Marching Storm vs. World Famed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by TX_FINEST
IN that case grambling does the exact same thing too...

1. spell GSU
2. reverse it to the other side
3. Tubas line up across the back
4. The dancers come out & the band dances with them
SO NOW WHAT BEFORE YOU GO TALKING ABOUT OUR BAND DOING THE SAME OL THING GO BACK AND WATCH TAPES FROM PREVIOUS YEARS AND SEE IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE IN GSU SHOW........:redhot:

4 1/2. Get on your back and kick. ((EVERY YEAR)) ((EVERY PERFORMANCE)) ((DIFFRENT BASLINE))

Originally posted by Quietstorm
4 1/2. Get on your back and kick. ((EVERY YEAR)) ((EVERY PERFORMANCE)) ((DIFFRENT BASLINE))
:redhot: :redhot: GRam wanna talk about us doing tha same stuff year after year......Yeah, how bout that ole' House Party, School Daze move ya'll always do leaning back with one hand on the ground while pumping ya'll horns through your legs.....Old a55 stuff......Why don't you find another band who does the same stuff like JSU or Southern, brutha!!!!:redhot: :redhot:

Damn

Is it that serious. Some of ya'll take this sh*t serious like your life depended on it. If you think you won, Gram or PV, then you going to believe what you want especially if its about your school so why argue about it. Remember in 02, when we battled and Gram peeps got online saying they won, remember how mad they was. Ya'll acting the same way and thats some childish stuff. Its over now, take the good with the bads and lets get ready for the next week! AEA

Re: Damn

Originally posted by SnareBaby954
Is it that serious. Some of ya'll take this sh*t serious like your life depended on it. If you think you won, Gram or PV, then you going to believe what you want especially if its about your school so why argue about it. Remember in 02, when we battled and Gram peeps got online saying they won, remember how mad they was. Ya'll acting the same way and thats some childish stuff. Its over now, take the good with the bads and lets get ready for the next week! AEA

I do not think that it is matter of who got the "W" or who got the "L", the point is now that people (bands) shouldn't throw stones while living in glass houses !!! How can 1 band (GSU) say that another band (PV) do the same show, when they do the same thing every show !

On and on and on and on.......

I just got the film and Roadblock check the mail. s phi s Imo get with you on the musical aspects of the shows as I see it.

Every band takes pieces of previous shows and incorporates them into other shows and sometimes every show. But I have seen bands and dancers do the exact same routine over and over and over and over and over. Notice I said routine and not move. Expect to see the "Grambling Drop". Just like I expect to see the Foxes to hold hands and go into a cirlce and then do the "Rockette kick". Jsu do the "Tiger run on" Alcorn play "out on a limb" fanfare. PV "entertainment tonight". su "bringing the white guy or big boy" at the end of the show. And others I could name.

Re: Damn

Originally posted by SnareBaby954
ok AEA(and no i don't know bo) this is serious because in case you don't know constructive critisizm wheather good are bad should fuel your mind to either get better or stay better than last week.... it would be stupid if people got on line and blasted your band for all your flaws and then next week you go out and do the same stupid isht. that would make you stupid, dumb, hardheaded,ignorant, lame, retarded(now let me find some more adj......................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm selfcentered, narrow minded, tunnel visioned,azzhole, dumbazzed and down right silly...so take any crunstructive critisizm and use it to your advantage, i really do believe that that is a great reason to get on here and read it and make corections.....gram like i said before ya'll have greatly improved and keep up the great work but please jump into ya'll's drum section's azz because them boyz need help........ya'll better get ready for uapb because i heard them boyz are on fire, but that's what heard, i won't believe it until i see for myself, and tell chocolate thunder that KRANK wants a piece of that candy, that's if DA BOX left them some.........:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Shout outs to both bands!!!!!

P.V.,....After reviewing the film, I want to say that I enjoyed that Miles Davis number and that other jazz piece you'd played and to whoever that is making that tuba gliss and slide like and electric bass,....my hat goes off to you!!! You have got to be a music major!!! I enjoyed the he!! out of that!!!

This is my opinion based on what I particularly like as a consumer of music:
Halftime.........G.S.U.
Not taking anything away from P.V. I just like our style of show.
sectionals:
Basses.........Grambling (for reason I care not to post)
To P.S. and foot note,.....To the "Silver Dawgs" I just want to say ,Thank You ,Thank You, Thank You!!! For playing an octave apart. Somebody got to stay down there. It makes the band sound more rich and in tune!!!
T-Bones........did they even have a battle????
F-horns..........P.V.
Trumpets.......Grambling.!!! I've been around for quite a while and I got to say that this is one of the best Trpt. sections I've heard in a very long time!!!! "Can You Stand The Rain" Awesome!!!
Baritones.......did they battle???
Over all I enjoyed both bands and it would appear that everyone is stepping it up a little this year.
Good Job and keep it up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back