NCAA Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be hilarious when graduation rates drop. A lot of these players are a mix of:
1. Dumb and hormonal
2. Addicted to twitter announcement attention

Just allow the dudes to get paid and stop B.S.ing around the issue

Virginia Tech QB Hendon Hooker, son of A&T legend, is now in the transfer portal

The words “transfer portal” are two of the trendiest words in the ever-changing lingo of college football. Simply put, it’s a declaration of a student-athlete’s intent to transfer to another school.

The son of an HBCU legend is now officially in the transfer portal and its not out of the realm of possiblity that he could end up following in his father’s footsteps.

Virginia Tech redshirt sophomore Hendon Hooker announced on Wednesday that he’s now officially in the transfer portal. He is the son of Alan Hooker, who led A&T to the 1986 MEAC title and is enshrined in the school’s hall of fame.

https://hbcugameday.com/2019/01/30/...n-of-at-legend-is-now-in-the-transfer-portal/

A lot of this deals with poor initial decision making. As a parent of a potential recruit my son understands that the decision he makes will be one for four years. We are using football as a way to get through college debt free. Going to the league is a dream but in reality what will be his career option.

Lord... Kids been transferring forever. Now there is just a database to track it.

And on the FBS level, it's gonna give ESPN and nem more content to talk about because I'm sure there are people that have access to it that will monitoring it 24/7 to see a big name enter it

A lot of this deals with poor initial decision making. As a parent of a potential recruit my son understands that the decision he makes will be one for four years. We are using football as a way to get through college debt free. Going to the league is a dream but in reality what will be his career option.

Going to the school because of the coach and not because of the school or fit.

That Fields kid should have NEVER went to Georgia. We see this every year but this year it is getting more attention with closer attention being paid to the Transfer Portal

What did you do to him?

He can be accurate behind a good line but he is not mobile at all. We were at our best last year with a mobile QB running a RPO offense.

With Robinson redshirting last year and another mobile QB (PWO) in this signing class, the writing was on the wall

Dantrieze Scott will be trading in one Tigers uniform for another one this fall.
Scott, the freshman outside linebacker and tight end at LSU, announced his verbal commitment to Grambling State Tuesday via his Facebook page. The former LSU player told the News-Star Thursday he signed with the G-Men two weeks ago, ending his two-month recruiting process after entering the transfer portal back in March during spring practice.

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/s...xwRT0NubXxEEKttvJTzQ5y4zPGALdso-neWCa3mNZnetc

I knew fobbs had tricks up his sleeve. Grumbling lost a lot on the defense side of the ball

The portal has been good to us, we got a couple for this fall and knock on wood no one to my knowledge has left. But who knows a long time between now and fall camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back