Most marketable, profitable match up for the SWAC Championship Football Game?

Most marketable, profitable match

• Alabama A&M vs Grambling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama A&M vs Southern

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Alabama State vs Grambling

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Alabama State vs Southern

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Alcorn vs Grambling

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Alcorn vs. Southern

Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by mighty hornet
:snicker:

think about it.

After all the big talk you've done about how you attract so many neutral fans, how folks wanna see your bands, how you have so many fans of your own, how blah blah blah

All of that, with a championship riding on the line, so please explain the attendance

surely, you can come up with something!

:lol::lol:

I think the attendance was great for SCG I. I don't think I have to come up with anything. I just beg to differ on you saying that the attendance was due to the bands. JSU fans love the boom but we are football fans FIRST.... and I still contend that 80% of the band people came to see JSU and SU.....not AlaState and AAMU. Maybe they came to see Valley, Tx So, and Pine Bluff???:confused:

TP,
Guess I'll have to break it down for you, since you wanna play dumb. (Alum says you're not playing though)

You get on here all the time and brag about what a big draw you are, how you have so many "neutral fans" interested in you, how certain teams can draw and others can't. The way you blow up JSU and SU and their drawing power and the drawing power of their bands, 47K would fall way short according to what you say. Again, in a championship setting too.

It's either one or two things, that you'll have to admit. You're not as bigtime as you make it seem or there are schools out there who can draw a crowd for this game, better than you did. :snicker:

The attendance at other SCG bear me out. Keep in mind, that there were no band competitions either. (And PLEASE stop acting as if that didn't draw any fans to the first one and stop acting as if everybody was just there to see SU and JSU)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dude I can only give you my opinon....I mean if they held a battle of the bands in Memphis and they said that JC Smith, Clark, Tuskegee, UAPB, TNState and FAMU would be there. I would find it hard for someone to argue that people would come to see anyone other than TNState and FAMU. The BOOM and the BOX are the bands in the SWAC that people want to see so while the other bands may have attracted some fans, it was not as many as would JSU and SU. This is only my opinion.

We are simply making two different argument....sure the BAMA folk are gonna come out to see AlaState but people from out of state could care less about Alabama State....and esp...AAMU.

TP,
Do you realize you're arguing more and more against your own point, right?

let's see, since soooooooo many folks were only there to see JSU and SU's bands, then even less of the 47K were actually your own fans.
In your opinion, would you say 10-15K were "neutral fans" there to see SU and JSU bands alone? Let me add another 5K who were there to see the other bands (LOL)

damn, that leaves only 27-32K fans from JSU and SU and divide that by 2 and that doesn't seem soooo bigtime after all, does it?

:snicker:

First of all you are making up number but regardless the 15K that you pulled somewhere from out of your arse still would have came to see JSU and SU. So according to your math 47-5K - 42K

Also, you have to understand that this is not a planned trip and even neutral fans have to be ready to pick up and roll out.

But please, can I just have MY opinion???

Originally posted by Tigerpride
But please, can I just have MY opinion???
Yup you can have your opinion,
I figured you would leave it alone when you started seeing how ridiculous it was.

And as my parting shot, let me offer up that the attendance at SCG 3 was 38K!!!!!

think about that!!

:lmao: :lmao:

oh well, thanks for joining in on this discussion about SCG!
:D

Originally posted by Tigerpride

We are simply making two different argument....sure the BAMA folk are gonna come out to see AlaState but people from out of state could care less about Alabama State....and esp...AAMU.

Once an IDIOT...and still an IDIOT!

Back