Notorius...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negro please, Master P and No Limit had a way bigger influence on Southern Rap than Outkast. P was one of the first cats from the street to hit it big in the rap game. I'm not just talking about making music, but this cat owned everything. Nobody is giving this dude no props. I like Outkast, but for every Outkast hit, I can name about three from No Limit.

Styles are you serious dude. I will give P his props on the business side but P was and never has been a bigger star. Come on man Outcast dropped nothing but classic albums. And continue to drop great music. Master P has some club, hood hits but he aint even on the level of Outcast in the hip hop game.

Great businessman but Ice cream man, is not even in the top 30 greatest rappers. Please stop this madness now.

Top MC's
1. Jay Z
2. Chuck D
3. Andre 3000
4. Pac
5. Biggie

Top 5 groups
1. Outkast
2. Wu-Tang
3. A Tribe Called Quest
4. Run-DMC
5. The Roots

Top 5 Producers
1. Rick Rubin
2. Dr. Dre
3. Pete Rock
4. Premo
5. J Dilla

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Negro please, Master P and No Limit had a way bigger influence on Southern Rap than Outkast. P was one of the first cats from the street to hit it big in the rap game. I'm not just talking about making music, but this cat owned everything. Nobody is giving this dude no props. I like Outkast, but for every Outkast hit, I can name about three from No Limit.

You can't be serious. I remember in 93 when they put out Playa's ball I was by my uncle's house in Maryland and my cousins were bumping that and they're way on the East Coast. I was here in Louisiana when No Limit became a force back in 96 but the South was putting it down waaaaaaaaaay before that. You had UGK, Jermaine Dupri had ATL doing their thing, Outkast, ect.

Now one thing I'll give you is that Master P changed the game when it comes down to the business side, Master P changed the WHOLE rap game. Hands down.

Styles are you serious dude. I will give P his props on the business side but P was and never has been a bigger star. Come on man Outcast dropped nothing but classic albums. And continue to drop great music. Master P has some club, hood hits but he aint even on the level of Outcast in the hip hop game.

Great businessman but Ice cream man, is not even in the top 30 greatest rappers. Please stop this madness now.
From the Classic Album - Atliens (Hard to believe this was 13 years ago...)
Exhibit A:
<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/kXW5gTxsb1QZ7SawYv&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/kXW5gTxsb1QZ7SawYv&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hsrb_outkast-elevator_music">Outkast : Elevator</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/BLACKMUSICS">BLACKMUSICS</a></i></div>

run to the nearest bridge... jump off, open your mouth and KILL YOURSELF.... you cant be serious folk.

From the Classic Album - Atliens (Hard to believe this was 13 years ago...)
Exhibit A:
<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/kXW5gTxsb1QZ7SawYv&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/kXW5gTxsb1QZ7SawYv&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hsrb_outkast-elevator_music">Outkast : Elevator</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/BLACKMUSICS">BLACKMUSICS</a></i></div>

ATLiens came out summer 96... was one of the hottest albums that summer.

Personally I only like the "old" Outkast. The first 3 albums when Andre 3000 still was hood lol... Players Ball, Benz or Beamers, Hootie Hoo and Get up Get out and Get something were my favorites.

Benz or Beamers (New Jersey Drive soundtrack)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9RdwNoKZCM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9RdwNoKZCM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Personally I only like the "old" Outkast. The first 3 albums when Andre 3000 still was hood lol... Players Ball, Benz or Beamers, Hootie Hoo and Get up Get out and Get something were my favorites.

Outkast mos def one of my favs. Right up there wit 'em would be Goody Mob and Nappy Roots.

Name them!

Man, I went out and bought Southernplayaisticcadillacmusic last year again because I wore the CD out. After 15 years, it still gets play in the truck! Hoodie Hoo!!!!!

You can't be serious. I remember in 93 when they put out Playa's ball I was by my uncle's house in Maryland and my cousins were bumping that and they're way on the East Coast. I was here in Louisiana when No Limit became a force back in 96 but the South was putting it down waaaaaaaaaay before that. You had UGK, Jermaine Dupri had ATL doing their thing, Outkast, ect.

Now one thing I'll give you is that Master P changed the game when it comes down to the business side, Master P changed the WHOLE rap game. Hands down.

Don't forget the Geto Boys. Yep P did open folks eyes up with respect tot he business, but when Beats By the Pound left No Limit(along with some big names leaving as well) it was all down hill from there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9RdwNoKZCM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9RdwNoKZCM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was my jam back in 95...Benz or Beamers. :clap:

Dude, P had every Negro in the US talking about they were Bout it Bout it.

And that's what I'm saying. It was way more than music. Outkast probably don't even own their music.

Last edited:
That was my jam back in 95...Benz or Beamers. :clap:

Yeeeeahh! I remember when they did a show at JSU back in 94 and played that song. That was our first time hearing it.....and they showed everybody in the Jack-Town how to Bankhead Bounce. lol

AWWWWWWW ISHT!!!!! NOW THIS WAS THAT BIG LICK IN 96.....

the instrumental played on er'body's hip-hop station..well that and the Bad Boy version of ATLiens which is right'chea

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zv64JchwE7I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zv64JchwE7I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dre' n' Big more than likely own their music from ATLiens on out, since I think that's the point they started Earthtone III with their DJ and started producing their own music. However, they still get songwriter credit and production credit out the arse, also I think they had early publishing also before they had their own publishing......unlike some other Louisiana-based record labels that came and went from the national spotlight

Last edited:

Dude, go back and reread what I said. I was commenting on who had the biggest influence on the South. I'm not arguing that P is a great rapper. Heck no. Although P and No Limit put out a lot of hits, P is not even in the list of the greatest.

Name them!

Man, I went out and bought Southernplayaisticcadillacmusic last year again because I wore the CD out. After 15 years, it still gets play in the truck! Hoodie Hoo!!!!!

Don't forget the Geto Boys. Yep P did open folks eyes up with respect tot he business, but when Beats By the Pound left No Limit(along with some big names leaving as well) it was all down hill from there.

Man that and everything but maybe Speakerboxx.

Idlewild brought back that ATliens sound. And lets not talk about the cameos and groups that came from Organized noise...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What about 8 Ball and MJG? They helped to the Southern rap game also! Not taking anything away from Outkast.

What about 8 Ball and MJG? They helped to the Southern rap game also! Not taking anything away from Outkast.

True. I saw 8 Ball and MJG perform live. Man when them fools did Armed Robbery and Lay It Down(In New Orleans)...they were shocked at how many folks knew the lyrics.

For one solid year this was what I listened to..

All Eyez On Me—Dirty South—Ridin Dirty—ATLiens—Reasonable Doubt—Illadelph Halflife

Like the late 80's through early 90s was the first Golden Age of rap for me...

then came 94/95-2000 when you had heat from the East, West and the South coming through...

man...Hip-Hop used to be so beautiful.. at a time where the limits are virtually non-existant sonically the game's at an all-time low lyrically.

but CeeDogg and Beans, I love both Ghost's and Pac's mama songs.

My playlist would be the same, just add 'The Diary'-Scarface

Are ya'll basing this shyt off lyrical ability or presence in the hip-hop world?!? Because I personally see it like this...presence alone...IF kRS-1 Wouldn't have dissed whats his face....then KRS would be bagging groceries....Just my Opinion tho...Cause KRS-1, lyrically....wasn't impressive to me... Along with others that were named...

~_________~

Last edited:
Are ya'll basing this shyt off lyrical ability or presence in the hip-hop world?!? Because I personally see it like this...presence alone...IF JRS- Wouldn't have dissed whats his face....then KRS would be bagging groceries....Just my Opinion tho...Cause KRS-1, lyrically....wasn't impressive to me... Along with others that were named...

~_________~

I definitely was thinking the same thing... I see it like this if they play your record in the club and EVERYBODY dont know 90% of the lyrics to your song then you AINT in the top 5 or 10 rappers. Let ANY B.I.G., Tupac, Jay Z, Outkast song come on in the club and its a party. KRS1 come on in the club, the DJ will get cussed out. One night I was in the club and they ran down a whole Jay Z album back to back songs.... u should have seen the crowd.

I definitely was thinking the same thing... I see it like this if they play your record in the club and EVERYBODY dont know 90% of the lyrics to your song then you AINT in the top 5 or 10 rappers. Let ANY B.I.G., Tupac, Jay Z, Outkast song come on in the club and its a party. KRS1 come on in the club, the DJ will get cussed out. One night I was in the club and they ran down a whole Jay Z album back to back songs.... u should have seen the crowd.

Again you are talking different eras. When those cats came out back in the 80s they had the same effect on the crowd. I remember being stationed in CT at the Sub Base and us young black officers rolled off base over to CT College to a party and all them kids white and black knew the Lyrics to EPMD, KRS-One and others that were hot in the 88 time frame.

In 15 years those same cats yall love will not get the same love from that generation. There may be a few Biggie or Pac songs they will like....but it will have every kid at 2024 year party moving and knowing the words like a late 90s party did or even now?........ No it will not. Kids gone be what is that isht playing. Or why are they playing that old arse isht. LOL.

You watch when you turn 40-45 how some cats who are your age now are going say Biggie and Pac, or Jay Z can't hold some new mofos jockstrap and you will be looking like >>>:retard:

If you throw a party with folks my age and drop some old 80s hip hop we gone be lipping the words and rocking the house....because that's our isht. We still gone rock the house when Salt n Pepa Push it comes on or even somebody like a Rob Base comes on. But your generation may think it is whack as hell. Look at how Ice Cube is not considered great anymore.......but hell he was the man when he first came out in NWA and then went Solo. But now folks look at him like you just an actor and stick with that. Thats because the young folks didn't experience Ice Cube when he first came out. You were too young to really embrace him as a great MC. Hell even Hammer rocked the club back n the late 80s early 90s. :lol:

Again you are talking different eras. When those cats came out back in the 80s they had the same effect on the crowd. I remember being stationed in CT at the Sub Base and us young black officers rolled off base over to CT College to a party and all them kids white and black knew the Lyrics to EPMD, KRS-One and others that were hot in the 88 time frame.

In 15 years those same cats yall love will not get the same love from that generation. There may be a few Biggie or Pac songs they will like....but it will have every kid at 2024 year party moving and knowing the words like a late 90s party did or even now?........ No it will not. Kids gone be what is that isht playing. Or why are they playing that old arse isht. LOL.

You watch when you turn 40-45 how some cats who are your age now are going say Biggie and Pac, or Jay Z can't hold some new mofos jockstrap and you will be looking like >>>:retard:

If you throw a party with folks my age and drop some old 80s hip hop we gone be lipping the words and rocking the house....because that's our isht. We still gone rock the house when Salt n Pepa Push it comes on or even somebody like a Rob Base comes on. But your generation may think it is whack as hell. Look at how Ice Cube is not considered great anymore.......but hell he was the man when he first came out in NWA and then went Solo. But now folks look at him like you just an actor and stick with that. Thats because the young folks didn't experience Ice Cube when he first came out. You were too young to really embrace him as a great MC. Hell even Hammer rocked the club back n the late 80s early 90s. :lol:

JR...

question, how old do you think I am?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back