Most marketable, profitable match up for the SWAC Championship Football Game?

Most marketable, profitable match

• Alabama A&M vs Grambling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama A&M vs Southern

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Alabama State vs Grambling

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Alabama State vs Southern

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Alcorn vs Grambling

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Alcorn vs. Southern

Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Obviously, the first two people to respond to this thread havent been to SCGs before. :(

The most profitable and highest attendance would be Alabama State vs Southern

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Obviously, the first two people to respond to this thread havent been to SCGs before. :(

The most profitable and highest attendance would be Alabama State vs Southern

You beat me to it!!!:D

I would have to say an Alabama State vs. Southern match up will sell the most tickets. An Alcorn vs. Grambling match up would be a disaster in term of ticket sales; both schools have no fan support on the road.

Originally posted by BlueandWhiteTiger
I would have to say an Alabama State vs. Southern match up will sell the most tickets. An Alcorn vs. Grambling match up would be a disaster in term of ticket sales; both schools have no fan support on the road.

You must not know how many people would go to Birmingham if Alcorn won the SWAC East. Alcorn does have some very fickle fans but if we go to the SCG, I think that you will be surprised to see how many Alcorn fans will show up.

Alabama State vs. Southern, Southern fans will travel and since Birmingham is only about a 1 hour 1/2 from Montgomery, it would be a home game for Alabama State.

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
You must not know how many people would go to Birmingham if Alcorn won the SWAC East. Alcorn does have some very fickle fans but if we go to the SCG, I think that you will be surprised to see how many Alcorn fans will show up.

I agree. You all forget that Alcorn does well in home attendance when their team is doing good. If they made it to Bham, you would see a lot of purple and gold. Also, SU vs Alcorn is a core SWAC game so a it would draw a lot of neutral interest. Jackson State fans would also go to support Alcorn. We would not go as readily to support the BAMA's.

In a normal year ASU vs SU would sell the most. But since this is not a normal year for us A&M vs SU would probally sell more tickets.

Why would either one of the Bama's schools be a good draw? They have been in the SCG the last 3 years. Let's discuss good match ups/ good football everything else will work it self out.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Tigerpride
You all forget that Alcorn does well in home attendance when their team is doing good.
no smack, but where was Alcorn's crowd Saturday. Attendance reported at 6,000 or is that a misprint?

Bama State doesn't need Jackson State's "fan" support in the SCG.

Thank you very much.

Well in normal years (you know when our team actually does something...lol) the ideal matchup for a SCG will always be SU vs. JSU...period.

This year I think it would be best if it were either
SU vs. Alabama State or
SU vs. Alcorn State

I think alot of folks underestimate the Braves and wether or not the travel....Alcorn fans we show up in B-Ham in huge numbers. It will be their first trip to the SCG....the Braves actually have pretty good fans...they jsut haven't been following in recent years because...well ya know.....but this year i think you would see a resergance of Braves show up in B-Ham. ...I know they will be in Jackson DEEP this weekend.

Then there's Bama State...it's so close...it should be nothing to bring atleast 20,000 if your school is that close.....and on the marketing side ASU would probably be better since they will have more appeal than Alcorn in the Birmingham area i'm sure. Bama State would probably pull alot of locals.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
Then there's Bama State...it's so close...it should be nothing to bring atleast 20,000 if your school is that close.....and on the marketing side ASU would probably be better since they will have more appeal than Alcorn in the Birmingham area i'm sure. Bama State would probably pull alot of locals.

Bama State WILL bring a minimum of 25,000 to the SCG this year, especially if we're playing Southern.

Back