Marching Storm vs. World Famed

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORM's Magnificent

It has been told to me that the World Fame really proved their name as "Dancing Band of The Swac". I'm hearing that GSU danced the whole halftime. Even did the "Beyonce Dance"! But I also heard that they do sound good this year as well. I'm starting this thread to find out results. What do you think?

It appeared PV has lost some sound in the stands, since Shreveport against SU.

However, they came with it on the field. The fire and high energy I was expecting in Shreveport was there. I can't believe they were more fired up for Grambling than Southern. Oh well...

PV, why did you all perform to VISITING side (PV)? The stadium was packed all around. The TV cameras and media are all on the home side and you had your back to them... What was the deal? You had a nice show the impact was lessen. It appeared your fans were familiar with what you were doing. If so, they would have beenn into the show with you facing them or not. You could have gotten a great deal of the stadium into your show with them if you had played to the home side as expected. Just curious...

Couldn't tell how effective the Box was since their backs were to the home side.

The Foxes appeared to have a solid routine, but I really couldn't tell a lot since we were looking through the band and their backs were to us. I did like the selection of the James Brown song. The routine seemed to be right-on with the song.

Dance routine: That was TIGHT! Since you all did the split and faced in most of the routine, the home side could hear and feel what was happening. Boy, ya'll were pomped! With the exception of what appeared to be one of two members not lining up in the right spot in the back, everything was really tight and crisp and with 'HOUSE' in mind.

You know it just hit me, I didn't hear Entertainment Tonight. Is that no longer the entry trademark song for the Marching Storm?

Super Kudos! The show was very timely. All that long drawn out stuff gets boring. That was much better than Shreveport.

Grambling:
You were the opposite of PV. Your sound was lounder than I expected from you from previous sitings. However, your drill was very soft. The people in my area said what I was thinking "What are they playing? I can't hear them.".

Of course, that changed when you stop and the ladies danced to Beonce. The crowd really felt it. From my perspective it was more of the song than the routine from the ladies, because they didn't really busted it. They looked like it was new to them and they were working their way through it. But, it went over nicely.

Dance routine:
Nice. Good energy. Again, though, it appeared the routine was new in some areas. But, the mixture of songs were good. The crowd was feeling them.

Both bands:
-got the crowd into the show and had them singing what they were playing in their dance routine due to the fans love of the songs; Don't know if that is good homework or luck, but it worked.

In short, though I think I would have been more impressed with PV's show if it was facing the home side, I think they had the overall best show.

It was a solid battle to which both bands came with the intent to hold nothin' back and rock the house. Kudos!

PEACE!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
It appeared PV has lost some sound in the stands, since Shreveport against SU.

However, they came with it on the field. The fire and high energy I was expecting in Shreveport was there. I can't believe they were more fired up for Grambling than Southern. Oh well...

PV, why did you all perform to VISITING side (PV)? The stadium was packed all around. The TV cameras and media are all on the home side and you had your back to them... What was the deal? You had a nice show the impact was lessen. It appeared your fans were familiar with what you were doing. If so, they would have beenn into the show with you facing them or not. You could have gotten a great deal of the stadium into your show with them if you had played to the home side as expected. Just curious...

Couldn't tell how effective the Box was since their backs were to the home side.

The Foxes appeared to have a solid routine, but I really couldn't tell a lot since we were looking through the band and their backs were to us. I did like the selection of the James Brown song. The routine seemed to be right-on with the song.

Dance routine: That was TIGHT! Since you all did the split and faced in most of the routine, the home side could hear and feel what was happening. Boy, ya'll were pomped! With the exception of what appeared to be one of two members not lining up in the right spot in the back, everything was really tight and crisp and with 'HOUSE' in mind.

You know it just hit me, I didn't hear Entertainment Tonight. Is that no longer the entry trademark song for the Marching Storm?

Super Kudos! The show was very timely. All that long drawn out stuff gets boring. That was much better than Shreveport.

Grambling:
You were the opposite of PV. Your sound was lounder than I expected from you from previous sitings. However, your drill was very soft. The people in my area said what I was thinking "What are they playing? I can't hear them.".

Of course, that changed when you stop and the ladies danced to Beonce. The crowd really felt it. From my perspective it was more of the song than the routine from the ladies, because they didn't really busted it. They looked like it was new to them and they were working their way through it. But, it went over nicely.

Dance routine:
Nice. Good energy. Again, though, it appeared the routine was new in some areas. But, the mixture of songs were good. The crowd was feeling them.

Both bands:
-got the crowd into the show and had them singing what they were playing in their dance routine due to the fans love of the songs; Don't know if that is good homework or luck, but it worked.

In short, though I think I would have been more impressed with PV's show if it was facing the home side, I think they had the overall best show.

It was a solid battle to which both bands came with the intent to hold nothin' back and rock the house. Kudos!

PEACE!

Well thank you for the comment the reason you couldn't hear us doing our drill was because we were playing a march. But I have a questioin why didn't PV stay for a 5th. I mean you all were staying in Dallas to play for the Cowboys. I was looking forward to it because we still had numerous songs left. But to be honest PV was good but I liked the PV better from last year because it was more balanced. I know in the stands this game I couldn't hear the trumpets when they played the melody but when they played their fanfares they sounded str8.

Both bands looked like they did a good show from what I saw on TV.

PV your percussion section is real tight!

I'm going to give you an honest account of what happened in Dallas this past weekend.

At the beginning of the game PV mached in and blew ESPN :eek2:
Then Grambling blew ESPN:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: After this song you could see that the fans and PV's band was like, man this isn't the same GSU.

1st Half

- have to give the W to Grambling; they were more intense and had way more power than PV; Although PV has gotten more size, they have lost lots of sound; GSU also played more songs

-PV played In those Jeans and it was str8 but I heard it was their best song and that wasn't impressive; PV's best song was that Monica So Gone :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Half time
To me halftime was kinda a toss up; I hate the drilling to a march that GSU does but PV's core style drills aren't impressive either; As far as house, I'd have to give the very slight edgr to GSU; Grambling didn't even have an announcer because the mics messed up and they still got more house than PV. Both bands have a clean sound, but GSU has way more Volume

2nd Half

Trumpets
- Both schools have really nice t-pet sections but PV's t-pets were not heard the entire game. They did not cut through at all and I believe they have more than Gram.
- As far as fanfares, I'd have to give the slight edge to Gram because I liked their fanfares better. That Can U stand the Rain was :eek2: I also liked the jazz fanfare
-PV's trumpet section sounds good , but like I said they just don't cut across the field. They had some pretty nice fanfares as well but the one where they play each other's horn, thats getting OLD.

Band

Once again GSU kept up the intensity and played more songs than PV. I suggest that PV take their brass and do some cruches so they can get more power.

From start to finish I' d have to give the W to Gram, they were the better band. Oh yeah and Gram's B-tones are off da chain
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Well i have to admit the Gram was bringing it the whole game which is unusual

I have NEVER heard gram have that much power before if they keep up that level of intensity they'll really turn the program around.

THIS AINT the same GRAMBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PV was coming on strong too although i give the halftime to them
they had more energy in their show (both shows were good)

as for the stands I can't call it.

neither band punked out
both bands were bringin' it
both played a good repitoire of songs

this by far was one of the best SFC's I've been to

thouroughly entertaining for a band junkie

outstanding

kudos to the Storm and the World Famed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Blu Panther
GSU plays cuurent tunes....PV relies on the classics...simple as that

You obviously didn't stick around to hear the old school tunes that Grambling played.

As much as Grambling gets hated on 'round these parts, it's good to hear them get (what sounds like) a SOLID 'W'....

:tup:

i watched it live and on tape and both bands were good..i could tell PV changed a lot of there show.. glad to see GSU make improvements. and the STORM perform for the COWBOY's game so that had something to do with them leaving the 5th.

I knew it would be a tough battle because PV is no joke. I like what I'm hearing in terms of honest opinions from those who were at the game. I appreciate your own individual opinions of the shows. I'll post more on this later. Good job to both bands,....two of my favorites!!!

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
The second part of it was added by a former dm by the name of AD Bonner. Now there is a third and fourth part.

I saw A.D. Bonner Saturday at the BOTB, I didn't know he was the band director at Ft. Worth Dunbar.

WoW!

Gram and PV, y'all did an outstanding job. My husband and I kept raving about how entertaining you guys were. Gram........:eek2: :)!!!!!! I look forward to seeing the World Famed in Jackson on 10-25!

We did play Entertainment Tonight. That will always be our trademark field opener and we always perform to our side. Much props to PHI S G & the BOX, both features were tight! The Foxes, once again, surprised us like they do every year with uniforms because its different from their usual, both they were really good. As far as the 5th Quarter not happening was because of the fact that we did have a 5AM wake-up call and had alot of stuff to do before the game actually took place. As far as the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders:D :D :D :D :D OH YEAH!

SOG...I meant GSU had better crowd support because they played current tunes in the show..a must.

PV didn't do anything bad but I Feel Good ain't Crazy in Love.

Your cheers are usually going to come from the youngsters.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
SOG...I meant GSU had better crowd support because they played current tunes in the show..a must.

PV didn't do anything bad but I Feel Good ain't Crazy in Love.

Your cheers are usually going to come from the youngsters.

My bad. Thanks for the clarification.

I really thought hafltime was pretty much a toss up. But I do like that cut PV played in the stand by Farrell(sp). I was wondering if anyone was going to ever play that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back