My next phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackberries bore me... really nothing I can do with those.

I have NO IDEA what ya'll want to do with phones. I was just excited to get a recent update that allowed me to get threaded text messages. :lol: As long as I can text, call and get on the internet (with a fast connection) from time to time when I NEED to, I'm good. I use it for facebook too but I don't do facebook everyday.

Half of the stuff you all talk about is a foreign language to me. I actually only left the Centro and went to the Tour because I wanted a better internet connection and I didn't want a touch screen.

You all seem to have "experiences" with your phones that I can only imagine. :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TP I do a lot with my phone lol... one of the biggest things is internet tethering.. using my phone as a modem. I also use slingbox (watch cable tv on my phone).. comes in handy as hell at times like this when work is slow and im just passing time. I like to be able to use my phone as a wifi hotspot...I do twitter, facebook, flicker, photoshop and photobucket...google maps (live turn by turn navigation for free), call & sms blocker, barcode scanner... lets u scan barcodes and find better prices near u or find apps/games/music, google translate (translate in voice from english to whatever language, pandora radio, last fm... I have nba league pass which lets you watch live nba games, mp3 download, trapster(lets you know where the police speed traps are, traffic cams etc), shazam, sportstap (live sports score updates)... and thats not even the half of it.. plus a ton of games.

TP I do a lot with my phone lol... one of the biggest things is internet tethering.. using my phone as a modem. I also use slingbox (watch cable tv on my phone).. comes in handy as hell at times like this when work is slow and im just passing time. I like to be able to use my phone as a wifi hotspot...I do twitter, facebook, flicker, photoshop and photobucket...google maps (live turn by turn navigation for free), call & sms blocker, barcode scanner... lets u scan barcodes and find better prices near u or find apps/games/music, google translate (translate in voice from english to whatever language, pandora radio, last fm... I have nba league pass which lets you watch live nba games, mp3 download, trapster(lets you know where the police speed traps are, traffic cams etc), shazam, sportstap (live sports score updates)... and thats not even the half of it.. plus a ton of games.
DIZZAM....:eek: You're about to make me change my mind on getting the blackberry. I'm upgrading next month, and I'm with Sprint too.

Blackberries bore me... really nothing I can do with those.

blackberry's are for business... not for play.... iphone, android devices are your more "fun" phones... blackberry's are business phones known for push email and enterprise email...

blackberry's are for business... not for play.... iphone, android devices are your more "fun" phones... blackberry's are business phones known for push email and enterprise email...

So, you saying I cant watch TV on a Blackberry?

basically any android phone can do all of this... the only thing I see on here that I cant do is the wifi hotspot... and I have a device that I use for that...If you purchase a slingbox you can get it basically on any phone.

The thing with all these features is that a TYPICAL customer dont use half of this stuff. They just want whatever is considered the "coolest" phone. EVERY day I have to deal with a 80 year old who purchased a Droid because "it looked cool on the commercial".... pisses me the hell off. THEY NEED A DAMN RAZR. They want to ask you 100 questions about what the phone can do and dont want to read the manual.

So, what phone do I need to get with AT&T that can do half the things Unknown is talking about? But it has to be 3G.

So, you saying I cant watch TV on a Blackberry?

with a slingbox you can watch tv on a blackberry. You hook it up to your cable at home... download a program to your phone/or any laptop.. and you can watch whatever cable you have at your house on your phone or laptop no matter where you are at. You can buy a slingbox for about 150 dollars at Best Buy.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Tc98Yu06Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Tc98Yu06Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

with a slingbox you can watch tv on a blackberry. You hook it up to your cable at home... download a program to your phone/or any laptop.. and you can watch whatever cable you have at your house on your phone or laptop no matter where you are at. You can buy a slingbox for about 150 dollars at Best Buy.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Tc98Yu06Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Tc98Yu06Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cool! That's what I thought, cause I was going to get it with my Palm Treo 680. So, I guess I'm still getting the Blackberry Bold 9700

Blackberry's time in the consumer market is just about done. I think people got excited about them because they were often their first smartphone. Now with Google and Apple gunning for each other BlackBerry looks dull to a consumer. Its still going to reign as a business phone for a while. The form factor is just flat out better for it IMO and Apple will never do a QWERTY like that and I doubt you'll see to many Androids like that either.

I also agree that probably 90% of people with and iPhone or Android don't use half of the features. My phone has become my handheld laptop.

Dahill....are there any Android devices about to drop on Verizon. The wife today said fug it lets go back. I didn't want to get a Droid and then have one of the new HTC's drop right after.

Blackberry's time in the consumer market is just about done. I think people got excited about them because they were often their first smartphone. Now with Google and Apple gunning for each other BlackBerry looks dull to a consumer. Its still going to reign as a business phone for a while. The form factor is just flat out better for it IMO and Apple will never do a QWERTY like that and I doubt you'll see to many Androids like that either.

I also agree that probably 90% of people with and iPhone or Android don't use half of the features. My phone has become my handheld laptop.

Dahill....are there any Android devices about to drop on Verizon. The wife today said fug it lets go back. I didn't want to get a Droid and then have one of the new HTC's drop right after.

The Nexus one will be the next one.. sometimes in April... we just dropped the Devour Android device about 2 weeks ago (actually havent heard from anyone with it, so must not be selling well),, anything after the Nexus One, you would know before me.... they REALLY keep things under lock when it comes to phones being released... customers know things before we do. I do know the Iphone is about a 95% go for the 3rd quarter.

as far as Blackberry's.... I seriously doubt you will see a drop off.... I would say that 40% of our consumer base has a Blackberry.... People simply dont use phones the way me, you and unknown use phones... Most of the stuff unknown was talking about, customers dont know what the hell it is...so they arent really missing anything. There arent just that many people who are DEEP into cell phones like we think. Older people just want their email... they know Blackberrys deliver their email and its a trusted name, so they are satisfied. Most consumers who have Blackberrys have had 3 or 4 generations of Blackberry's so they arent going anywhere.

Last edited:
as far as Blackberry's.... I seriously doubt you will see a drop off.... I would say that 40% of our consumer base has a Blackberry.... People simply dont use phones the way me, you and unknown use phones... Most of the stuff unknown was talking about, customers dont know what the hell it is...so they arent really missing anything. There arent just that many people who are DEEP into cell phones like we think. Older people just want their email... they know Blackberrys deliver their email and its a trusted name, so they are satisfied. Most consumers who have Blackberrys have had 3 or 4 generations of Blackberry's so they arent going anywhere.
That's me.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I don't know what the fugg you are talkin about :lol: but I will print this post and learn all of it. No sense in having a device and not knowing how to use it. I got this revelation in church too. I realized one day, I was paying to help keep the lights on in that mofo so now, everytime I know the doors are open, I'm all up in there. :D

I forgot to mention that I used my sprint navigation. I really don't use my e-mail on my phone. It's there if I need it but I really don't use it. The things that were important to me was having navigation and faster internet with a screen capable of showing everything. I have something on my phone called MMS.. I don't even know what that is. I don't even take pics on my phone. That's what a camera is for. :lol: I don't play music on my phone either. I have never even had an ipod. :(

I get push email on my android... had it on my windows phone too. Its pretty easy to do as long as you have active sync or know how to setup an exchange server. Aside from that though I really cant do anything with it. And business wise really I could do way more on my TP2 than I could on a blackberry... since wm phones have microsoft office and I could create spreadsheets. Oh and remote desktop I could basically use my work pc from anywhere with a remote connection. I just dont like blackberries.

basically any android phone can do all of this... the only thing I see on here that I cant do is the wifi hotspot... and I have a device that I use for that...If you purchase a slingbox you can get it basically on any phone.

The thing with all these features is that a TYPICAL customer dont use half of this stuff. They just want whatever is considered the "coolest" phone. EVERY day I have to deal with a 80 year old who purchased a Droid because "it looked cool on the commercial".... pisses me the hell off. THEY NEED A DAMN RAZR. They want to ask you 100 questions about what the phone can do and dont want to read the manual.

Any android cant get 4G though ;)

The Nexus one will be the next one.. sometimes in April... we just dropped the Devour Android device about 2 weeks ago (actually havent heard from anyone with it, so must not be selling well),, anything after the Nexus One, you would know before me.... they REALLY keep things under lock when it comes to phones being released... customers know things before we do. I do know the Iphone is about a 95% go for the 3rd quarter.

I think they pushed the CDMA iphone back until 2011 if im not mistaken.. supposedly Sprint is supposed to get a version of it too. I definitely wont be getting one but I know once the cdma version comes out the iphone will probably overtake the blackberry in marketshare. To have the sales with it that they had on one carrier is pretty unheard of. BUT... all the current sales charts predict so far that Android will be the #2 OS in the US behind BB by the end of the year or early next year.

Im bored as hell with my phone though... I rarely ever even keep a phone for even the whole year before I upgrade. I think Verizon is supposed to get the HTC Incredible too. Samsung has a phone dropping soon called the Galaxy S that looks pretty tempting to me but I havent heard any carriers for it.. but its GSM so that pretty much rules me out because im about fed up with this sorry t-mobile coverage.

I have something on my phone called MMS.. I don't even know what that is. I don't even take pics on my phone. That's what a camera is for. :lol: I don't play music on my phone either. I have never even had an ipod. :(

MMS is pic messages man lol

Is that why it takes forever when I try to send a SMS pic to someone? It eventually sends but it locks my phone up. :lol:

you cant send a SMS picture lol... sms stands for short MESSAGE system... MMS is multimedia message system. Any pic you send is MMS.

I got the Android 2.1 update on my Motorola Droid Tuesday morning and I'm LOVING it! That Live Wallpapers feature is something else. I love the new look of the picture gallery, too. Also, when you take a picture, it records your location now. I took one and it came up with my exact location. I couldn't believe it.
And Google Goggles...I want to see the iPhone come out with something that could top that!

I got the Android 2.1 update on my Motorola Droid Tuesday morning and I'm LOVING it! That Live Wallpapers feature is something else. I love the new look of the picture gallery, too. Also, when you take a picture, it records your location now. I took one and it came up with my exact location. I couldn't believe it.
And Google Goggles...mind blowing! I see it didn't take long for iPhone folks to copy it with the oMoby app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back