New Amerykah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love great lyrics and loath everything about 99% of what'ss on the Radio now. But even Talib can make thought provoking sound good, as does common,andre 3000, the roots,Lupe even Kanye makes thought provoing music that is good music. This is bad music with decent lyrics. One makes Jay Z worth 600 million and his CD's get heavy rotation in my car and the other gets trashed.

Nobody said this was bad and Soulja Boy tell em is good. We just saying the CD over all sucks. Lyrics or no lyrics.

And who can even get to the lyrical content when the music doesn't groove you???

I love great lyrics and loath everything about 99% of what'ss on the Radio now. But even Talib can make thought provoking sound good, as does common,andre 3000, the roots,Lupe even Kanye makes thought provoing music that is good music. This is bad music with decent lyrics. One makes Jay Z worth 600 million and his CD's get heavy rotation in my car and the other gets trashed.

Nobody said this was bad and Soulja Boy tell em is good. We just saying the CD over all sucks. Lyrics or no lyrics.

I can feel what everyone else is saying. Sometimes cd's aint made for everyone to feel. Sometimes it takes me to go to a bbq and while I'm sippin and slappin bones and I hear a tune, I'm "like dayum that shyzer sound good" but before then, and maybe even afterwards, I dont get that same feeling.
I'm sorry for those who wasted there money, specially since you had to use that high-a## gas to go get it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I can feel what everyone else is saying. Sometimes cd's aint made for everyone to feel. Sometimes it takes me to go to a bbq and while I'm sippin and slappin bones and I hear a tune, I'm "like dayum that shyzer sound good" but before then, and maybe even afterwards, I dont get that same feeling.
I'm sorry for those who wasted there money, specially since you had to use that high-a## gas to go get it.

I with you on that maybe I'll try that this weekend when I'm grilling. Man I had to put 50 in a v6 midsize sedan. This is outrageous. :smh::smh:

This CD sucks....this is the worst schitt Erykah has ever made. :tdown:

I mean really...was she high while recording this one, or what? I was sssoooooooo very disappointed. I love Erykah and her other cd's have had several hits on them. I listened to this cd over the w/e and just :smh: the entire time. Now, I only put Honey on repeat. I don't like narry other song.

I was curious and bought the CD. :| While in the parking lot of Circuit City and listening to it there, I stopped a white lady on her way in and gave her the CD and offered to pay her an addt'l 5$ cash to take it off my hands. :retard:

I'm not neo-soulcentric but I DO love <b>pure</b> funk. :read: That is not pure funk. :|

Carry on.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am going to come here before I buy any CD's from this point on lol.... You all just saved me 10 on itunes.

I'll have to pick it up on GP then.

Side question: How many of ya'll liked that Lauryn Hill Unplugged cd when it came out?

LOVE IT! i bought the cd and the dvd. i also had the entire album as a playlist on my myspace page. THE LYRICS! she is speaking truth, period.

now back to Erykah, i haven't heard it yet nor have i picked it up. but i'm on a whole nother level in my choice of music, so i know if most of mainstream is sayin it sucks, then i know i wanna hear it. it's only one person on this page who's opinion i pay attention to for music reviews, and he said it's tight. green light.

LOVE IT! i bought the cd and the dvd. i also had the entire album as a playlist on my myspace page. THE LYRICS! she is speaking truth, period.

now back to Erykah, i haven't heard it yet nor have i picked it up. but i'm on a whole nother level in my choice of music, so i know if most of mainstream is sayin it sucks, then i know i wanna hear it. it's only one person on this page who's opinion i pay attention to for music reviews, and he said it's tight. green light.

Uh I'm not mainstream and if you saw my music collection you would know I like a lot of artist across a lot of genres.

There is no getting around her putting out some garbage this time...:smh::smh:

Listen to some clips.
:retard:

So, Crys, if this thread was five pages of praises for the CD, but the "one person" to whom you pay attention said it was "aight" or "garbage," even though it was the exact same CD it is today, would you or would you not buy it? :confused:

Uh I'm not mainstream and if you saw my music collection you would know I like a lot of artist across a lot of genres.

well i wasn't tryna debate whether it's garbage or not, and what category folk who think it's garbage fit in. i wasn't directing what i said to you specifically. when i said mainstream, i was talkin bout the industry. if you think it's garbage, i'm sorry it doesn't fall within the parameters of your preferred genre of Baduism. but i'm listening to it now on Rhapsody and I LIKE IT. :lol: it reminds me a lot of World Wide Underground, except i here more horn instrumentation. my favorite tracks are Me, That Hump(Lord that's the one!!!!), Soldier, The Healer, The Cell, My People, hell the whole CD is something i can dig. i'm gonna purchase it tomorrow.

So, Crys, if this thread was five pages of praises for the CD, but the "one person" to whom you pay attention said it was "aight" or "garbage," even though it was the exact same CD it is today, would you or would you not buy it? :confused:

yes i would still buy it. he doesn't like Joss Stone, and i love her music and have several of her cds. no one's opinion can make me decide to buy or not to buy because i want to determine the likes of it myself. but for the most part, opposed to that one specified difference of opinion of an artist, we pretty much share the same views on music, so i pay attention to his comments on them.

yes i would still buy it. he doesn't like Joss Stone, and i love her music and have several of her cds. no one's opinion can make me decide to buy or not to buy because i want to determine the likes of it myself. but for the most part, opposed to that one specified difference of opinion of an artist, we pretty much share the same views on music, so i pay attention to his comments on them.

Hell, you got 90% of folk on here that say they on't like Soulja Boy either, and the nig still sellin 2+ mill and 1mill in ringtones!!....lmao..

Some of ya'll lyin! :lol:

Crys, have you heard any of "jazzanova"s musik?

~walks out~

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
well i wasn't tryna debate whether it's garbage or not, and what category folk who think it's garbage fit in. i wasn't directing what i said to you specifically. when i said mainstream, i was talkin bout the industry. if you think it's garbage, i'm sorry it doesn't fall within the parameters of your preferred genre of Baduism. but i'm listening to it now on Rhapsody and I LIKE IT. :lol: it reminds me a lot of World Wide Underground, except i here more horn instrumentation. my favorite tracks are Me, That Hump(Lord that's the one!!!!), Soldier, The Healer, The Cell, My People, hell the whole CD is something i can dig. i'm gonna purchase it tomorrow.

XHale those two cuts are OFF THE CHAIN !!!!!!!

HUMP is #1

yeah, X, your comment about people on the mainstream not liking it and your choice of music being on another level were funny. Alot of people on this page are on different levels of music and some like the same type of music and some don't.

I know I talked about the song, "My Dougie", but I saw the dance on youtube and I had to download it to a cd along with "Watch my Shoes". Not to mention I like other off the wall types of music as well. Hell I still like Enigma. :swink:

He's a loser, anyway. I wouldn't listen to him read me the sports section of the newspaper. ;)

:D

I still ain't bought the CD, but I've heard some of it. I'm trying not to buy it before I can get to Arkansas and steal it from my best friend. :nod:

yeah, X, your comment about people on the mainstream not liking it and your choice of music being on another level were funny. Alot of people on this page are on different levels of music and some like the same type of music and some don't.

I know I talked about the song, "My Dougie", but I saw the dance on youtube and I had to download it to a cd along with "Watch my Shoes". Not to mention I like other off the wall types of music as well. Hell I still like Enigma. :swink:

*sigh*
My best friend is going backwards...

:smh:

My favorite radio song out now is Lollipop by Lil Wayne. Are you feeling that one? I love that song!!!

I don't like it just yet!!!!! I 've heard it twice but moma and sister where in the car BUMPING THEIR GUMS TOGETHER.....

From the reviews and after reading the lyrics, It must be a louisiana bopper song. I'll probably like it then. lol:swink:

hush southsuburbs

From the reviews and after reading the lyrics, It must be a louisiana bopper song. I'll probably like it then. lol:swink:

LOL well it will probably grow on me then!!!!! I guess by the weekend i'll have folks looking at me crazy like what is that young man going though in his car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back