LSU's Tony Upchurch to Texas Southern

Asberry won 2 of the past 4 classics and Ramsey had it won in 2011 before PV had 2 late TDs and the Johnie Cole teams played good defense in the classic, just not enough offense...it's been competitive, where have you been?
I know the classic has been neck and neck but Im talking about both teams providing competition for the west!

Reason why it's not consistent? Labor Day classic...you lose that game and it's hard to play catch up.....
I said months ago that in 2017 the LDC wil be the SWAC championship game. Some of you really have no idea what's going on in TX. The new facilities @ pv gives them a slight edge with these young materialistic kids, but Haywood is really leveraging his relationships.

Exactly... Lawd now they have a talented FB and Griffin... Im sure Shannon is smiling big. Shannon is not a big TE guy. He likes to run the FB. FBs mattered in his system when he was at JSU. When Assberry took over, the pretty much replaced the FB w a TE.
Pssst....pssst....Shannon was one and done.

Haywood is really leveraging his relationships.

Those are NOT drones flying over sTu llol. They're mechanical pigeons just off their course from downtown lol :D . Yeh, we got that good eye on what's going on @ sTu. ::read:: We're not stupid out in the sticks.

Last edited:
Sounds like wherever they put him, this dude will be fun to play against. Who wants a boring LDC?

Stop calling it a classic, first. It's just a bragging rights football game. There is nothing "classic" about playing football that day.

Stop calling it a classic, first. It's just a bragging rights football game. There is nothing "classic" about playing football that day.
What?!! When I hear PV and Txsu match up I think instant classic. Pv coming along Txsu new coach it scream electricity!!

I feel like this is your way of belittling TSU, which kills me because yall PV ppl are like the ghetto faboulous friend who thinks they are above everybody else when really you aint shit either! Its a classic...ask anybody in Houston who is familiar with the game...they call it Labor Day Classic...the radio stations, the local bars, the old heads.smh
Its a classics that we have kicked yalls asses in more times than yall have us

Nice response Last_outlaw. Par for your course. I did not belittle sTu or PV by saying the game is not a classic. Revisit my quoted words if you are capable of reading for comprehension. Maybe you should attend a classic before commenting and sounding dumb as hell over the world wide. It's just a football game between 2 schools that are 40 miles from each other. There is nothing "classical" about that game smh. Absolutely nothing. Enjoy your visit to our campus and don't break laws. Law enforcement will be in heavy presence that day and illicit behavior will not be tolerated.

What?!! When I hear PV and Txsu match up I think instant classic. Pv coming along Txsu new coach it scream electricity!!
Bruh, that game is not a classic game. It is a SWAC W matchup, that's all. There are zero events surrounding that game that would promote it as a "classic." I've attended classics in DC, NY, California, Indiana, Ohio, & Dallas. I know the extended hoopla surrounding those games. PV & sTu are just opponents who are matched up over a holiday w/e lol. Period.

Bruh, that game is not a classic game. It is a SWAC W matchup, that's all. There are zero events surrounding that game that would promote it as a "classic." I've attended classics in DC, NY, California, Indiana, Ohio, & Dallas. I know the extended hoopla surrounding those games. PV & sTu are just opponents who are matched up over a holiday w/e lol. Period.
You mean to tell me PV and Txsu when it was at Reliant Stadium didn't produce not a concert.

You mean to tell me PV and Txsu when it was at Reliant Stadium didn't produce not a concert.
You are being funny mane. C'mon now. It is just a game. Go see game. Go home afterwards lol. There is/was absolutely nothing remotely attractive occurring post-game. Unless Chachos tacos counts lol.

its a risky move moving the game considering how fickle both bases are once October hits but TSU's is a little more fickle than PV's as PV's fans have hung around until homecoming at least

you play it last and both teams are struggling, failure, you play it midway, both teams are struggling..failure...you play it at the beginning and at least there's optimism but the losing team's fans disappear after that...even if one team is winning can one fanbase make up for the other team's apathy?

I love how TSU fans brag on the record considering they were playing mostly walks ons from 89-03..you were supposed to win...duh

its a risky move moving the game considering how fickle both bases are once October hits but TSU's is a little more fickle than PV's as PV's fans have hung around until homecoming at least

you play it last and both teams are struggling, failure, you play it midway, both teams are struggling..failure...you play it at the beginning and at least there's optimism but the losing team's fans disappear after that...even if one team is winning can one fanbase make up for the other team's apathy?

I love how TSU fans brag on the record considering they were playing mostly walks ons from 89-03..you were supposed to win...duh
There are few of us around to remember why the game was moved to the beginning of the season and the reason you have stated is why. Though it is a rivalry game, it did not draw flies once the novelty of playing in the Astrodome wore off. Until we can get sTu folk to support regardless of record, the safe bet is to leave the game where it is. I remember playing PV in the Dome with BBVA type numbers in attendance. That game (played at the end of the season) always lost money no matter who the home team was.

Back