Removing crab grass and weeds from ur lawn

Do not apply that weed control every two weeks, that is too much stuff for your yard to take in. You should be doing a application every 6-8 weeks. Get something that has weed control and a good fertilizer in it.

Well, its been 45 days (6 weeks) and I just applied my 2nd application of the fertilizer specially made for the DFW area that I buy at a local nursery in Irving, TX. That stuff has my ENTIRE yad THICK and GREEN. It is not a good idea to get a fertilizer with weed control in it. You want to keep them separate (weed control and fertilizer). This way, you can apply the weed control AS NEEDED.

Whats helping control the weeds is thicker grass. Weeds have a harder time trying to grow through thick grass.

My yard has been saved!!!!!!! Although, I am going to have to cut the grass twice a week.

Right now, my fert treatments are really kicking in. Plus we had a weekend of wet weather and my grass is growing thicker and longer. I now have to mow about every 10 days are so.

Also to help your lawn, don't cut your grass too low. It will still look neat, but it will appear thicker and greener.

If you have Bermuda you can still get your yard in shape. Bermuda doesn't really take off until the temps reach 85-90 everyday.

After the first treatment though, the cg turned black but another type of weed/wild grass started coming up here and there. It's almost the same texture as the grass, but it grows tall and is greener. :no: I've just been spraying that with weed be gone. We've already put down our first treatment of lime two weeks ago.

Overall, it's looking better.

Thats probably Dallisgrass, you'll probably have to get out there and dig it out.

Although, I am going to have to cut the grass twice a week.

Just cut it once a week on a regular basis. You do not have to cut it more than that.

Also to help your lawn, don't cut your grass too low. It will still look neat, but it will appear thicker and greener.

It's good to know someone that knows how to cut their yard. As the season goes on, you are suppose to raise the height of your mower. Cut it low in the early spring then raise your mower in increments and cut it higher. By the end of the season you should be at the highest height for your mower and your lawn will look great and will reward you with a nice thick/plush lawn.

My yard is finally starting to look a lot better. My flowers are blooming...I have plants/flowers blooming this year, that never attempted to grow last year. My yard is a pretty deep green and all the grass is growing back, that was dead. I even notice the weeds are pretty much gone. I guess my yard man is doing his job. :D

Now, I've just gotta get rid of the ants. :uhoh:

If you have Bermuda you can still get your yard in shape. Bermuda doesn't really take off until the temps reach 85-90 everyday.

Most in my neck of the woods have St. Augustine grass and there is still time to get it in shape as well. I put down some Weed and Feed designed for St. Augustine and the grass is shooting up.

Back