Male Clarinet Players

mustardmanSU_04 said:
TROMBONE!!!! The horn of KINGS, and the occasional queen(shout out to females who like blowin on bones....)

Fuccin right!! :jump:

Dey didn't call me "Queen of Funk" for nothing. :nod:

But man, I really do miss playing.........that was the one time where I could tune everything around me out and not have a care in the world. :tup:

SONNY said:
Another controdiction.

If you PLAY the TRUMPET you are a TRUMPET PLAYER
If you PLAY the SOUSAPHONE you are a SOUSAPHONE PLAYER

now try to stay with me......

If you "PLAY" the "CLARINET" then you are a "CLARINET PLAYER"

Give a monkey some Vic Firths and a Remo snare, he will beat it...... I'm sure with the help of a few bananas, he could imitate someone, but that doesn't make Curious George a drummer.

Yes I can play clarinet and Bass Clarinet, but I dare not call myself a clarinet player and disgrace the craft that others work so hard to master! I am however, a low brass player. Give me a low brass instrument and I will run it with anyone you sit next to me. Literature and all.... That is why I am a low brass player, and that is why I am not a woodwind player.

I hope that concept isn't too difficult for you to grasp.....

a) Grown man that can play a flute

b) Monkey beating a mallot on a drum head

Hey if that's the way you look at your musical abilities then fine.

:tup:

SONNY said:
a) Grown man that can play a flute

b) Monkey beating a mallot on a drum head

Hey if that's the way you look at your musical abilities then fine.

:tup:

Okay, so just because I know my 12 major scales and 6 minors and I can cross the break, that makes me a clarinet player?! DAYUM!!! That sure was easy!!! I feel sorry for you poor saps who have been studiously practicing for hours a day for the past how ever many years....

I know if someone tels me they are a trombonist or a euphonium player, I'm gonna ask questions about mouthpieces, technique, literature, horn care and many many more questions because a trombone or euphonium player should know all these things...

I know I can't answer all that stuff about a clarinet, so like I said before, I dare not disgrace the craft that others have worked so hard to master and call myself a clarinet player or woodwind player...

Is it so hard yo say you can comprehend that?

.....all of these politically correct answers.

Yall know d@mn well, that if your son wanted to play a clarinet/flute, you would convince him NOT to play it, but convince him to play a brass or drum instrument.

Yea...back in the day when marching bands, jazz bands, orchestras, etc. were male dominated; men played clarinets, flutes, and so forth. That was then, times have changed now, and instruments like a clarinet or flute have become to be gender based so-ta-speak. Now ain sayin thats right, and it shouldn matter, but society fucc'd up now; everything has stereotypes and perceptions. When you see a male clarinet/flute player now-a-days, 98% of the times heen "right"; yall know that, so stop frontin. Yea...there are a few "hard" cores that get down; but it aint enough of'em to offset the perception of a male clarinet/flute player. Dont know about yall, but the first thing that come to my mind when I see one is, "He gay?"....and surely word is, he is, and have tendacies LOL!

Unn Unn...call me ignorant, I'own care! My son AINT playin no clarinet or flute; bump that.

"Snake"

Da_Sperm said:
So, women that play Tuba or trumbone or even bass drum, would they be considered FRUITY?

Its not called fruity for females.... But yes, they do receive that same, equal but opposite stigma when they play low brass or percussion, unless she is a girly-girl, or a hoochie.... Its horrible on both sides of the street, but we are all guilty of making one of these horrible assumptions at least once before.....

Da_Sperm said:
So, women that play Tuba or trumbone or even bass drum, would they be considered FRUITY?

Can I entergec(not a word)

.....well nall.

And thats interesting, because every female brass player I know "straight" and lady-like as h ell. Now female drums???? the ones I KNOW are harder than you & me LOL!

My daughter aint playin drums either LOL!

OH....and whats happening Frat!

"Snake"

If my son don't play a brass instrument like his uncles or become a percussionist like his pops he ain't gone play nothing. No if’s, and’s or but’s about it. When you from the tracks you don’t play woodwinds. An about women playing drums that mess burns me the heck up. I don’t care if she can play like Shelia E it just ain’t right!!!!

PsiSnake said:
.....all of these politically correct answers.

Yall know d@mn well, that if your son wanted to play a clarinet/flute, you would convince him NOT to play it, but convince him to play a brass or drum instrument.

Yea...back in the day when marching bands, jazz bands, orchestras, etc. were male dominated; men played clarinets, flutes, and so forth. That was then, times have changed now, and instruments like a clarinet or flute have become to be gender based so-ta-speak. Now ain sayin thats right, and it shouldn matter, but society fucc'd up now; everything has stereotypes and perceptions. When you see a male clarinet/flute player now-a-days, 98% of the times heen "right"; yall know that, so stop frontin. Yea...there are a few "hard" cores that get down; but it aint enough of'em to offset the perception of a male clarinet/flute player. Dont know about yall, but the first thing that come to my mind when I see one is, "He gay?"....and surely word is, he is, and have tendacies LOL!

Unn Unn...call me ignorant, I'own care! My son AINT playin no clarinet or flute; bump that.

"Snake"

Georgia Bois...... We some DAYuM fools!!!

I have 7 month old twins(Shout out Kaelin & Khalil, though they are right here...) and I hope that after watching daddy on the Bayou Classic 2004 tape a bazillion times and going to a trillion games they will have the desire to join band when they are older. But, I also hope that my son won't want to play piccollo and my daughter bass drum. I wouldn't forbid either one of them from whatever their choice is, though I do prefer winds overall compared to percussion, I won't try to persuade them from their choices. But I know I would love for young Superman to follow Daddy and play low brass and I'm sure my girlfriend would love for young Wonder Woman to play clarinet.....

TBone2 said:
Do males play the clarinet because they know females don't HAZE like males?

BULLSHAT! You don't know people st FAMU apparently!!! My home girl crossed the clarinets over there and I been told stories of frying pans, flights of stairs, roof tops, and RIDICULOUS amounts of w***!!! And that's for the section!!! they have a sub-organization within the section that you have the choice of crossing too....

Females are unstable bruh... UNSTABLE!!! There is no way I would let one guy me, not that I know of any schools that condone hazing or any such initiating activities....

yvette23 said:
U ain't lying. :lol:

I know, especially if its around "that time...." of the day, week, month, year, decade, century, millenium..... Yall don't care!!! Especially when it comes down to time to out a male in the cut..... Yall start thinkin bout civil rights, affirmative action, ex's and all sorts of mess that do have to do with us. THaT in itself is a good enough reason for males not to play clarinet!!!! Stay away!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

mustardmanSU_04 said:
I know, especially if its around "that time...." of the day, week, month, year, decade, century, millenium..... Yall don't care!!! Especially when it comes down to time to out a male in the cut..... Yall start thinkin bout civil rights, affirmative action, ex's and all sorts of mess that do have to do with us. THaT in itself is a good enough reason for males not to play clarinet!!!! Stay away!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

Oh I'ain referring to myself.........I'mma rare breed. :lol:

Well, either that or my "unstableness" just ain't came out yet. ~whistling~ :lmao:

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
This thread gets funnier by the post.

That's what I was thinking.

Lord forbid these boyz for really wanting to play a pic, sax, or a clarinet.

I have twins and my son (Vernon) can play the clarinet if he choses and my daughter (Allyson) can play the Tuba if she choses. I will proudly go down to the music store and drop what ever money needs to be dropped to purchase the instruments and show up at every musical concert to support them.

I don't know, but I have YET to see a female jazz person to play the flute or clarinet. Everytime a watch a concert on BETJ, its a male.

TBone2 said:
Do males play the clarinet because they know females don't HAZE like males?

You just don't know!!!! Sometimes, it's the FEMALES you need to worry about when trying to get in a band!

CriTAUcal said:
You just don't know!!!! Sometimes, it's the FEMALES you need to worry about when trying to get in a band!

I caught more hell from the females in my section, than the males :smh: having flashbacks

Da_Sperm said:
I have twins and my son (Vernon) can play the clarinet if he choses and my daughter (Allyson) can play the Tuba if she choses. I will proudly go down to the music store and drop what ever money needs to be dropped to purchase the instruments and show up at every musical concert to support them.

I don't know, but I have YET to see a female jazz person to play the flute or clarinet. Everytime a watch a concert on BETJ, its a male.

DAYuM RIgHT!!! Real men make twins!!!

I'm wit you though. Imma be st every concert, symphony, footbal game, parade or whatever else(Hopefully...). Like I said, it would be GREAT if they decide to follow our foot steps, but if not, OH WELL! Music is music. She can play the gallon jug and him the wash board, as long as they are comitted.

Back