New lineup for Unsung 2012

Re: David Ruffin - Unsung

Druffingentleman.jpg

This is a smooth looking LP cover. I could hear the strain of his lifestyle over his vocals.

Good episode. Forgot his comeback jam was Gonna Walk Away From It All.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I watched the episode, it was good.

...the way he was portrayed in the movie and the way he was portrayed on "UnSung" seem to be the same. :noidea:

But...I did find it interesting how one of the guys giving an interview basically said Motown treated him like a kid that got in trouble and put him in the corner for punishment when he tried to do his solo career. Basically...you fugg Motown...Motown fuggs you back. Which we've all heard the stories and knew to be true...but each time I see it, I'm still like, "wow". :smh:

Yeah, at first I thought Otis may have presented a biased view at Ruffin but like you said, the portrayal seems the same...a talented man whose demons seemed to have gotten the best of him...and yes, Motown definitely didn't seem to help his solo career which leads to another topic of discussion...artists that remained successful after leaving Motown....anyways...

I could feel the love his family had for him even though he had his struggles...that's some deep love...

Just finished watching this episode, it was truly sad. David was a bad boy, but his demons got to him.

Just finished watching this episode, it was truly sad. David was a bad boy, but his demons got to him.

Yeah, he was a bad boy for sho! His son said his dad was mistaken for a pimp at times.

I was torn when I heard about the abuse towards his son. I knew of the abuse he put on Tammi Terrell, but his son may have have caught a fraction of what he caught coming up.

Mistaken for a pimp because of the way he dressed. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.

I also noticed how the people interviewed would talk about his association with pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers with disdain. I'm not sure I would put pimps and prostitutes in the same category as drug dealers.

JH, I do agree that David Ruffin was probably beaten far worse than his son ever was. Not saying that beating his son was right.

Why the only wife that told the story was the white one? What happened to the mother of the 3 daughters and her story?

I thought the mother of the 3 daughters was on there too...like during the beginning.

Why the only wife that told the story was the white one? What happened to the mother of the 3 daughters and her story?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

She was on there BB. She was the older looking black lady. They talked to her at the beginning.

Mistaken for a pimp because of the way he dressed. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.

I also noticed how the people interviewed would talk about his association with pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers with disdain. I'm not sure I would put pimps and prostitutes in the same category as drug dealers.

JH, I do agree that David Ruffin was probably beaten far worse than his son ever was. Not saying that beating his son was right.

Of course you wouldn't nugga.

Have anyone seen the Sheila E one? That wasn't bad at all. I was shocked to find out she was raped by a babysitter at 5.

Have anyone seen the Sheila E one? That wasn't bad at all. I was shocked to find out she was raped by a babysitter at 5.

I watched that one. I agree that it was pretty good. I was kinda shocked at how her mom and sister aged so bad. I know they say black don't crack, but I thought Latinas held up a little better than that. :(

The best one to me was Millie Jackson. She is hilarious.

I watched that one. I agree that it was pretty good. I was kinda shocked at how her mom and sister aged so bad. I know they say black don't crack, but I thought Latinas held up a little better than that. :(

I was shocked to see Sheila rock that fro! She was mad talented. I actually believe that her and Prince are soulmates and should get hitched.
Now I gotta catch Millie.

I thought the mother of the 3 daughters was on there too...like during the beginning.
Yeah, but it was mostly the white one and her son mostly talking. The 3 daughters said some things too, but mostly it was his son and the white wife. I wanted to hear from the other women he was with.

I still have to watch the Shiela E. episode.

I saw the last 30 minutes of Millie Jackson and I loved it!! Gotta go back and watch it all the way through. She's hilarious and just a great spirit!!!

Yeah, but it was mostly the white one and her son mostly talking. The 3 daughters said some things too, but mostly it was his son and the white wife. I wanted to hear from the other women he was with.

So he had the three daughters with his first wife (Black woman)

Then he had the one son with the white woman.

who was the other son with?!

Back