Marching Storm vs. World Famed

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL JUST LIKE GRAMBLING DIDN'T PLAY MUCH IN THE FIRST PV PLAY NONE DURING THE FIFTH, ALMA MATER DOESN'T COUNT.LOL, THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT'S GOING NOW PEOPLE WANT TO SEE A FIFTH AND PV LET PEOPLE DOWN, THEY DID THE SAME WHEN THEY CAME TO SHREVEPORT.

When did the 5th quarter become mandatory. GSU cats spent all that time this summer telling everybody that they shouldn't save songs for a 5th that may or may not happen. Then when somebody leaves on their arse, they wanna cry about them not staying.

FOR THE LAST TIME, CAN ANYBODY FROM GRAMBLING GIVE ME A SOLID REASON THAT ANYONE SHOULD GIVE GRAMBLING AN OUTRIGHT, NO DOUBT WIN OVER PV WITHOUT USING THE 5TH QUARTER (CUZ LAST TIME I CHECKED, WE ARE THERE FOR A GAME WHICH LASTS 4 QUARTERS, ANYTHING EXTRA IS JUST THAT......EXTRA)...

USA Today, they know GSU got the W. I'm sure they've discussed it amongst themselves. School pride is a mofo. I'm not saying that PV had a bad field show. They did the same old thing. They have a nice sound. Be we all know the truth about which band had the better show. Band members know. The fans know. Even the radio station knows. Horns down and take five....GSU DOES DALLAS AGAIN!!!!

Originally posted by usa today
DAMN STOP MAKING EXCUSES, GRAM JUST GOT THE WIN AND LIKE YOU SAY STOP LIVING OFF THE PAST IT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE PRSENT AND FUTURE DAMN. GSU GOT THE WIN THAT'S THAT. NOT SAYING PV WASN'T ON POINT BECAUSE THEY WERE, BUT GSU WAS READY NOT SAYING EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT BUT THEY WERE READY.

We did the same old thing??? Grambling did something new??? Where was I??? Our dance routine was shorter than it has been in years and got a good response. Your dance was kind of long to me, but it got a good response. Both shows were good to me. (Can't believe I am saying that, but I always speak truth). Grambling's actual dance wasn't much to write home about to me, but the music kept the crowd in it. Our dances coupled with the music kept fans into ours. Overall, both shows were good.

So again I ask, what is it that Grambling did that just blew the Storm out of Dallas???

(Has anyone noticed that I have asked this question at least 4 times and haven't gotten an answer yet????)

Not trying to diss or anything, but while your horns were on the ground and you all were rolling around like cock roaches, couldn't you tell how the crowd was reacting? It wasn't like you all were blowing or anything. Like I said....same old show. It was entertaining...we just came with an even more entertaining show. But that's hind site now. Get a tape and review it. I'm sure someone taped it.

Originally posted by s phi s
We did the same old thing??? Grambling did something new??? Where was I??? Our dance routine was shorter than it has been in years and got a good response. Your dance was kind of long to me, but it got a good response. Both shows were good to me. (Can't believe I am saying that, but I always speak truth). Grambling's actual dance wasn't much to write home about to me, but the music kept the crowd in it. Our dances coupled with the music kept fans into ours. Overall, both shows were good.

So again I ask, what is it that Grambling did that just blew the Storm out of Dallas???

(Has anyone noticed that I have asked this question at least 4 times and haven't gotten an answer yet????)

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Not trying to diss or anything, but while your horns were on the ground and you all were rolling around like cock roaches, couldn't you tell how the crowd was reacting? It wasn't like you all were blowing or anything. Like I said....same old show. It was entertaining...we just came with an even more entertaining show. But that's hind site now. Get a tape and review it. I'm sure someone taped it.

Already watched it, and watched the MBC broadcaast. The fans were singing and cheering for our dance the same way they cheered for yours. You act like there were crickets in the stadium or something. Contrary to what Gramblingites believe, there IS more than one way to skin a cat. Your way of putting on a show isn't the only way.

Diversity is a beautiful thing!!!

Originally posted by s phi s
Already watched it, and watched the MBC broadcaast. The fans were singing and cheering for our dance the same way they cheered for yours. You act like there were crickets in the stadium or something. Contrary to what Gramblingites believe, there IS more than one way to skin a cat. Your way of putting on a show isn't the only way.

Very beautiful. But some people are too narrow-minded to see that. You really didn't answer my question, but at least you came closer than the rest of your co-horts to giving a reason. Even if it is your opinion, it has some type of substance to it....not that "You didn't play a march" type crap.

Ummmmm..........S phi S.......

The reason why Grambling BELIEVES that they got the 'W' over us is simply because:

1. They had a better showing this year than in years passed.

2. They played more recent music than we did.

3. They believed that we didn't have a book for them.

4. They believe that their halftime show was actually better than ours.

5. We didn't stay for a 5th......Which is nothing new for us. They stayed and attempted to entertain us as we were leaving.

6. They believe that they were more intense than we were.

7. I also think that they believe that they were also more musical than us.

8. Their football team murdered ours.

9. PV has too many excuses.

I can't think of anymore reasons right now......but from the reasons that I have came up with, I personally fail to see where Grambling's band gets the 'W' over PV's. If my reasons are not "in the ball park" as far as accuracy is concerned, please tell me why......LOL

Thank you.

Re: to tx-finest

Originally posted by wfgsu
Gram has had to wake early too. so its not AMAZING waking up a 5am. and plus, we had plenty more songs,just when you left, there was no point of playing w/out competition. Lastly, your storm was strong (an F3), but it was no match for F5 level World Famed. there is a reason we still hold the name World Famed, and we showed you that on Sat.

Just because you all came out with a little more fire this year doesn't mean that yall got in our ****... take the complement that I gave yall and shut the hell up.....cuz trust me yall got alot more work to do before you can consider yourself F5...:(

USA Today, they know GSU got the W. I'm sure they've discussed it amongst themselves. School pride is a mofo. I'm not saying that PV had a bad field show. They did the same old thing. They have a nice sound. Be we all know the truth about which band had the better show. Band members know. The fans know. Even the radio station knows. Horns down and take five....GSU DOES DALLAS AGAIN!!!!

same ol thing, you must be taking about gram, at the end of every dance you all do here comes that lil pump wit your horns in the air...very predictable ....you talk alot of smack as if your still in the band...lol

I'm gonna say this then I'm gonna end mine. True indeed we did the kick and jab move that you speak of(uh...some would consider it tradition...just like SU forms the halftime score.) But you ask me about PV doing the same old thing.

1. Coming out on Entertainment Tonight
2. Featuring The Box
3. Standing Still and Blowing
4. Dropping the Horns for the breakdown/dance routine
5. Rolling around on the ground getting the uniforms dirty

Not Smack...just observations

I'm not saying that it wasn't a good show...but if you can't comprehend how this is the same old thing...then I suggest you holla at some PV alumni. They can explain it to you.

Originally posted by TX_FINEST
same ol thing, you must be taking about gram, at the end of every dance you all do here comes that lil pump wit your horns in the air...very predictable ....you talk alot of smack as if your still in the band...lol

GSU WAS THE BETTER BAND!

-------------------------------------------------
S-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna say this then I'm gonna end mine. True indeed we did the kick and jab move that you speak of(uh...some would consider it tradition...just like SU forms the halftime score.) But you ask me about PV doing the same old thing.

2. Featuring The Box

I'm not saying that it wasn't a good show...but if you can't comprehend how this is the same old thing...then I suggest you holla at some PV alumni. They can explain it to you.

IN that case grambling does the exact same thing too...

1. spell GSU
2. reverse it to the other side
3. Tubas line up across the back
4. The dancers come out & the band dances with them
SO NOW WHAT BEFORE YOU GO TALKING ABOUT OUR BAND DOING THE SAME OL THING GO BACK AND WATCH TAPES FROM PREVIOUS YEARS AND SEE IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE IN GSU SHOW........:redhot:

Originally posted by professor
GSU WAS THE BETTER BAND!

I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE TAPE AND IF YALL DUMB AZZ'S THINK THAT THEIR SHOW WAS BETTER THAN YALL ARE SICK TOO...:mad:

Originally posted by professor
GSU WAS THE BETTER BAND!

:redhot: :redhot: You are more like a student than a professor:redhot: :redhot:

Re: honda

Originally posted by wfgsu
Both bands represented. Though the World Famed won this battle, without a doubt, Both the Storm and the World Famed need to represent the SWAC At the Honda Battle Of the Bands. Together we are the best in the Swac. After us there is no need to see the Sonic Boom or the Jukebox( neither of which have done anything extraordinary lately)
disclaimer, Im not hating on JSU or SU, but this year just doesn't seem to be their year

How do you know late ass when you have not even seen neither band in person. Jsu and SU are monsters this year. You will find that out when you play them.:D

jsu will win the band battle between you no doubt!!!!! you want to bet all the money in your pocket. I dont care how much grambling has improved. They are still not a top 5 band.:p

top 5

If we aren't in the top 5 as you call it then why do promoters seek either GSU, SU, FAMU, JSU, or BCC for band battles?
without one or all of these schools, You can't have a real battle

Originally posted by usa today
DAMN STOP MAKING EXCUSES, GRAM JUST GOT THE WIN AND LIKE YOU SAY STOP LIVING OFF THE PAST IT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE PRSENT AND FUTURE DAMN. GSU GOT THE WIN THAT'S THAT. NOT SAYING PV WASN'T ON POINT BECAUSE THEY WERE, BUT GSU WAS READY NOT SAYING EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT BUT THEY WERE READY.
usa today what happens, does the information change on the way from your eyes to your brain, because what you read and what your brain gets are totally different. does having to leave and already beat ya'll make pv lose, or does it mean that it was time to go and there was no need to beat up on ya'll anymore. the band has gotten better and the drum section has gotten worse that makes no sense to me. but i must say it was a great battle much props to gram on the better fuller sound this year, but ya'll have to do it next year to convince us that ya'll are in the same weight class as pv. pv brings it every year not one year.....:confused:

2. Featuring The Box

ok let me get this str8

weak entrance on the field with a march(poorly played might i add)

form GSU on the field or whatever that was

then
then
then
then
are ya'll ready
then
then
dance dammit dance

then
then
then
then
ready again
then
then
then
lean back and goose your horn goose your horn goose

talking about predictable, oh yeah ya'll don't do that mess everyyear........let's call them traditions......ok
\\

This Game is over PV did a good job and we did a good job. We both sounded well in the stands. It was messed that PV band had to leave but oh well they left. It is dang Wed. now it is time to focus on UAPB. By the way for the guy who said we played new songs don't forget about the old school songs we played too.

Originally posted by tellitlikeittiz
then
then
then
then
are ya'll ready
then
then
dance dammit dance

then
then
then