Prince Tour Get's a 4 Star Must See Rating from USATODAY

Hey jag4life,

Have you heard that Prince's new tour received 4 stars from USA Today?

:emlaugh:

Deuce said:
Hey jag4life,

Have you heard that Prince's new tour received 4 stars from USA Today?

:emlaugh:

from USA Today Article said:
Prince rules. That became apparent during an explosive concert (* * * * out of four) Monday at the Staples Center, second stop on Prince's funk-freighted Musicology Tour.

I will be sitting my fat-arse in Section 112, Row 'N' tomorrow night at the American Airlines Center.......

I'm ready for Prince..........

:dude:

I'll be in section 113 Row T :wavey:

Taylor-Made'90 said:
I will be sitting my fat-arse in Section 112, Row 'N' tomorrow night at the American Airlines Center.......

I'm ready for Prince..........

Dirty said:
Sounds good. I guess he is working hard for the money.

He better work hard as much as the tickets cost. I got two down low for his Cincy trip on the 13th of this month.

Regards.

Whew!!!!!!!

Mayne, lemme tell ya.........

Just got back from the Prince concert at the American Airlines Center. And the lil mutha-phugga SHOWED OUT!!!!!!! Prince had the house a-rockin'.....

I'm not a big, big Prince fan, but that brutha puts on a good show..... And Dallas' own Eryka Badu was in the house.... Prince pulled her up on stage and let her rock the mic. She rapped 'Southern Girl' over a laid-back Prince groove..... His band was kickin'......

The concert was sold-out, and there wuddn't a bad seat in the house. It was well worth my $188.00 for two tickets......

But guess what 'chall......... :ebrow:

Dat Purple Fool is coming back to Dallas!!!!!!!

After an interlude, he said he was having so much fun he was gunna hafta come-back......

And he is.....
:bowdown:

Friday, June 11, 2004...
American Airlines Center
Dallas Texas.....the concert, part II

And yeah, that's the Friday of the 20Dallas04 SWACPage Reunion........

Tickets go on sale on April 17th, 12 noon. Holla at Ticketmaster.....

And yeah, everybody at the concert got his new CD, Musicology..... :tup::tup:

I was sitting at the very top of the American Airline Center. Helped me conquer my fear of heights. That was the best that I've seen Prince perform. I was still hoping to hear Darling Nikki. Excellent concert!!! And I'm jamming my Musicology cd now too!!!

I have to agree!! Prince was off the meter, very classy in his performance. I will be back for the 2nd time around in Dallas. My ears are still ringing from the concert LOL. NPG is not a joke either!

silentrage said:
I'm curious to know...how did they handle handing out the Musicology CDs?
As everyone enter the doors of the AA arena and passed through the metal detectors they were handed a promo copy of Musicology.

TRU2GSU said:
As everyone enter the doors of the AA arena and passed through the metal detectors they were handed a promo copy of Musicology.

Did it cause a backlog as people entered? Was it chaos? Or was it pretty organized?

silentrage said:
Did it cause a backlog as people entered? Was it chaos? Or was it pretty organized?
Everything was well organized from where I entered. It was slow entering the arena but noone seemed to mind from where I entered. It was a slow process due to the walking through the metal detectors, being searched with the hand wond, and ladies having their hand bands searched. For the persons handing out CDs it was easy because their was no rush of people pouring inside the arena at one time. It was packed, lines were long and everyone waited their turn getting inside. Lines moved at a decent pace though.

Yanno something??

Yesterday's concert was the first time I'd purchased a 'paper ticket' from Ticketmaster.com. And I was wondering how they'd be accepted at the door. But the ticket-taker simply simply tore-off the 'bar-code' part and gave me the paper right back... I was sure they would be scanning the tickets as you came in (like at the Mavs/Stars games).

But I also wondered this... What if I had made copies of my paper tickets?? Extra people could've gotten in, because they weren't scanning.

But the concert was OFF DA CHAIN!!!!!

But I wanna know something: Did yall see those 8 spot-light guys climb-up on the rigging and sit in the dangling chairs??? I wonder what would happen if they had to pee?????

What was the stage configuration like? I hear its an "in the round" setup. Is it? Does he favor one side more than the other? What are the details?

Regards.

Dr. Mac said:
What was the stage configuration like? I hear its an "in the round" setup. Is it? Does he favor one side more than the other? What are the details?

Regards.

I've been told that the stage setup is different depending on the arena. In Dallas, the stage was in the center of the floor, in the shape of a giant ' + ' (plus). The band was setup around the 'plus'.

It was a pretty slick setup.... He was able to perform to all four sides. And he had four jumbo-screens also. But there aren't any elobarate 'sets' or props. The only prop was a circular pearl-beaded enclosure, that hung from the light rigging, and was lowered down when he sang uhh.......uhhh......what's the tune GSUSpirit??????

Anyway, the set was very eclectic. Just him and us........

Back