Removing crab grass and weeds from ur lawn

Well, let me give them a call too. I'm about ready to put some diesel down and call it a day, cause I aint pull up naything.

That's what my grandmother uses all day every day. Gets the weekds,snakes, and the spiders. :winkgrin: :winkgrin:

Yep. I'm about to go old school on these jokers. All this "Tru Green, Chem-lawn, and other services" cant do nothing compared to "old fashion diesel". And I wouldnt have to wonder if it works, I would see results in about 10 minutes.

Just call these guys out for the first application and then cancel afterwards. They will get all that stuff killed for you and then you start putting down the Scotts Bonus.

HeaderGroup.gif

I use them also. :tup:

All that weed and feed stuff just makes the weeds grow. i go to the Co-op and get MSMA and a few other products. Also buy the green dye so you can mask the brown patches. If you don't have a co-op. Look for a agriculture store they sale stuff that will kill everything including the grass but if you do it now by the time the summer hits all you will have is green grass. I also suggest you contact a lawn service and have your lawn sprayed at the beginning of the season and at the end. Crabgrass can be pulled out by hand. It's not easy but if your yard is too far gone call TruGreen and then make sure you keep is sprayed from that point on.

Also Try New Image from Home Depo and Walmart. If your lawn looks good but you have a few crabgrass or chickpea growing it will knock it right out and it will not kill your grass.

http://www.sod.com/html/weed_control.html
sm_10011.jpg
http://www.drexchem.com/

Now is the time to put down the pre-emrgent "Scotts Crab grass Preventer"in the blue and white bag come back about a week or two later and spray on Ortho Weed B-Gone with crab grass prevent

May try one of these this year.
The weed and seed do good in my yard but if this makes my grass greener and thicker AND get's the weeds, I'm all for it.

May stop by Home Depot this evening and let someone talk me through the pro's and con's of each. :nod:

Yep. I'm about to go old school on these jokers. All this "Tru Green, Chem-lawn, and other services" cant do nothing compared to "old fashion diesel". And I wouldnt have to wonder if it works, I would see results in about 10 minutes.

ya know, I had a little b-day party at my house a couple of weeks ago and the cook thought he could pour some burning coals out of a portable grill into my big grill........well the wind was blowing and blew that **** on my grass. I didn't mind too much because we were in the backyard AND I heard the grass grows back greener. However, it was only a small area that caught afire. After the shock was over- I was straight.

ya know, I had a little b-day party at my house a couple of weeks ago and the cook thought he could pour some burning coals out of a portable grill into my big grill........well the wind was blowing and blew that **** on my grass. I didn't mind too much because we were in the backyard AND I heard the grass grows back greener. However, it was only a small area that caught afire. After the shock was over- I was straight.
LOL!!!

Did it kill your weeds in that spot?

correction, I do have some crabgrass in the backyard, and I looked at the area this morning and the crab grass is still there. So no- burning is not a trick for getting rid of the crab grass. lol

LOL!!! Well, it appears that the Weed -b- Gone spray that hooks up to the hose seems to be working. I checked yesterday after getting home from work and the weeds are drying up and withering. I think I'll buy some more this weekend and spray it again.

It's really hard to prevent weeds when your neighbors have weeds. :retard:

Very hard. But, w/ patience and a little extra effort, you can get rid of them. :tup:

Is it me, or are weeds worse this year, than normal? I don't recall having all these weeds in my yard, last year...I think it's due to the dryness/drought out here.

Is it me, or are weeds worse this year, than normal? I don't recall having all these weeds in my yard, last year...I think it's due to the dryness/drought out here.

You have a green thumb sistah. That's exactly what it is coupled w/ the grass being confused about winter/spring. :)

You have a green thumb sistah. That's exactly what it is coupled w/ the grass being confused about winter/spring. :)
well, I'll be daymed if I'm going to go out there and pull them all up...my yard man and I are gonna have to talk. :smh:

LOL!!! Well, it appears that the Weed -b- Gone spray that hooks up to the hose seems to be working. I checked yesterday after getting home from work and the weeds are drying up and withering. I think I'll buy some more this weekend and spray it again.

I got Weed-b-gone and them weeds don't go nowhere. They turn black and come back.

P, am I supposed the pull them up and spary some more after I pull them up?

I'm one of those that pull out the root of the weeds in my front yard and then use Vigoro weed and feed. I had Chem lawn or Tru Green or whomever those folks were handled my weeds for 1 year, but I felt I could do just as better for less than what I was paying them for.

All weed b gone did for my yard was put spots of holes in my grass. It took a while for the grass to grow back.

The only thing that I'm concerned with as far as my backyard is that its stays green. Its pretty big, but since only my front yard can be seen, I take care of that more than anything.

Vigoro Weed and Feed is what my yard guy put down, in my yard...I haven't seen any results yet....though, I really don't know what I'm looking for. LOL I wonder if he pulled up any weeds before he mowed?

I need to call him TODAY.

So with Tru Green, you pull up after?
At home treatments- you pull up before or after?

Speaking for myself, I pull up the roots, and then treat my grass......Even after treatment, some weeds will pop up every now and then. The main thing though is getting to the root of these weeds.

Warndalyn, I've also learned to experiment with what works best for my yard. If Vigoro is not working for you then you may need to try something else.

I got Weed-b-gone and them weeds don't go nowhere. They turn black and come back.

So weed b gone dont do anything but turns the black? I thought it killed them at the root. I'm about to go and get some "industrial" weed killer and spread on my lawn. That'll get them.:flamethro

shawgii and NN said the same thing about them coming back. I have a bricked sidewalk that they keep growin up in. I keep spraying them, they die for a couple of weeks and then they return.

So the only way to keep them from coming back is to pull them up? There's nothing else that kills them completely?

Yes. Getting the root is the only way.

or some diesel like you said earlier. lol j/k

If U can get the root, U've got the weed. That's what most weed killers do when U spray their leaves, kills the root system. :)

From what I've experimented with, a good weed/feed coupled w/ a spray on weed killer has did the trick for me. The spray on weed killer works BEST when it's HOT (sun, sun, sun) and of course, the weed/feed granules are time released so it depends on the frequency of rain(moisture-sprinkler etc)/heat etc. :)

I'd normally not deal w/ weeds until the REALLY warm month (like now or 1st of Apr) hit. I've been experimenting w/ the cooler climate stuff (pre-emergents, etc) and I've not really noted anything to write home about.

Your grass is like the dime piece all men want. You have to spend time with her and blow her head up or you ain't hitting it. Spending time in your yard is the only trick.

Back