NCAA Firings. Hirings and Retirings 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jerry Mack is available after the today 🤣

The issue is you gotta do right by the coaching staff as this was a single decision that impacts 10 - so whomever comes in will have to basically keep the same staff for at least a year which means it'll be internal in my opinion

Do you really trust Tiffany Sykes ?
She hasn't given me a reason to trust her. I don't know if we could have kept him after this season. From my understanding she didn't help that happen. Hopefully they don't put together some 20 person church committee to pick the next coach. Not having a short list of candidates already in place will speak volumes to me.

Jerry Mack is available after the today 🤣

The issue is you gotta do right by the coaching staff as this was a single decision that impacts 10 - so whomever comes in will have to basically keep the same staff for at least a year which means it'll be internal in my opinion
Jerry Mack? Them dummies hadn't paid Dumb Willie all his money. They need to give Dumb Willie his money.

We can’t blame AD,Willie was very clear that he wants to be a head coach at a pw5. Good luck to him and let’s run it again..Go Rattlers!!!!!
Not only is it her fault and this goes further than just cutting a check for W$. I don't know what the future holds for FAMU football. So far we are not better off because of her.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I would guess that most alums would advocate for Billy Rolle or Quin Gray. McNair would probably be an option. None of those options excite me but I can rock with them.

After thinking about it I'm hoping we hire from within or go after Trei Oliver. We are in a unique situation where we've had multiple successful seasons, with the coach leaving to take a job where he doesn't need to pull form the resources of his former job. Our entire staff is still in place. It just makes sense to keep all the pieces in place and move the next man up. If that doesnt work, go after the brightest young HBCU coach that has won a celebration bowl, beaten other FCS level competition, and offer him a significant pay raise to do the same thing at FAMU.

She hasn't given me a reason to trust her. I don't know if we could have kept him after this season. From my understanding she didn't help that happen. Hopefully they don't put together some 20 person church committee to pick the next coach. Not having a short list of candidates already in place will speak volumes to me.

Willie didn't need to get any more cash from FAMU - he's topped out - we gotta know our limits - it might've worked if Gosha was the AD still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back