Monte Coleman receives 2 year extension from UAPB

The struggle is really real.

IMG_5229565165318_zpsziui7w05.jpeg

Not surprised since it's mid-January and they haven't fired him yet. Po @96lioness lol

Welp!

At the end of 2012, Coach Coleman was given a 3-year contract, with the option of a 2-year extension. My beloved UAPB has opted to go with the 2-year extension because it's been stated (AD Lonza Hardy) that we cannot afford to pay more $$$ for another head coach. Also, I think we're trying to ride off Coleman's recent induction into the Washington (Redskins) HOF. So, me & the rest of the GLF are in for a tremendously looooong 2 seasons!:(

While I would like to see my UAPB put up some $$$ for a more competitive coaching staff, I am happy that money is being & has been allocated toward higher priorities ( student enrollment increase, return of our Nursing & radio broadcast programs, new facilities & up gradation of current facilities, up gradation of technology, etc). Maybe one day we'll also put a better effort toward up gradation of our football coaching staff. Until then, it is what it is.

Good. I don't like to see anyone fired. Unless they're names are Bell, Old ass Jackson, Woody, Chang, Worm, etc...

Welp!

At the end of 2012, Coach Coleman was given a 3-year contract, with the option of a 2-year extension. My beloved UAPB has opted to go with the 2-year extension because it's been stated (AD Lonza Hardy) that we cannot afford to pay more $$$ for another head coach. Also, I think we're trying to ride off Coleman's recent induction into the Washington (Redskins) HOF. So, me & the rest of the GLF are in for a tremendously looooong 2 seasons!:(

While I would like to see my UAPB put up some $$$ for a more competitive coaching staff, I am happy that money is being & has been allocated toward higher priorities ( student enrollment increase, return of our Nursing & radio broadcast programs, new facilities & up gradation of current facilities, up gradation of technology, etc). Maybe one day we'll also put a better effort toward up gradation of our football coaching staff. Until then, it is what it is.

How much does Monte make anyway?

This is unbelievable. It's obvious that PB has no interest in a winning football program.
Coleman's Redskins hall of fame entrance should have nothing to do with him keeping his job if he's not improving the program.
This decision is truly a disservice to PB sports, being that football funds are normally used to help support other sports programs.
Win more games, THAT'S when people will start giving, but when you're constantly losing, it's hard to raise funds.
Under Coleman, PB's been a perennial loser over the last four years.

Last edited:
APR hell and NCAA violations plus financial issues. Monty Coleman is really doing PB a favor.
How is that when the violations occurred under Coleman's watch? Seems to me that it's PB whose doing Coleman a huge and undeserved favor.

Welp!

It's ok Lioness, you will NEVER endure the PV road of 0-80, it was such a looooong stretch that some people get pissed off if we win a game now smh
hang in there

At least UAPB is being smart. Why fire and hire when you don't have the resources? Look at at what Valley did to their last coach and now Comegy is doing no better. It's about infrastructure and money. You can't win without money. We did the same at JSU. Had we given Comegy the resources we gave OMJ or Hughes II, he might have won 5-10 more games.

At least UAPB is being smart. Why fire and hire when you don't have the resources? Look at at what Valley did to their last coach and now Comegy is doing no better. It's about infrastructure and money. You can't win without money. We did the same at JSU. Had we given Comegy the resources we gave OMJ or Hughes II, he might have won 5-10 more games.

Oh look. Non-sports guy mentioning Valley again. Who surprised

It's my thread but I won't derail it because of someone (from JSU of all places) without any sports knowledge making asinine comments about infrastructure. The high road is a lonely place

Oh look. Non-sports guy mentioning Valley again. Who surprised

It's my thread but I won't derail it because of someone (from JSU of all places) without any sports knowledge making asinine comments about infrastructure. The high road is a lonely place

Is he wrong though? Infrastructure matters. There's a reason Comegy has struggled at Valley after having some success at JSU. He's doing even worse than the previous coach. Surely Comegy didn't forget what he knew when he crossed over to Itta Bena.

Is he wrong though? Infrastructure matters. There's a reason Comegy has struggled at Valley after having some success at JSU. He's doing even worse than the previous coach. Surely Comegy didn't forget what he knew when he crossed over to Itta Bena.
Comegy can't do what he did at JSU at valley. If he could coach that would be a different thing but he relies on transfers and that just ain't happening at valley.

Honestly Coleman not bad as it seems. He just should have not hired his friend jones as OC. That buddy shit will kill yo azz versus just going get a qualified candidate . Under jones tenure he didn't stress offense at A&M so hell you know that was a friendship move.

Nothing against Coach Comegy but you have to be willing and able to do more with less to win at Valley. Going from the resources at your disposal and the location of JSU to the resources and location of Valley was a big adjustment. Not sure if he is going to be able to make that adjustment. There is a lot of great people at Valley. But the lack of money and resources has been discussed ad nauseam. However you have got to hire and recruit people who WANT to be there to have a chance.

Back