New Amerykah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Erykah's publicist ( :D ), it hasn't nothing to do with him being from JSU or living in Tennessee.
It's just not a good CD. Period. Stop trying to sell people her CD, like you're on her payroll, GUD. :lol:
I have tried and tried listening to her CD, but I can't seem to get past #4 (and her bonus track, Honey). After that, the rest of the CD is just not good.

The CD may be a "classic" in a few years to some, but I don't see it happening for me. It's just not good. However, her CD cover and pages inside the cover are SLAMMIN.'

I still love Erykah, so don't get me wrong. But this is just not good work. With someone like Erykah, I personally feel like I shouldn't have to listen to your CD 1,000 for me to like and finally accept it.

Thank you for your opinion,

I got the CD and haven't listened to it, but dang... is it THAT bad?

I'm an Erykah Badu fan... been loving her music since "On and On" and "Certainly" on Baduism. That's why it was an automatic buy... but I'll listen closely over the weekend....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I got the CD and haven't listened to it, but dang... is it THAT bad?

I'm an Erykah Badu fan... been loving her music since "On and On" and "Certainly" on Baduism. That's why it was an automatic buy... but I'll listen closely over the weekend....

Nah it's not bad at all. Just different from what's currently on the radio. If you like Funk music like Sly and the family Stone, 1970's version Stevie Wonder, George Clinton type of music then you will love this CD.

Most of the songs half way through the song switches up the melody and rhythm. I love it.

You know I didn't even know Honey was on the cd as a hidden track until I read about it somewhere. I just can't make it through the entire cd without wanting to throw it out of the window. I really thought this one was gonna bring Neo Soul back.

D'Angelo, please send help

This CD sucks....this is the worst schitt Erykah has ever made. :tdown:

You know I didn't even know Honey was on the cd as a hidden track until I read about it somewhere. I just can't make it through the entire cd without wanting to throw it out of the window. I really thought this one was gonna bring Neo Soul back.

I mean really...was she high while recording this one, or what? I was sssoooooooo very disappointed. I love Erykah and her other cd's have had several hits on them. I listened to this cd over the w/e and just :smh: the entire time. Now, I only put Honey on repeat. I don't like narry other song.

That's real. I knew I was on the road this past weekend, so I thought I could put it in and ride out- needless to say, it never made it in the changer going there or coming back.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now, I only put Honey on repeat. I don't like narry other song.

I can't imagine what her next single is going to be, because there are not a lot of strong songs on the CD that I think could get wide-appeal acceptance.

I read in Essence (she's on the cover), where she recorded a ton of other songs and will be releasing those CDs later this year, I believe.
'Ol girl better hurry up and release the other CDs.

LAWD, who likes it? I mean it's awful...doesn't even sound like something from a well-established artist such as Erykah. :xeye:

Warndalyn if you check back a few pages I said it sucks hot arse and GUD and a few others thought I was crazy.

Crit and I was holding to the notion that this one CD suck arse for real. :smh::smh:

I can't imagine what her next single is going to be, because there are not a lot of strong songs on the CD that I think could get wide-appeal acceptance.

I read in Essence (she's on the cover), where she recorded a ton of other songs and will be releasing those CDs later this year, I believe.
'Ol girl better hurry up and release the other CDs.

she's switching labels and she owed the one she's on now two more albums, so Amerykah I and II will be it.

Maybe once on her new label- she'll be better.

This CD sucks....this is the worst schitt Erykah has ever made. :tdown:

I was curious and bought the CD. :| While in the parking lot of Circuit City and listening to it there, I stopped a white lady on her way in and gave her the CD and offered to pay her an addt'l 5$ cash to take it off my hands. :retard:

I'm not neo-soulcentric but I DO love <b>pure</b> funk. :read: That is not pure funk. :|

Carry on.

Everybody that I have talked to has said the same thing. This cd is garbage!!

I listened to it at work when I first got it but I haven't listened to it since. I'm a Badu fan and I love old school music (funk, jazz, soul) but this cd is a complete disappointment.

Okay, I FINALLY listened to the CD........and this is coming from someone that is not only a FUNK fanatic, but appreciates "out there" type of music- I'ain feeling it. :smh: :lol:

The only songs that I kinda like are "Soldier (I like the message)," "The Cell," and "That Hump." :tup:

I don't know........I won't go as far as saying it's garbage, but I think u have to be on a WHOLE nother level to understand and appreciate this CD. Honestly, I had to read this review to get a better understanding of her lyrics: http://artofrhyme.com/reviews/Erykah-Badu_New-Amerykah/89/

Got this cd this weekend (with Snoop's Ego Trippin) and read the lyrics in the linear notes along with the music.
Can't make everyone like it because you choose what you'd like to groove to.
Her lyrics are very thoughtful and too me a little vunerable on some songs.
I'm feeling it. (But when/why does my opinion matter and reverse to everyone else)
The thing is, what else is out new that is thought-provoking and different from the regular top 40 rotation of trash.

Got this cd this weekend (with Snoop's Ego Trippin) and read the lyrics in the linear notes along with the music.
Can't make everyone like it because you choose what you'd like to groove to.
Her lyrics are very thoughtful and too me a little vunerable on some songs.
I'm feeling it. (But when/why does my opinion matter and reverse to everyone else)
The thing is, what else is out new that is thought-provoking and different from the regular top 40 rotation of trash.

I love great lyrics and loath everything about 99% of what'ss on the Radio now. But even Talib can make thought provoking sound good, as does common,andre 3000, the roots,Lupe even Kanye makes thought provoing music that is good music. This is bad music with decent lyrics. One makes Jay Z worth 600 million and his CD's get heavy rotation in my car and the other gets trashed.

Nobody said this was bad and Soulja Boy tell em is good. We just saying the CD over all sucks. Lyrics or no lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back