Meet the Browns...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I loved the movie! Don't know why I was so emotional on several parts.

The babysitter had this ole school feel about her. Stubborn as hell, but knew the Mother needed help!

Got pissed as hell at the dead beat dad! :angry: :upset:

Swooned (sp) everytime Rick Fox opened his mouth or just smiled. *sigh* :blush:

I don't care what the role is Jennifer Lewis will ALWAYS deliver! :tup:

Someone tell me how in da hell does Angela look so good??? She looked like she was 20 something!

^^^ U know at first I wasn't feeling Rick Fox.... but seeing him in this movie has shed some LIGHT on his beauty! :lol:

Meet the Browns was horrible:angry:

You obviously didn't go see "First Sunday"! I almost threw up on that one....

This one was better than some other trifling non-TP comedies out there. At least I laughed more than once...but alas...to each his own.

:pimp:

Latin Ho
Back Do HO
Mama?
NASTY HO

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think i'll wait for it to come out on dvd. I'm getting tired of the same ole story lines from TP. It's always the same thing.

The reason why you're seeing the same thing over and over is because all he's doing is bringing the plays to the big screens. So, if you've seen all his plays, you're seeing the same thing at the movies...just usually w/a lil twist to them.

To me, his best work on the big screen has been Why Did I Get Married. That was a work of art, rat there. :nod:

Haven't checked out Meet the Browns yet...I'll check it out this w/e, probably.

yeah, I was getting tired of the plays too. Then he started tripping when he stopped putting Madea in them.

yeah, I was getting tired of the plays too. Then he started tripping when he stopped putting Madea in them.
yeah, I know...everyone loves Madear. :lol: I heard folks complain that "she" wasn't in this movie enough. I guess TP gets tired of playing her, after a while. That costume job has to be a doozy...lol

It's good that Tyler Perry is keeping black actors busy by making movies and all, Now he needs to employ some black writers and make more interesting movies and change his message! I'm tired of the same storyline in EVERY MOVIE!!!!

If he keeps this up he will lose my $$$ I try to support EVERYTHING black as much as possible but DAYUM! gimme a break!!!

I loved the movie! Don't know why I was so emotional on several parts.

Got pissed as hell at the dead beat dad! :angry: :upset: I had already predicted that was gonna happen early on in the movie.
Swooned (sp) everytime Rick Fox opened his mouth or just smiled. *sigh* :blush: :nod:

I don't care what the role is Jennifer Lewis will ALWAYS deliver! :tup:

YES INDEED :nod

Someone tell me how in da hell does Angela look so good??? She looked like she was 20 something!

Yeah Anna mae still looks good.

This one was better than some other trifling non-TP comedies out there. At least I laughed more than once...but alas...to each his own.

Latin Ho
Back Do HO
Mama?
NASTY HO

:lmao:

My favorite was Brown singing "this is yo Granddaddy" :lmao:
the toupee was horrible :emlaugh:

Brown literally brings tears to my eyes, whenever I watch him in action. He is just hilarious to me. :bawling: :lmao:

Interesting how I hardly hear people say, "I'm tired of all of the gangstas, shoot 'em up, kill yo family, slap a ho movies". But put some positives messages out there and we say we tired. Interesting.

I'm sure TP will not lose any money if WE use our God given right not to support it. Because looking around in the theatre on Saturday, there were just as many "Others" in the viewing audiences as there were african americans.

Keep making positives movies!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well I saw the movie yesterday after I got off work. Let me say this right quick- keep da cryin babies at home. :rolleyes: :smh:

Anywhoo, I'm so glad I didn't listen to comments from here or ajc.com about the movie.........I really enjoyed every moment of it!! :tup: That dayum Mr. Brown had me dying!!!

Angela Bassett did a great job as usual........I just wanna be like her when I grow up. She looks good!!!! :nod: :tup:

Rick Fox........dayum, he shole was lookin tasty IMO. :ebrow: :blush: I actually thought he did a pretty good job.

Jennifer Lewis was off da chain!! :emlaugh: Somebody told me some years ago that her on-screen persona reminded them of me. I could see that everytime she had a drink in her hand. :lol:

But the funniest stuff were during the credits. Brown had me sliding down my seat laughing!!!! :lmao: :lmao: "This is your grin-diddyyyyyyyyyy!!!" :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

My ONLY complaint is that I thought the movie didn't flow well during certain scenes. For example, when ole gul threw the brick at the dad and they took off running; but when they finished running, they were looking for a job. :confused:

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. :tup:

Interesting how I hardly hear people say, "I'm tired of all of the gangstas, shoot 'em up, kill yo family, slap a ho movies". But put some positives messages out there and we say we tired. Interesting.

I'm sure TP will not lose any money if WE use our God given right not to support it. Because looking around in the theatre on Saturday, there were just as many "Others" in the viewing audiences as there were african americans.

Keep making positives movies!

You have to realize self hate is the biggest enemy of black folk. Look at this election, we have been told all of our lives that we will never see a black person be president. Well we finally have a legit, intelligent, God fearing and family type black man running and black folks want even support him. So what makes you think they will support Tyler Perry. As long as you down balck folk in your corner, but try to start coming up and we tear you down.

It wasn't a bad movie at all, but some aspects were very predictable. This was one of the plays that I didn't see, so unlike some folks I didn't know the storyline beforehand. Overall, it was still funny and I wouldn't mind watching it again.

SPOILER ALERT: I was also confused as to how the son was able to sign with a pro team since the rule change about high schoolers being able to go straight to the pros went into effect well before the movie was released.

This was one of the plays that I didn't see, so unlike some folks I didn't know the storyline beforehand.

You've got to see the play. It is muuuuuuuuch much funnier!!! :lol: :nod: It will also give you a better understanding of the out take (if you stayed for it) of Mr. Brown and Cora standing at Pop Brown's casket singing that song and Mr. Brown slangin that tupe everywhere. :emlaugh:

^^^ The play is funnier. I saw the movie last night at Perkins Rowe(for all my BR Folks...I love Perkins Rowe).

When Brown told Michael he thought he was Lebanon James...I was :lmao:

It wasn't any better on bootleg...oops my bad! :lol:

Latin Ho
Back Do HO
Mama?
NASTY HO

That isht had me :lmao:

I still think Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins was better than both of em.

You've got to see the play. It is muuuuuuuuch much funnier!!! :lol: :nod: It will also give you a better understanding of the out take (if you stayed for it) of Mr. Brown and Cora standing at Pop Brown's casket singing that song and Mr. Brown slangin that tupe everywhere. :emlaugh:

My friend and I stayed for the outtakes and laughed our arses off :lol:

Well I saw the movie yesterday after I got off work. Let me say this right quick- keep da cryin babies at home. :rolleyes: :smh:

Thank you!!! Getting there before time with the white folx...lol, I look down the way and why was this women bringing in a baby carriage? I'm like "damn"! That baby is going to wake up in the middle of the movie screaming! And all the lil chillen that were out...man!

But I was surprised, the chillen and the baby were on their best behavior. They didn't get loud or cry or nothing.

Back