel built across from it.

Will the arena be built off campus? Since it will be the newest arena in the SWAC, it will undoubtedly be the nicest. I am happy for AAMU as Elmore had become the worst basketball venue in the conference. I remember more than 30 years ago when SU replaced Seymour Gym with the Clark Center, SU was the envy of all of hbcudom. So enjoy your ride to the top until a newer arena pops up somewhere else.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Will the arena be built off campus? Since it will be the newest arena in the SWAC, it will undoubtedly be the nicest. I am happy for AAMU as Elmore had become the worst basketball venue in the conference. I remember more than 30 years ago when SU replaced Seymour Gym with the Clark Center, SU was the envy of all of hbcudom. So enjoy your ride to the top until a newer arena pops up somewhere else.
No it will be beside closer to the entrance of Louis Crews... now its away from most of the buildings but our campus is really spread out.

I was on the phone with my pops this evening and had asked him if he heard anything about the Event Center. No sooner than I hung up, someone sent me this pic.

As much as I am excited for our on campus improvements, I am also excited for north Huntsville. I have seen more improvements, developments, and removal of eyesores in the past few years than the previous 20. Council President @DevynsKeith , who grew up in Distict 1 , has shown much love to AAMU . I would not be surprised to see him, one day, possibly making a strong run to be the Mayor of Huntsville. Remember the name.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It’s perfect... i don’t want my games to be like FAMUs... where the arena looks empty every game because it’s so big.... we not putting 8k in a gym for no game.
In that case, it should only seat around 3000.

What good times? We are 85-30 all time against yall.
Hey Sting my man. You like trivia don't you. That's cool. I got a trivia question for ya.....

The Joe L. Reed Acadome uh...I mean the Dunn-Oliver Acadome (snicker)...who was the first team that Bama State played?

I was also wondering, if Bama State actually won the first game?

Oh wait...if my memory is correct, it was that school up north within the same state off of I-565.....and it will forever be sketched in memory huh?!

.....snickering

looks nice. I don't see any box seats. that's revenue. and please don't be like one of my favorite schools that built a new venue and don't have an atm in the building and half way through the game the csm goes down and can only accept cash... again that's lost revenue.

That is an excellent point.

If the facility is multi-purpose, it should ideally cover the student population plus a percentage for growth if they have any plans of growing their enrollment. Right now it appears to be just right for the current student population with no growth included in the equation.....But to each his own. Props to AAMU for getting an improved situation.

looks nice. I don't see any box seats. that's revenue. and please don't be like one of my favorite schools that built a new venue and don't have an atm in the building and half way through the game the csm goes down and can only accept cash... again that's lost revenue.
[/Q
the inside was a very rough draft... that picture came from a screenshot of a video. We arent building an arena with no box seats.

Back