New Era For JSU Starts Now (Coach Prime Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotlandville thugs are no more thuggish than other thugs in Louisiana huh Beans??? I would hate to think the individuals in the video below are someone's kinfolks on here. Lets not forget where we come from. I'm pretty sure we all know or related to a few individuals who them other folks like to call thugs, which IMO them other folks are the real thugs when it comes to economic deprivation of Black communities including ALL HBCUs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU8UjwhyVCk
Once again, YOU missed the point. We're talking about attending a SU game and bringing fans. You all don't send alot of tickets, so why would we bring alot of fans who wouldn't be able to get in?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
You’ll have to discuss that with whatever contractor won the bid on construction of that stadium. I’m just saying the reason they said they couldn’t allow us to sit in upper sections. You’ll have to voice that with Georgia State Athletics dept. If you consider the upper deck of Georgia State football stadium an eyesore what do you call that building outside of the home side of SU football stadium
That building is being demolished.

It was originally used as the Olympic stadium when we had it in Atlanta and then it was revamped for baseball

No, it was built for the 1996 Olympics and then turned into the baseball stadium

430.png

turner-field.png

Looks like they totally reconfigured the stadium for baseball, but GSU did very little to reconfigure it for football.

Once again, YOU missed the point. We're talking about attending a SU game and bringing fans. You all don't send alot of tickets, so why would we bring alot of fans who wouldn't be able to get in?

Therefore, like JSU's games, being around other BLACK FOLKS shouldn't be the problem, even if them other folks like to put negative labels on them. Just say you can't get a ticket on the same day of the game.

The casual fans are turned off by the fees associated with ticket brokers such as TicketMasters, Stubhub and the likes. I dont have a particular issue but thats me. Ask around.... When you are working with folks with limited disposable income, all things need to be taken into consideration.
Excuses smh. Most Walmart’s have Ticketmaster in the customer service center. The fees aren’t bad there.

SU finished in the top 10 and had way more ticket revenue than JSU even though y’all averaged more fans( lying on the numbers lmao). We are good .

I don't think they are lying. Cheap ticket prices along with freebies and giveaways generate little to no revenue. Economically, large numbers mean nothing if not much of a profit is being made. SU saw a decline in its attendance once the board raised its ticket prices, but an increase in ticket revenues. Somewhere along the lines schools have to find a balance. IMO, SU needs to do like other professional and college sports do, which is higher prices for games in high demand and lower prices for games not in high demand and adjust prices accordingly based on the number of early tickets sold.

Last edited:
.....Cheap ticket prices along with freebies and giveaways generate little to no revenue. Economically, large numbers mean nothing if not much of a profit is being made.......

SMH!!! Freebies and giveaways. I know under certain circumstances that is necessary, but..........(off topic)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
My dad and I paid $104 for 2 tickets to the jsu Vs SU game in BR from ticketmaster at Walmart

$50 dollars per ticket plus $2 per ticket for Ticketmaster fee. That sounds about right. High demand games should not be cheap or free. If available, our luxury box suite tickets should have been in the hundreds, like $300 or $400 per ticket or more, which would generate approximately $300k to $400k or more for just 1,000 seats.

Last edited:
That’s pretty high for a non championship or bowl game. Now Southern has the highest tickets that I know of in the SWAC. Grambling is next. We paid $74 for 2 tickets when we played Southern for their homecoming in 2018. I hope they never put us for homecoming again traffic was the worst I have ever seen

Everyone else I been to charges $25. Valley has a big game fee for Alcorn Jackson st and homecoming

Maximize profits on high demand games, which is why a school shouldn't schedule a high demand opponent for homecoming. Homecomings should naturally have a big turnout no matter who's the opponent. SU probably could adjust its ticket prices a little to attract more in-attendance, but not by much. This is why SU should either build an upper deck on the east side or close-in the south endzone in order to provide more inexpensive ticket prices. Closing in the south endzone would be a lot cheaper to construct, but not as good field view as an upper deck on the east side. Personally, I like closing in the endzone option.

Last edited:
That’s pretty high for a non championship or bowl game. Now Southern has the highest tickets that I know of in the SWAC. Grambling is next. We paid $74 for 2 tickets when we played Southern for their homecoming in 2018. I hope they never put us for homecoming again traffic was the worst I have ever seen
Exactly. To damn high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back