Meet the Browns...

Thank you!!! Getting there before time with the white folx...lol, I look down the way and why was this women bringing in a baby carriage? I'm like "damn"! That baby is going to wake up in the middle of the movie screaming! And all the lil chillen that were out...man!

But I was surprised, the chillen and the baby were on their best behavior. They didn't get loud or cry or nothing.

What make it so bad, it was only 2 other people in the theater when I walked in. I was like YES!!!! No ignant azz black folks and bad azz kids!!! :jump:

Oh, and the movie started at 6:30. How about some black folks, all dey kids, and a couple with a dayum baby stroller came waltzin dey azzes in at 6:50? :rolleyes: :smh: And sure enough during the middle of the movie, da baby started hollering. :smh: :lol:

What make it so bad, it was only 2 other people in the theater when I walked in. I was like YES!!!! No ignant azz black folks and bad azz kids!!! :jump:

Oh, and the movie started at 6:30. How about some black folks, all dey kids, and a couple with a dayum baby stroller came waltzin dey azzes in at 6:50? :rolleyes: :smh: And sure enough during the middle of the movie, da baby started hollering. :smh: :lol:

Only in the ATL. :lol: If I'm at home I just go to the drive in. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And this was at the "uppity" movie theater at Atlantic Station. :rolleyes: :lol:

O, hell naw.......

dang you went all the way up there for a movie?

Man I understand that new moms don't want to miss out on the action, but come on now..... a baby carriage in the movie? You know that baby is gonna cry at some point.

And this was at the "uppity" movie theater at Atlantic Station. :rolleyes: :lol:

We go to the one either in Austell or the one down from Cumberland Mall. And we never have any problems.

We're the one with the baby! :lol: But Seth is pretty good at the movies. Now he may clap his hands and get excited during the PREVIEWS, but usually by the time the movie has started and the lights are turned down low, he winds down and eventually drifts off to sleep. :tup: :tup: Plus, we ONLY do matinees and sometimes the very first showing of the day.

I can imagine that people hate to see us walk in with a 2-year-old. :lol: But we tend to be the first ones to get the seats we want. We usually arrive at movies 30-40 minutes before the showing.

We're the one with the baby! :lol: But Seth is pretty good at the movies. Now he may clap his hands and get excited during the PREVIEWS, but usually by the time the movie has started and the lights are turned down low, he winds down and eventually drifts off to sleep. :tup: :tup: Plus, we ONLY do matinees and sometimes the very first showing of the day.

Yeah, but this here was a little bitty baby. :smh: :lol:

Oh no! We waited until Seth was well over a year old... where he was old enough to understand "SHUT IT UP!" :lol:

Yeah, Crit you have a "baby" at heart and mind, but he's old enough to know and understand. The baby that was there Saturday was probably still on da tit! :retard:

Yeah, Crit you have a "baby" at heart and mind, but he's old enough to know and understand. The baby that was there Saturday was probably still on da tit! :retard:

Oh no, I wouldn't take a newborn to the movies. You can't control a newborn's cries. For a long time, me and hubby just did the DVD thing, because Seth was too young. Then we eased into first-showing matinees, just to see how well he would do. And it's been working for us every since.

The outtakes were very funny, especially the ones at the Funeral. And why was Cora Brown's daughter, she looks just as old as him.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

At least it was the 6:30 show. What really irks me is when people bring babies and/or young children to the movies at 11pm or some other hour where they should have them in bed.

That theater is not "uppity" anymore. Everyone and their grandma goes to Atlantic Station these days. However, I still like going to the movies there since it is a straight shot from my apartment and is also a spot most people have no problem finding. Dating and/or going to the movies in the ATL can be a logistical nightmare at times, so sometimes you have to deal with central locations.

I went to see it. It was nice and going to see it again today. :nod: That spanish girl is crazy as hell. She popped the hell out of that man with that brick.

The outtakes were very funny, especially the ones at the Funeral. And why was Cora Brown's daughter, she looks just as old as him.

Cora has always been his daughter...you have to follow the plays to know the characters and their backgrounds.

I saw the movie on yesterday and I must say, I wasn't too impressed w/this particular TP project. This has been his worst movie yet...it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't that good either. Now, Angela Bassett did her thing, as usual and Rick Fox did pretty well, too. Brown was his normal ignant self..:lol: But, some of the scenes didn't flow well and ole boy messed up one of his lines. (The one that played Angela's son...Lance something.) Also, Jenifer Lewis seemed to be a tad bit out of sync w/this role. Maybe I'm analyzing too much, b/c I'm such a HUGE Tyler Perry fan and I know his work and how it normally flows.

Anywho, I enjoyed the play much better.

That theater is not "uppity" anymore.

I know.......that's why I put uppity in quotations. :lol: :tup:

But yeah, I really don't do the movie thing that often. I only went cause I stopped at Atlantic Station when I left work and realized that the theater was right next to Old Navy. So I was like "shat Snake outta town and I'ain got shat to do, so fucc it." :lol:

I shole won't be going back; if I do, it will be a matinee or after the newness has worn off. Or I'll just drive down to Newnan cause dey got a brand new theater at Ashley Park. :nod:

Maybe I'm analyzing too much, b/c I'm such a HUGE Tyler Perry fan and I know his work and how it normally flows.

Anywho, I enjoyed the play much better.

uhhhhh...yanno TP's plays are largely ad libs (even with play lines, he admits he changes things on the fly to see how the actors will react...real time) and the gospel singing really drives the points home, right? That would make them different than the movies....

90% of us went to the movie expecting Tamala Mann (Cora) to belt a gospel song out and she didn't. Disappointment for 90% of us, yea verily we give it an "OK".

I still liked it...in spite of...even though "Why Did I Get Married" was the best...to me.

uhhhhh...yanno TP's plays are largely ad libs (even with play lines, he admits he changes things on the fly to see how the actors will react...real time) and the gospel singing really drives the points home, right? That would make them different than the movies....

90% of us went to the movie expecting Tamala Mann (Cora) to belt a gospel song out and she didn't. Disappointment for 90% of us, yea verily we give it an "OK".

I still liked it...in spite of...even though "Why Did I Get Married" was the best...to me.
yes, Why Did I Get Married was a classic...Tyler really outdid himself on that one. :nod:

And yes, I do know that his plays are mostly ad libbed, but this was a movie....movies aren't live. You can cut and retake shots...lol Anywho, overall is was just ok for me. Like I said earlier, the play was much better.

:tup: :tup: I enjoyed it.
Why did Rick Fox have that lil triangle of hair on his chin? :shame:

:tup: :tup: I enjoyed it.
Why did Rick Fox have that lil triangle of hair on his chin? :shame:

It's called a "flavor" savor gul. Use your imagination. :read:

Only us real brothas who eat cat have those things. :swink:

Makaho/delock send help! lol

Back