Men allege sexual coercion by Pastor Eddie Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane

The Vilian
I hope this is not true.

Men allege sexual coercion by prominent Eddie Long

(CNN) -- Two Georgia men have filed a lawsuit claiming that prominent Atlanta, Georgia, pastor Eddie Long coerced them into sex.

The suits, filed Tuesday in DeKalb County, Georgia, allege that Long used his position as a spiritual authority and bishop to coerce young male members and employees of his New Birth Missionary Baptist Church into sex.

"Defendant Long has a pattern and practice of singling out a select group of young male church members and using his authority as Bishop over them to ultimately bring them to a point of engaging in a sexual relationship," the suits allege.

Long is considered one of the nation's top black preachers. His church has more 25,000 members, according to the suit, and was the site of Coretta Scott King's 2006 funeral, attended by then-President George W. Bush and three previous presidents. King was the widow of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

The pastor took one plaintiff, Anthony Flagg, 21, on overnight trips to a half-dozen American cities in recent years, Flagg's suit alleges.

"Long shared a bedroom and engaged in intimate sexual contact with plaintiff Flagg including kissing, massaging, masturbating of plaintiff Flagg by defendant Long and oral sexual contact," the suit says.

Long took the other plaintiff, Maurice Murray Robinson, 20, to Auckland, New Zealand, in October 2008 for his 18th birthday and engaged in oral sex with him, Robinson's suit alleges.

"Following the New Zealand Trip, Defendant Long regularly engaged in sexual touching, and other sexual acts with Plaintiff Robinson," Robinson's suit alleges.

Long spokesman Art Franklin said Tuesday that "we categorically deny the allegations."

Source

Yep! I saw it on CNN around 7:45p.m.cst this evening. It appears to be very strong allegations based on what the female spokesperson said. Just wait til Fox News get a-hold of this story. I hope it's not true, because of the wonderful things he's done and the preaching that you can see and hear all over the Southeastern U.S.-I know that the members at New Birth have to be shocked even though these are alleged allegations, but it doesn't look good, because of alleged rumors in the past.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The attorney for the two guys was on TJMS and what she said, that sets this case apart from other similar cases (he said/he said) is that now since the lawsuit has been filed she can start subpoening all the records for the flights out of the country Bishop's cell phones, e-mails, etc. I think that's where he's going to get messed up.

She said that her clients have texts/e-mails from him that don't really specifically ask for sex but some ask her clients to send pics of themselves.

Roland also asked about the fact that one of her clients was arrested for breaking into Eddie's property (either house or Church) and stealing some items. She said he was acting out b/c he realized that everything Bishop said to him was a lie and all he cared about was the sex. Apparently the guy's best friend died the day before the arrest and he went to the Bishop, maybe called him, to be uplifted but all the Bishop wanted was sex.

I think Eddie's attorney will be on tomorrow or they are trying to get him on. The plane tickets don't mean that much to me, but when folks start talking about e-mails/texts then that's when stuff looks real bad!

One of the guys stole $100K worth of his jewelry and other stuff out of his office and was arrested before all this came out.

Hide ya kids, Hide ya wife
and hide ya husband b/c they raping ever'body 'round here!

:lol:

Man is it me or have you guys noticed that sissies and dykes be messy as heck. :lol: They clown and show out worst than the male/female they trying to be. :shame: :lol: I guess all that punkness is just messy.

Man, I hope it is not true but I will watch and see. Stuff like this makes me hesitant to join mens prayer groups. I had a homeboy join a men's ministry up in this area and a lot of the focus was on abstinence and steering clear on worldly women. He stopped going after a retreat because he said he saw a lot of behavior that made him believe that a lot of the dudes in that group were gay.

I can't believe yall surprised. Man look, we live in a sick azz world. Folks doing any and every thang now. Shyt, to be honest don't be surprise if any of your family members and friends doing this mess behind closed doors. Man folks sick and are getting sicker by the day. Don't nothing surprise me any more. I just don't understand all this sick fag stuff. It is like the world is trying to force this stuff on folks. This is pure abomination, pure abomination. it sickens me to see all these gay men and dyke women. Sad!!!!

This stands out to me... I will wait to hear more before I form an opinion.

Roland also asked about the fact that one of her clients was arrested for breaking into Eddie's property (either house or Church) and stealing some items. She said he was acting out b/c he realized that everything Bishop said to him was a lie and all he cared about was the sex. Apparently the guy's best friend died the day before the arrest and he went to the Bishop, maybe called him, to be uplifted but all the Bishop wanted was sex.

If the attorney has the e-mails/texts/flight records and any other proof or more boys start to come foward, the fact that he was arrested doesn't really mean anything in regards to Eddie's guilt/innocent except the lawsuit was probably done out of revenge.
*shrugs*

Man, I hope it is not true but I will watch and see. Stuff like this makes me hesitant to join mens prayer groups. I had a homeboy join a men's ministry up in this area and a lot of the focus was on abstinence and steering clear on worldly women. He stopped going after a retreat because he said he saw a lot of behavior that made him believe that a lot of the dudes in that group were gay.

That's cause they probably were.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Man the church got alot of punks in it. Yall know yall have seen them punks up in the choir showing out.

This doesn't look good. I hate this for his wife and kids.

Pretty much. :shame:

This whole thing reminds me of a recent "scandal" back in my hometown; on the first Sunday of this month, two young men (one was the Minister of Music, the other was the Pastor's "Bible Carrier" :xeye: and both were between the ages of 17 and 19) stood up during service and told the congregation that they were having an affair with the pastor- who is ALSO married with two kids. Anyway, word was that the affair had been going on since one of the men was about 15 years old.

The following Thursday, the pastor put a gun to his mouth and shot himself. :smh: And yes....he was black.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ledger-enquirer/obituary.aspx?n=h-randy-stephen&pid=145386426&fhid=9422

Man the church got alot of punks in it. Yall know yall have seen them punks up in the choir showing out.

Hell yeah.....we shole saw two of em a few Sundays ago jumping up and down and shouting harder than the women. :rolleyes: :lol:

Last edited:
Pretty much. :shame:

This whole thing reminds me of a recent "scandal" back in my hometown; on the first Sunday of this month, two young men (one was the Minister of Music, the other was the Pastor's "Bible Carrier" :xeye: and both were between the ages of 17 and 19) stood up during service and told the congregation that they were having an affair with the pastor- who is ALSO married with two kids. Anyway, word was that the affair had been going on since one of the men was about 15 years old.

The following Thursday, the pastor put a gun to his mouth and shot himself. :smh: And yes....he was black.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ledger-enquirer/obituary.aspx?n=h-randy-stephen&pid=145386426&fhid=9422

:shame:He took the cowardly way out...

smh but i aint really surprised. reading facebook and twitter its some mad black folks. i had to reserve my comments bc ya know folks will fight if you say something bad about their preacher, pastor, reverend, bishop, arch bishop, sunday school teacher, choir leader.

smh...
Not surprising..
These are the people our black people but ALL of their faith into....

Trust God!

These poverty pimps......he ain't the only one... people will still follow him... Paul Morton is still making his paper off these poor folk.. so Eddie Long will be ok... well until our people wake up.

What? They can't feel the spirit, too? :lol:

Gul, ain't nuthin worse than seeing a bunch of flamin sissies in the FRONT row of the choir shoutin harder than my great-grandma back in the day. :emlaugh:

:shame:He took the cowardly way out...

He shole did......word was (and I believe the shyt too cause bout 5 different folks told me about it and the story was the same) that one of the men showed the wife some uhhh, "footage" of him and the pastor. :| Home girl then tried to run the pastor over with her car and she threw all his shyt out the house. :smh:

Dude been better off just relocating to dayum Japan or sumthin. :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back