Ma'Khia Bryant

Saw a lot of cop apologists on Facebook so not surprised to see the same over here
Not a cop apologist just using common sense. The young lady called the cops but she decided to try and handle the situation herself. She should have stayed in the house and waited for the cops to arrive. If he had done nothing and the young lady in pink was stabbed to death, then people would say he was wrong for not doing anything.

Not a cop apologist just using common sense. The young lady called the cops but she decided to try and handle the situation herself. She should have stayed in the house and waited for the cops to arrive. If he had done nothing and the young lady in pink was stabbed to death, then people would say he was wrong for not doing anything.

People only see a cop killing a black girl. They don’t see a black girl with a knife who called police while she was inside her home come outside and start fighting with the cops there and attempt to stab another black girl that was walking away with a dog.

I think it is understandable that a lot of people aren't defending or justifying the officer shooting the girl (despite her being in the process of attacking someone else with a knife) because we, as Black people, have been through way too much trauma with law enforcement. That historical perspective matters a lot in the responses.

Is that shooting justified? I can't say it is because I've read the girl who ended up dying called the people because other girls older than her showed up to her house to attack her. If that's true, then we'd have to ask why have police often ended up killing or harming people who've called them for help?

Personally, I think an officer deciding to shoot a citizen should be a last resort, especially during encounters with young people. But far too often it isn't. I don't see why that officer had to shoot that girl four times.

I think it is understandable that a lot of people aren't defending or justifying the officer shooting the girl (despite her being in the process of attacking someone else with a knife) because we, as Black people, have been through way too much trauma with law enforcement. That historical perspective matters a lot in the responses.

Is that shooting justified? I can't say it is because I've read the girl who ended up dying called the people because other girls older than her showed up to her house to attack her. If that's true, then we'd have to ask why have police often ended up killing or harming people who've called them for help?

Personally, I think an officer deciding to shoot a citizen should be a last resort, especially during encounters with young people. But far too often it isn't. I don't see why that officer had to shoot that girl four times.

Kendrick....it's like stated earlier those girls who were there to fight her should be charged with aggravated assault and manslaughter because has they not been at her house to fight she might have been alive.

I can agree with your assessment concerning why blacks feel the way they do in this situation.

Yet, it was noted and witnessed by neighbors that she was in the home when she called police behind closed doors and that the police knocked on the door and she answered. She had the cops on here side. The witnesses also stated that the other cops was were trying to round up all the girls harassing her to arrest them. When the cop showed up that killed her the folks on tape calling him a racist were her people.

I just don't understand why she didn't stay in her home.

It was girls and grown women who showed up. She pulled out a knife to defend herself and she was dead within seconds of the officer showing up on the scene. The video proves this

Yet this guy put the cop in the hospital yet was apprehended ALIVE.

It was girls and grown women who showed up. She pulled out a knife to defend herself and she was dead within seconds of the officer showing up on the scene. The video proves this

Dead seconds after the THIRD officer arrived on the scene. I still say one shot was enough to nullify the threat.

Precisely. Can't agree with everything just because they black.

It's wrong to do this. It's a difference to state your opinion about the decision the police officer made but to comment on things outside of that is wrong.

The foster family stuff was mentioned in some of the articles when thins happened. Now the birthday part is new.

And that is the question folks want an answer to. Far too many times we have seen White Guys SHOW OUT in front of and to a cop and still go home.

The foster family stuff was mentioned in some of the articles when thins happened. Now the birthday part is new.

And that is the question folks want an answer to. Far too many times we have seen White Guys SHOW OUT in front of and to a cop and still go home.
The bold part

So let's just say that the girl in pink was stabbed and died....what would your response be? I mean she is black also and the video showed he walking away with a dog with no weapon.

According to what I heard on the video, she was stopped by a teacher. She didn't have interaction with the police until she had been disarmed.

It is crazy as hell for us to think these people are going to treat us any different than they do.

Get that dayum money! Live life with some, put the rest back in the struggle, and keep building. And if we still have some of us who want to be martyrs, take some of them with you. We should be tired of other folks just whipping our asses, but when one of our own looks at us wrong or steps on a dayum tennis shoe we're ready to destroy them! That is crazy as hell and the best way to help with crazy is to get mental health help.

I'm not worried about anyone else right now but us. This is something we need and have never gotten. Our actions and lack there of show that we need help.

Back