Men allege sexual coercion by Pastor Eddie Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
What scripture is this? Lets not blasphemize and add anything to the good book. Word for word. Where is it? :tup: I'm not CofC but I certainly agree w/ their philosophy: add nothing and take away NOTHING. :tup:

The bible is inherently open to interpretation. The Church of Christ I was a part of didn't change anything but they chose scriptures they wanted to focus on. We were not alive when the bible was written so with translation and modern perception...we don't really know wht them people be talkin 'bout! (thanks Waka)

I can't believe yall surprised. Man look, we live in a sick azz world. Folks doing any and every thang now. Shyt, to be honest don't be surprise if any of your family members and friends doing this mess behind closed doors.

Ummm CEE, I hate to break it to you but ALL of us have CLOSE family members and friends doing things behind closed doors. We don't REALLY know anyone.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Good morning ya'll.... :)
OK, I'm sitting here at working killing some time and I decided to check CNN to find out why Long didn't keep his interview with Tom Joyner this morning. As I'm reading the site I see a few things that don't really sound (look) right. The attorny was speaking on Tom's show this morning on Long's behalf & this is what he stated: "Gillen said he is to blame for Long's failure to appear on the radio show as scheduled. Asked about a Thursday press conference that was also canceled, Gillen said he thought the matter was a misunderstanding, as he had never committed to a press conference." The part that I have in red bold just doesn't make sense to me. How can TWO lawsuits filed in the Dekalb County Courts that have been made public record be a misunderstanding? Then you have a THIRD "victim come forth with the same allegations pretty much! :shame:
Anyway as I'm reading further on in the news story I see something else that the third "victim" put into his lawsuit: "It says Parris left the church in late 2009, "disillusioned, confused and angry about his relationship with Defendant Long." The bishop manipulated and deceived Parris into thinking that the acts were a "healthy component of his spiritual life," the suit states." Oooookay...now if these guys were all 16yrs of age and continued to progress in age as these "relationships" went on over the years ALL they azz's knew that they were engaging in homosexual activities...there are no if's and's or but's about it! I am not proclaiming to be a bible scholor or holier than thou by any means, but I do know that the bible that I read & have been taught from does not state anywhere in the pages that homosexual acts are of God. So if these guys went to church, stuidied the word, paid attention to what was being taugh in church and thier parent(s) were instilling the right morals and values in them then they wouldn't be in this mess now. I see it being 1 or 3 things with all this: 1)they are money hungry, 2)really are gay and wanted all the perks and fame of being a lover of someone with the statue such as Long & got busted and needed/wanted to put the blame on because they don't want to take responsibility for thier own actions, 3) (and I'm just giving the benifit of doubt with this....were innocent victims who fell for the okki doke.

Anyway you look at this it's a big mess! I know New Birth will have overflow for the overflow this Sunday because everyone & their uncle will be there to hear what Long has to say. I think he will just address the issue in a small quick statement (written by someone else), take up the offering & give the benediction. Everyone will be back home in time to see ALL the games on Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/23/georgia.pastor.allegations/index.html

Last edited:
OK, I'm sitting here at working killing some time and I decided to check CNN to find out why Long didn't keep his interview with Tom Joyner this morning. As I'm reading the site I see a few things that don't really sound (look) right. The attorny was speaking on Tom's show this morning on Long's behalf & this is what he stated: "Gillen said he is to blame for Long's failure to appear on the radio show as scheduled. Asked about a Thursday press conference that was also canceled, Gillen said he thought the matter was a misunderstanding, as he had never committed to a press conference." The part that I have in red bold just doesn't make sense to me. How can TWO lawsuits filed in the Dekalb County Courts that have been made public record be a misunderstanding? Then you have a THIRD "victim come forth with the same allegations pretty much! :shame:
Anyway as I'm reading further on in the news story I see something else that the third "victim" put into his lawsuit: "It says Parris left the church in late 2009, "disillusioned, confused and angry about his relationship with Defendant Long." The bishop manipulated and deceived Parris into thinking that the acts were a "healthy component of his spiritual life," the suit states." Oooookay...now if these guys were all 16yrs of age and continued to progress in age as these "relationships" went on over the years ALL they azz's knew that they were engaging in homosexual activities...there are no if's and's or but's about it! I am not proclaiming to be a bible scholor or holier than thou by any means, but I do know that the bible that I read & have been taught from does not state anywhere in the pages that homosexual acts are of God. So if these guys went to church, stuidied the word, paid attention to what was being taugh in church and thier parent(s) were instilling the right morals and values in them then they wouldn't be in this mess now. I see it being 1 or 3 things with all this: 1)they are money hungry, 2)really are gay and wanted all the perks and fame of being a lover of someone with the statue such as Long & got busted and needed/wanted to put the blame on because they don't want to take responsibility for thier own actions, 3) (and I'm just giving the benifit of doubt with this....were innocent victims who fell for the okki doke.

Anyway you look at this it's a big mess! I know New Birth will have overflow for the overflow this Sunday because everyone & their uncle will be there to hear what Long has to say. I think he will just address the issue in a small quick statement (written by someone else), take up the offering & give the benediction. Everyone will be back home in time to see ALL the games on Sunday.

You know what O...

I would say the Majority of MOST congregations are weak minded and always have to ask their church leader "what this scripture mean"... "How do YOU interpret this"....

Even if their God given mind interprets it one way "the GOD given common sense way" and their LEADER tell them something that may have a spin, most people are easily manipulated by these "LEADERS"...

16 years old.. we all look at it like ..."Yeah they know what they are doing"... and most strong minded people DO know wth they are doing..

But if GROWN folk are vulnerable to the manipulations of these leaders we have to know these weak minded 16 year olds are easily misguided as well...
Church is a powerful tool to control people...

Just look at the extreme Muslims who kill and commit suicide bombing because they believe there are 17 virgins in heaven waiting for them.....

I see a lot of these lil dudes in the choirs and church bands that look suspect and act suspect that all seem like they grew up spending ALL there time in church... because they are there damn near every day of the week.. and know the bible VERY well.. all the church songs VERY WELL....
So the question becomes how could kids that know the word so good and practically LIVE in the church have these homosexual tendencies....It's deeper than most of us want to believe....

Do not be fooled, these guys have a case. Sexual harrassment lawsuits are filed and won on WAY less. There was an abuse of power here on young children, beginning at 14. One thing I do know: Everybody can't tell the same lie. There is some fire behind this smoke. What degree? I don't know.

And for the church to try to discredit the young men...well, isn't that what his Young Men's camp was for? To offer them guidance to young troubled men to change them. NOw, the very ones he SOUGHT aren't really worth a damn anyway? You can't have it both ways.

If its a lie (HOMO ACTIVITIES), like we told Fantasia, SHUT UP and LET THE TRUTH SHOW OUT!.

Do not be fooled, these guys have a case. Sexual harrassment lawsuits are filed and won on WAY less. There was an abuse of power here on young children, beginning at 14. One thing I do know: Everybody can't tell the same lie. There is some fire behind this smoke. What degree? I don't know.

And for the church to try to discredit the young men...well, isn't that what his Young Men's camp was for? To offer them guidance to young troubled men to change them. NOw, the very ones he SOUGHT aren't really worth a damn anyway? You can't have it both ways.

If its a lie (HOMO ACTIVITIES), like we told Fantasia, SHUT UP and LET THE TRUTH SHOW OUT!.

Our Black people say what they want and can laugh at the cathlolic church... but it's the SAME isht going on in the Baptist churches....

Paul Morton wife caught him in bed with another man.... Still married and still a shyt load of follwers...

It's amazing how easily people's minds are controlled

SUtrp96;1732786[B said:
]Our Black people say what they want and can laugh at the cathlolic church... but it's the SAME isht going on in the Baptist churches...[/B].

Paul Morton wife caught him in bed with another man.... Still married and still a shyt load of follwers...

yep when its a catholic preacher yall black folks aint saying lets wait till the truth come out or dont judge him. Yall condemn right on the spot. And them pics i saw this morning, shouldnt no strait married man send no spandex bathroom pics to another man yet alone a teenage boy. and chocolate you right. when they were in a spiritual son, they were good boys now they aint worth nothing. and he cancelled his conference too. yeah they finna pulla a kwame on eddie long.

Our Black people say what they want and can laugh at the cathlolic church... but it's the SAME isht going on in the Baptist churches....

WHAT!?!?! I didn't know that happend. Wow!
I have learned thru things I see go on in the church as well as things that I have witnessed in my own personal life when it comes to church...I can go to church everytime the doors swing open & sing every song that is sung. I can listen to the word that is sent forth by the preacher, but if I don't have a personal relationship with GOD for myself & study the word for myself...I'm an empty vessel that HE can't use. I can't depend on no preacher, pastor, bishop or anyone else to get me into Heaven. I can only depend on GOD & have a relationship with HIM.
I am currently not attending my home church like I should, because I just don't have the drive & desire to be there anymore. I have to ask GOD to send me to the church that HE wants me to be, where I can grow and get back on track like I should be. I know some personal things that my pastor has done in his past, but I can't judge that man...he has to stand before GOD himself & be held accountable for his actions. All I can do is pray & ask GOD to help him & help me.

and chocolate you right. when they were in a spiritual son, they were good boys now they aint worth nothing. and he cancelled his conference too. yeah they finna pulla a kwame on eddie long.

Now don't that sound exactly what them old catholics were doing... Making it seem as if them boys were telling Lies on the priest?

Unfortunatly people will never wake up and realize a lot of these "LEADERS" or full of isht...
It's an on going MACHINE...and a lot of weak minded people are sucked into it...for better or surely for WORSE

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/23/georgia.pastor.allegations/index.html

what you are you talking about. im confused in your post

Inherently mentally weak. I guess I was an arrogant SOB @ a very, very, VERY young age because I KNEW early on those "guys" in the pulpits hollering like an idjit and screaming targeting folx emotional states were mentally inferior to me. :|

WHAT!?!?! I didn't know that happend. Wow!
I have learned thru things I see go on in the church as well as things that I have witnessed in my own personal life when it comes to church...I can go to church everytime the doors swing open & sing every song that is sung. I can listen to the word that is sent forth by the preacher, but if I don't have a personal relationship with GOD for myself & study the word for myself...I'm an empty vessel that HE can't use. I can't depend on no preacher, pastor, bishop or anyone else to get me into Heaven. I can only depend on GOD & have a relationship with HIM.
I am currently not attending my home church like I should, because I just don't have the drive & desire to be there anymore. I have to ask GOD to send me to the church that HE wants me to be, where I can grow and get back on track like I should be. I know some personal things that my pastor has done in his past, but I can't judge that man...he has to stand before GOD himself & be held accountable for his actions. All I can do is pray & ask GOD to help him & help me.

I was at the same cross roads O....
I don't want to spend all my time judging no man and telling other folk to do as I do because I know the ills this man has done... no man is perfect and we all have sinned...

But "I" refuse to be lead by anyone I don't feel is fit to lead a flock of people....GOD is with us all...

He gave us all his word to read and understand.. One don't HAVE to belong to a church to be in a house of God...
Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three come together in my name"

:tup:

Inherently mentally weak. I guess I was an arrogant SOB @ a very, very, VERY young age because I KNEW early on those "guys" in the pulpits hollering like an idjit and screaming targeting folx emotional states were mentally inferior to me. :|

Me too.... I knew when I could pin point the time someone would jump up and start catching the holy ghost it was something fishy going on....

I remember when I was about 7 I left out the church when people went to acting a fool back to back to back..Went and locked myself in my mom car and went to sleep...

This church had an upstairs balcony and those folk up there went to acting out...I'm thinking if these folk really are out of of there mind alot of folk should be dying in this church from falling from up there....that lil balcony was very low and weak looking.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Depends on how you define a weak mind. Most arrogant people are the ones with weak minds. Those who can't follow the law...not even God's law because their own sinful nature is at the forefront of their very existence. MOST people are not weak minded in the sense that you are talking about from MY experience. Most of them are weak because they can't control their desires and use any excuse in the book to not do what is right and to do what THEY want to do. Dats weak! How many reasons do people have for not giving tithes. I heard this one man say that you ain't supposed to pay a preacher...u are supposed to give him eggs, chickens, etc... LOL I was like dummy that was a WHOLE lot of money and SACRIFICE back then. :smh:

Last edited:
I think these guys may have a case, because they are pushing their case the same way someone from a workplace would push it.

If they are following this like a sexual harassment case in which they are proving that "We could not have received these things/money/promotions if we had not had sex with a superior member our organization" then they may have a strong case.

Peace and Practice

@ Luvdaboom, there is a story on CNN that was posted this morning (see the link at the end of my post). I took a couple of things in the story that stood out to me & I commented on them. What are you confused about & maybe I can help you understand.....

Eddie Long/Church Mess continue... :)

How y'all gonna close up a controversial thread like that cause this type of dialogue needs to continue.

I now think the church has become an entity unto ITSELF. I now see churches more concerned with imitation, keeping up with the Joneses, outdoing other churches down the road, people mentioning their churches like they are status symbols and sermons, mannerism and activities gleaned from YouTube videos.

We have a problem, folks and only honesty will change that..

Re: Eddie Long/Church Mess continue... :)

Where is a guy suppose to get oral sex if his girlfriend or wife will not perform it?

It ain't the neighborhood boy, that's for damn sure. And who said you were supposed to get oral sex anyway? Check what you are doing to see why she isn't willing to "give her all" to her man. Cause if SHE KNOWS you are down for her and not just janky legging, trying to get anything that will give me some puzzying?? You can get ANY hole you want as many times as you want it.

How y'all gonna close up a controversial thread like that cause this type of dialogue needs to continue.

I now think the church has become an entity unto ITSELF. I now see churches more concerned with imitation, keeping up with the Joneses, outdoing other churches down the road, people mentioning their churches like they are status symbols and sermons, mannerism and activities gleaned from YouTube videos.

We have a problem, folks and only honesty will change that..

What do you think is the correct mode or model for churches to have?

Did someone seriously just inquire if a man can get head from a young boy if his wife does not put out? Wow... First, if you like head and a girl won't give it, why would you marry her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back