Most marketable, profitable match up for the SWAC Championship Football Game?

Most marketable, profitable match

• Alabama A&M vs Grambling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama A&M vs Southern

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Alabama State vs Grambling

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Alabama State vs Southern

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Alcorn vs Grambling

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Alcorn vs. Southern

Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by mighty hornet
no smack, but where was Alcorn's crowd Saturday. Attendance reported at 6,000 or is that a misprint?

That probably was right. However, the A&M game has never drawn a lot of fans. It's the week before the Capital City Classic. Before we started playing A&M, the week before the CCC was our open week.
Alot of fans still take that week off to get ready for the CCC. My folks were at the A&M game and they were taking it easy before the CCC. We fried fish instead of doing barbecue. But this weekend, it'll be back to normal.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
Well in normal years (you know when our team actually does something...lol) the ideal matchup for a SCG will always be SU vs. JSU...period.
:smh::smh:

sad but expected.

Those two teams met in the SCG, with the bands to add to the attendance. And we saw the result, so you really ought to stop saying that stuff about that always being the ideal matchup cause it really doesnt stand up to reason.
:tdown:

umm TP,
I was ONLY going off what you had just posted about Alcorn's fans will show up for a home game when they're playing well. Playing the East leader at the time (A&M), with a shot themselves at the SCG, attendance was 6,000.

Mighty Hornet,

To be honest, most Alcorn fans expected them to lose to AAMU. The SU game was considered a fluke and thy had only beat Se La and Valley since then. Had Alcorn fans thought they had a chance, you would have seen close to 20K on the yard. Can Alcorn fans be fickle like everyone else?? I never said they were above that. They are going to be out in droves Saturday and some years you can't pay them to come to Jackson. If you guys lose, I will beside Hughes rooting for the "other" team.

I want to go to Bham with a purple and gold shaker in one hand and a blue and white one in the other.

ummm TP,
stop trying to change what you said. And whats the point about saying how many Alcorn fans will show up in Jackson this wknd. Just about everybody's fans will show up for the main rival, regardless of records.

And why would you show up in Bham with a blue and white shaker from a 2-10 team? :smh:

No smack but there's one obvious theme here as a result of the poll so far, no one wants to see Gram in it :emlaugh:

ummm TP,
stop trying to change what you said. And whats the point about saying how many Alcorn fans will show up in Jackson this wknd. Just about everybody's fans will show up for the main rival, regardless of records.

And why would you show up in Bham with a blue and white shaker from a 2-10 team? :smh:

You are such a lost cause.

:lol:
Yeah, I figured you couldn't come up with any kind of reasonable explanation for that one.

I can't even understand why you got so much to say on a SCG topic anyway.
LOL!!

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC
So when su doesn't make it then Bama St. fans won't show up?

Read my post again please.

I said especially if we're playing Southern. We'll have our 25,000 regardless. I just think we may get a few more people coming to see us play Southern because we played Grambling in the SCG last time.

Originally posted by Deuce
Read my post again please.

I said especially if we're playing Southern. We'll have our 25,000 regardless. I just think we may get a few more people coming to see us play Southern because we played Grambling in the SCG last time.

Boy this is weak!!!! You lost that game to Grambling. You actually lost maybe 4 out of the last 5 times Bama has played Grambling. It is not like you beat them over and over again and playing them has lost all excitement. You are playing for a championship. I get it :lmao: they don't want to see Bama lose again to Grambling...I totally understand.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS IN THE SCG. [PEOPLE HAVE TO SUPPORT THE SWAC NO MATTER WHAT TEAM IS PLAYING.EVERYONE KNOWS GRAM IS ONLY STARTING TO TRAVEL WELL .EVERYONE WILL NOT GO TO THE GAME NO MATTER WHO IS PLAYING . THAT'S WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO SUPPORT THE SWAC NO MATTER WHAT OR WHO TEAM DOES NOT MAKE IT.ALL THIS ASU VS SU OR GRAM VS AAMU. THE BEST TEAMS WILL MAKE IT TO THE SCG POINT BLANK. JUST SUPPORT THE SWAC NO MATTERS WHO GOES AND EVERYTHING WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF WITH ATTENDANCE.

ummm TP,

MH, when they say we have some fickle fans, we really do!! If the team is doing bad enough, not even the CCC can bring Alcorn fans to a game. I think the CCC had about a 10,000 attendance the year that Alcorn went 0-11.
Watch the attendance numbers for this year's classic.

While SU vs. Bama State would be the easy answer, who would want to see that ..... there's no drama there.

Southern drubbed them 35-10 and only Bama State fans would have "reason" to go (for their team to prove that they are better than they showed.)

SU vs. Alcorn would do it for me.

Reasons:
(One) Alcorn is relatively close to B-Ham and Southern would travel their of course.

(Two) The marketing of this game would be huge. The giant killers (Alcorn) against the "Giants" (Southern). Can Alcorn prove that it wasn't a fluke or will Southern show what really should have happened?

(Three) As TP said above, other SWAC fans would be interested in this one too. JSU fans (some, not all) would support Da' Corn and a few Gramblingnites might come out behind SU. 35,000 to 40,000 people easy.

No other matchup you can come up with would have this type of draw.

Originally posted by bluedog
No smack but there's one obvious theme here as a result of the poll so far, no one wants to see Gram in it :emlaugh:

...for obvious reasons: GRAMBLINGHAM has become a "reality" instead of a one-year-phrase>>>(R-2-D-2) :lmao:

Originally posted by G-QUE
...for obvious reasons: GRAMBLINGHAM has become a "reality" instead of a one-year-phrase>>>(R-2-D-2) :lmao:

I hear ya bruh, so i guess those 4 SWAC titles were all gotten in one year.

Jag 79,
How myopic can you be??

to say that ONLY Bama State fans would be interested in seeing "our team prove we're better" than the first game against Southern and then turn right around and say the whole world would be interested in seeing Alcorn prove it wasn't a fluke when they came to your house and beat you, so Southern "can prove" blah blah blah

If you wanna play Alcorn because you want a chance for revenge, just say that and leave all that over hogwash alone.

No way, no how would Alcorn have more fans there than Bama State.

can't believe you even went so far as to say Gram fans would show up to see you play Alcorn.

damn! :smh:

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
MH, when they say we have some fickle fans, we really do!! If the team is doing bad enough, not even the CCC can bring Alcorn fans to a game. I think the CCC had about a 10,000 attendance the year that Alcorn went 0-11.
Watch the attendance numbers for this year's classic.
Anybody and everybody can show up when the team is doing well, so any numbers you put up this week won't overly impress me.

but that 10K figure is sad. I don't care what your record was.

Jag 79,
How myopic can you be??

to say that ONLY Bama State fans would be interested in seeing "our team prove we're better" than the first game against Southern and then turn right around and say the whole world would be interested in seeing Alcorn prove it wasn't a fluke when they came to your house and beat you, so Southern "can prove" blah blah blah

If you wanna play Alcorn because you want a chance for revenge, just say that and leave all that over hogwash alone.

No way, no how would Alcorn have more fans there than Bama State.

can't believe you even went so far as to say Gram fans would show up to see you play Alcorn.

damn! :smh:

This is true and funny.:cool:

Back