Prairie View A&M Women's Basketball

It's simple. Sandy wanted a better Quality of Life living in Texas than Louisiana just like the rest of the Louisiana people who made that smart decision.

Wow, Southern University and A&M has made Tejas and Prairie View an old folks home for college coaches. LMAO!!! Those Jaguars are always setting the standard that others are measured by!!! Geaux Jags!!!

Now PV, let's not be greedy. The Jaguar Nation has to send some of our left overs to Hustle Town. LOL

Hey she has moved on to pvu. But name me one coach in the swac that has moved to another swac school an been successful ?

Hey she has moved on to pvu. But name me one coach in the swac that has moved to another swac school an been successful ?

For reference, In baseball Coach Robertson went from owning SU and winning swac while at PV to also owning SU and winning at TSU. It can be done

For reference, In baseball Coach Robertson went from owning SU and winning swac while at PV to also owning SU and winning at TSU. It can be done
Yea Lebron James is the best player right now but Micheal Jordan still the GOAT. Yall have a long waaaaaaaaaay togo to be talking about owning Southern. We've got way more championships then any of the schools in the conference.

Yea Lebron James is the best player right now but Micheal Jordan still the GOAT. Yall have a long waaaaaaaaaay togo to be talking about owning Southern. We've got way more championships then any of the schools in the conference.

the good ol' days. Good luck on your future endeavors!

Sandy Pugh: 'I wouldn't leave Southern for just anybody. It had to be a special place.'

In her first media interview since resigning as Southern’s women’s basketball coach for Prairie View, coach Sandy Pugh explained why flipping from one Southwestern Athletic Conference school to another was right for her.

“I wouldn’t leave Southern for just anybody,” Pugh said. “It had to be a special place. I think I found that special place. I think PV is that special place.”

She detailed why now — just months after winning her seventh SWAC regular-season title at Southern — she was ready to move on after 18 years at Southern.

She also expressed remorse for being unable to meet face-to-face with Southern’s current team, the group she recruited, before the hire became official Monday.

Pugh’s contract with Southern was set to expire June 30. Although Southern athletic director Roman Banks offered a new three-year deal with a fourth-year option, Pugh went into Southern’s most recent season without an extension in place.

The death of her mother, Jeraline Pugh, in January allowed Pugh, a north Louisiana native, without family ties to the state.

“I just thought, though, that my mom died in January,” she said. “One of the reasons why, and a lot of my colleagues know me, know that I’m not one to sit at a place 18 years. I’m always about exploration, life’s journeys and appreciating life, taking time to smell the roses. But after my mom’s passing, there was really nothing holding me in Louisiana. It afforded me an opportunity to sit back and look at what was going on.

“I went into the last year of my contract without a renewal. And a lot played into that and into this decision and this opportunity. My contract was up in June, and I hadn’t had conversations with anyone concerning it. So when the phone call was made to talk about PV, I was like ‘Hmm, let me see what’s going on.’ Because you never want to be one of those people who shoot the messenger before you hear the message.”

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...e52a0ca679.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:

When did y’all redo the women’s dressing room? I’m sure y’all did the men’s as well. Did y’all redo the showers too? If the men’s dressing room look anything like the the women’s, it’s so much better than what it use to look like.

Cynthia Cooper left PV for UNC Wilmington before coming back to the conference as a coach for stu.

When did y’all redo the women’s dressing room? I’m sure y’all did the men’s as well. Did y’all redo the showers too? If the men’s dressing room look anything like the the women’s, it’s so much better than what it use to look like.

You really havn't been down there in a while.

Everything is there for the taking for PV. Great School Academically and the potential to be great Athletically with probably the best facilities in the conference. I like the direction.

I will have to get out there more.. I usually just stick to going to TSU games. lol

I agree, PVU has a fabulous campus. Not landlocked at all. Student environment excellent for big games, not sure whether they go see PV vs UAPB on a monday nite for basketball or Saturday Nite or afternoon for football. Other than TSU i think they have the most potential. I say TSU not because i am bias, it just because of the 4 million people within 100 mile radius and being in the shadow of downtown houston. TSU has more media availability. Alumni support i deemed weaker than PVU.

I think she anticipated Woods getting a big payday and she went this route to make it even. Then it came out that he was making less than what she was getting and she had to either roll on out or eat her bid and stay. She rolled out for the money. I honestly don't think her heart will be in it, especially this first year.

Good point Frat. You may be right. She will do fine at PV though. She will get players to play hard.

Back