Rendering OF AAMU new arena

If the facility is multi-purpose, it should ideally cover the student population plus a percentage for growth if they have any plans of growing their enrollment. Right now it appears to be just right for the current student population with no growth included in the equation.....But to each his own. Props to AAMU for getting an improved situation.
there is an entire floor for seats for anything else. Why build an 8000 seat arena that is going to be empty 99% of the time? So Alabama’s arena should seat 40k? No need to waist money... use that money on amenities.

there is an entire floor for seats for anything else. Why build an 8000 seat arena that is going to be empty 99% of the time? So Alabama’s arena should seat 40k? No need to waist money... use that money on amenities.

Comparing Alabama to Alabama A&M is like comparing apple to oranges. Alabama doesn't need their basketball arena for multi-purposes to the extent that AAMU does.... If you like it, I love it.....no dog in the hunt.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Comparing Alabama to Alabama A&M is like comparing apple to oranges. Alabama doesn't need their basketball arena for multi-purposes to the extent that AAMU does.... If you like it, I love it.....no dog in the hunt.

In the past 5 years what has Southern used its 7500 seat arena for that filled it to capacity?

Hey Sting my man. You like trivia don't you. That's cool. I got a trivia question for ya.....

The Joe L. Reed Acadome uh...I mean the Dunn-Oliver Acadome (snicker)...who was the first team that Bama State played?

I was also wondering, if Bama State actually won the first game?

Oh wait...if my memory is correct, it was that school up north within the same state off of I-565.....and it will forever be sketched in memory huh?!

.....snickering
Congrats. Yall definitely needed that to get to 30 lol

In the past 5 years what has Southern used its 7500 seat arena for that filled it to capacity?

I don't know. I haven't attended the 3 graduations per year the last 5 years that S.U. has, concerts, speakers, or other activities they have.

@DAHILL ignore the foolishness lol
Ain’t nothing wrong with that arena. It’s a fine upgrade. I’ve never traveled to a&m but with the upgrade I wouldn’t be opposed to going there for a game when my tigers are involved.

Congrats bull pups!

Will the arena be built off campus? Since it will be the newest arena in the SWAC, it will undoubtedly be the nicest. I am happy for AAMU as Elmore had become the worst basketball venue in the conference. I remember more than 30 years ago when SU replaced Seymour Gym with the Clark Center, SU was the envy of all of hbcudom. So enjoy your ride to the top until a newer arena pops up somewhere else.

hold your horses...I’m very happy for AAMU, but the Acadome is still light years better than any other HBCU gym.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
If it wasn’t for graduation, hosting regionals in high school and concerts.. i would be fine with 3000. But I’m fine with 5800 and state of the art amenities. Instead of waist of money on seats that will never be used... but that towards high quality Videoboards, upgraded locker rooms, etc

The former president at Lynch Street decided not to go with a videoboard with ours but those high school boards smh

Hopefully our video board will be installed next season

Congrats bull pups!

hold your horses...I’m very happy for AAMU, but the Acadome is still light years better than any other HBCU gym.

Oh really?

1501166753.jpg

Hey Sting my man. You like trivia don't you. That's cool. I got a trivia question for ya.....

The Joe L. Reed Acadome uh...I mean the Dunn-Oliver Acadome (snicker)...who was the first team that Bama State played?

I was also wondering, if Bama State actually won the first game?

Oh wait...if my memory is correct, it was that school up north within the same state off of I-565.....and it will forever be sketched in memory huh?!

.....snickering

Lol!!! Apparently, Sting doesn't remember or know about the Pettaway era around the time the Acadome was built. He should go and check the record against Bama State around that time. He will then see what the good times were.

P.S. I was in the Acadome for that first official game. A&M beat them royally. Pettaway said that Oliver had agreed to give A&M the first game when the dome opened. We might return the favor to State.

Back