Prairie View A&M Women's Basketball

Welcome to The Hill, coach Pugh.

safe_image.php

Sandy Pugh has been named the new head women's basketball coach at Prairie View A&M University.

pugh_action_graphic_71.jpg

Pugh spent the previous 18 seasons as head coach at Southern University (2000-18), leading the Jaguars to seven outright or shared Southwestern Athletic Conference regular season titles. She also led Southern to four SWAC Tournament titles, four NCAA Tournament berths, and four NIT appearances. Pugh is a four-time SWAC Coach of the Year, including this past season when she led the Jaguars to the SWAC Regular Season title.

"I am excited to announce Sandy Pugh as the new head coach of Prairie View A&M women's basketball," said PVAMU Vice President/Director of Athletics Ashley Robinson. "She is a championship-winning coach with a proven pedigree of success. Coach Pugh won championships as a player in high school and college, and has been a part of and developed championship programs as an assistant coach and head coach. We look for her to lead and elevate Prairie View A&M women's basketball back to championship status and beyond."

http://pvpanthers.com/news/2018/5/7/sandy-pugh-named-pvamu-womens-basketball-coach.aspx

If Dooley doesn't work out watch out for Big Worm making his way to Waller County! You heard it here first! :D

Pugh will have more resources at her disposal at PV to be a winner than at SU. This move will make Perry-Hayes a better coach.

Southern couldn't afford Pugh any longer. Going the cheap route to replace her.

They were seriously low balling her considering she was there for 18 years.

Pugh will have more resources at her disposal at PV to be a winner than at SU.

"PV is at the forefront of everything in our conference. The growth has just been magnificent here at the University and in Athletics under Ashley's tutelage. What I see in the Athletic Department is just astounding, and for to have an opportunity to be a part of this growth and development and to come over to coach the women's basketball team is a blessing. I'm so looking forward to being here and being a part of the PV family. The family atmosphere here I've experienced has been overwhelming."

Last edited:

Southern University and A&M head Women's basketball coach ran her out of town. The thought of competing against S.U. on a consistent basis had her losing sleep. No one can really live like that over an extended amount of time.

Southern University and A&M head Women's basketball coach ran her out of town so she can take the job. ;)

They were seriously low balling her considering she was there for 18 years.

"PV is at the forefront of everything in our conference. The growth has just been magnificent here at the University and in Athletics under Ashley's tutelage. What I see in the Athletic Department is just astounding, and for to have an opportunity to be a part of this growth and development and to come over to coach the women's basketball team is a blessing. I'm so looking forward to being here and being a part of the PV family. The family atmosphere here I've experienced has been overwhelming."

Low balling her? Hell we just got Sean Woods cheaper than she got from PV. We were not about to put her even with incentives, the money we pay Big Worm. We don't break the bank for him.

Good luck to Sandy, but it this was strictly a business move for her. Can't be mad at her. But no way SU was going to pay that kind of money. Let Big Worm ask for something crazy and he going to be gone too.

Low balling her? Hell we just got Sean Woods cheaper than she got from PV. We were not about to put her even with incentives, the money we pay Big Worm. We don't break the bank for him.

Good luck to Sandy, but it this was strictly a business move for her. Can't be mad at her. But no way SU was going to pay that kind of money. Let Big Worm ask for something crazy and he going to be gone too.

I think she anticipated Woods getting a big payday and she went this route to make it even. Then it came out that he was making less than what she was getting and she had to either roll on out or eat her bid and stay. She rolled out for the money. I honestly don't think her heart will be in it, especially this first year.

Back