My next phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant send a SMS picture lol... sms stands for short MESSAGE system... MMS is multimedia message system. Any pic you send is MMS.

Well, unless it automatically switches to it, mine are sent under SMS. I have never used that MMS because I didn't know what it was.

oh and for my Blackberry Tour, I downloaded Opra-mini. I like that web browser better than the one that comes with the blackberry.

A friend of mine told me I should take my battery out at least once a week and my phone will work faster/better when I restart it. You all agree?

I got the Android 2.1 update on my Motorola Droid Tuesday morning and I'm LOVING it! That Live Wallpapers feature is something else. I love the new look of the picture gallery, too. Also, when you take a picture, it records your location now. I took one and it came up with my exact location.{/b] I couldn't believe it.
And Google Goggles...I want to see the iPhone come out with something that could top that!

GPS location? Can you turn that feature off?

What is google goggles?

GPS location? Can you turn that feature off?

What is google goggles?

Yes you can turn it on or off. This is something you don’t need if you want to be a player. :)

Google Goggles is downloadable image recognition application created by Google Inc. It is currently found in the Google Labs as a beta version. Currently, it is used for searches based on pictures taken by handheld devices. For example taking a picture of famous landmark would search for information about it or taking a picture of a product's barcode will search for information on the product.

Yes you can turn it on or off. This is something you don’t need if you want to be a player. :)

Google Goggles is downloadable image recognition application created by Google Inc. It is currently found in the Google Labs as a beta version. Currently, it is used for searches based on pictures taken by handheld devices. For example taking a picture of famous landmark would search for information about it or taking a picture of a product's barcode will search for information on the product.

Ok man. That may sound cool and all but I look at this as if big brother wants to look even further into what the hell we are doing and what time we have been there. The apps that Google are currently developing and releasing are freaky....:lol:

Ok man. That may sound cool and all but I look at this as if big brother wants to look even further into what the hell we are doing and what time we have been there. The apps that Google are currently developing and releasing are freaky....:lol:

Yes this is true, but we can make that same argument about facebook or twitter. I think big brother came when cable TV hit the scene.

Most consumers who have Blackberrys have had 3 or 4 generations of Blackberry's so they arent going anywhere.

...and this is me. D@mn you CJ, but you right lol!

I got that Blackberry Bold 9700; and you caint tell me isht! I've could've gone the android route or some kind of touch screen phone or whatever when I upgraded; but after careful thinking, the blackberry was better for me and the lifestyle I live. My phone purpose is sort of like TP and his phone purpose; emails, texts, talk, internet(mainly checkin' scores, headline news, and weather reports).

Very informative thread :tup: And whats happenin' Unknown, long time bro.

"Snake"

Yes this is true, but we can make that same argument about facebook or twitter. I think big brother came when cable TV hit the scene.

But with twitter and FB I choose to determine what I post and when. I don't like the stamping of my pics with the GPS coordinates. Hell I don't like date stamping of pictures, much less giving exact gps location?? TMI!

But with twitter and FB I choose to determine what I post and when. I don't like the stamping of my pics with the GPS coordinates. Hell I don't like date stamping of pictures, much less giving exact gps location?? TMI!

You make a good point however; with Google Latitude you have the choice if you want to activate these features, make your information public or put your picture out there for the world to see. In fact they will ask you two or three times. Also, both parties have to agree to the information sharing through e-mail. I activated this for me to keep up with my teenage son when he is in my car or if my phone gets stolen. But with all technology, it can be a double edge sword. It can help or hurt. I have not use Google Goggles yet but Google latitude is not the most accurate thing in the world. I will give it about 80%. One time I was sitting at home and it had my location two streets over. I called my wife to the computer because the location was where an ex-girlfriend lived. Another time it said I was 17 miles away and my wife said I was driving up on the driveway. Let me add this, if you are somewhere where there is no signal it is not going to work unless you are at a free Wi-Fi hotspot. And if your phone is off it is not going to be able to give your location.

DaHill...if you're still checking this post...have ya'll had any hands on time with the HTC Incredible yet? I'm thinking about moving back to Verizon when this launches but dates are all speculation except for a confirmation that Best Buy will start selling it on April 29th. There was a leaked screenshot showing it in inventory in Verizon's warehouses. Just wondering if they are movin on the thing internally yet.

DaHill...if you're still checking this post...have ya'll had any hands on time with the HTC Incredible yet? I'm thinking about moving back to Verizon when this launches but dates are all speculation except for a confirmation that Best Buy will start selling it on April 29th. There was a leaked screenshot showing it in inventory in Verizon's warehouses. Just wondering if they are movin on the thing internally yet.

I can only read the same thing you can...ive been reading about it on phonescoop..... honestly we dont know NOTHING until everybody else does. Phonescoop gets info WAYYY before we do. The next "new" phone I just read about today through internal email is the Microsoft KIN....

Thanks...bout to call and find out if the preorders are shipping on order date or on the instore launch date.

I'm a phone geek and when I saw the new about the HTC Incredible, I quickly went into "ways I can get my hands on one mode." Lol I thought about adding a line, getting the Incredible, and then switching my Motorola Droid over to the new line and vice versa with the Incredible.
Then again, if the phone is only going to be $299 for people that aren't eligible for an upgrade yet, I'll just buy it outright and sell my Motorola Droid on EBay.
Dahill, can you confirm the $300 price if you aren't eligible for an upgrade?

I'm a phone geek and when I saw the new about the HTC Incredible, I quickly went into "ways I can get my hands on one mode." Lol I thought about adding a line, getting the Incredible, and then switching my Motorola Droid over to the new line and vice versa with the Incredible.
Then again, if the phone is only going to be $299 for people that aren't eligible for an upgrade yet, I'll just buy it outright and sell my Motorola Droid on EBay.

I seriously doubt the full retail price will be $299... the price wasnt available yet as of yesterday but I will let u know tommorow, but that number dont sound right. Even phones like the old Razr have a full retail price higher than that lol.

Unknown1, is your tethering unlimited? if so, on who's network?

Its unlimited on sprint... well not TECHNICALLY.. you're really supposed to pay extra for tethering on pretty much all carriers I think. But really its as simple as downloading an app that'll let you do it for free without them knowing. But if you're doing something crazy like downloading 10 gigs of data or something they will know lol

If I had Verizon that would probably be my next phone... I LOVE htc's. I tried out the HTC HD2 for a few days just to get a feel for how im gonna like the Evo. The phone is fast as hell but I just dont even look at winmo the same after being on Android 2.1. I returned it the next day but the pics and video on it are something else.

CJ, have you found out anything about the price of the HTC Incredible yet? I'm really thinking about getting it.

Thats why I always hang on to my phone and switch out often... so when somethin new drops I just sell it and buy something new. Good thing is im up for my upgrade on 6/2...

Thats why I always hang on to my phone and switch out often... so when somethin new drops I just sell it and buy something new. Good thing is im up for my upgrade on 6/2...

Since I got my phone through Wirefly, I can't do anything until June 25th. I can wait a few more months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back