LSU's Tony Upchurch to Texas Southern

Last_outlaw

Former four-star recruit Tony Upchurch has decided to transfer from LSU to Texas Southern University, NOLA.com reported on Monday.

After spending last season playing as a fullback and appearing in eight games, Upchurch was moved back to wide receiver, the position he was recruited for out of high school.

"I'm glad LSU showed me things I didn't know and made me a better man," Upchurch posted online.

The 6’1, 242-pound redshirt sophomore from Pearland, Tex. did not plan to figure prominently into the receiving rotation for the 2016 season. The Tigers will rely heavily on the legs of running back Leonard Fournette, and are deep at the wide receiver position with the likes of Malachi Dupre, Travin Dural and Tyron Johnson all expected to play major minutes.
http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fci-prod%2F2016%2F04%2F18%2F20160418190630_les_miles_jpg

Coming out of high school, Upchurch was ranked the 32nd best player in the state of Texas, where, as a senior, he caught 62 passes for 897 yards and six touchdowns while also rushing for 347 yards and six touchdowns.

The announcement to transfer comes after Upchurch missed the last week of spring practice and LSU's' spring game this past Saturday.

The Tigers are coming off an up-and-down 2015 season that saw them start 7-0 before losing their next three, and ending with a bowl win against Texas Tech. The job status of head coach Les Miles seemed in jeopardy after the three consecutive losses, but he would eventually be retained for his 12th year in charge of LSU. LSU will enter the fall as a media darling expected to reach the College Football Playoff.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They dude dayum well he couldn't play WR anymore... LOL They wanted him to leave... I hope TSU puts him at at FB.

They screwed over him. Made him move from WR to FB, gain damn near 30 lbs, and buried him on the depth chart.

Exactly... Lawd now they have a talented FB and Griffin... Im sure Shannon is smiling big. Shannon is not a big TE guy. He likes to run the FB. FBs mattered in his system when he was at JSU. When Assberry took over, the pretty much replaced the FB w a TE.

Exactly... Lawd now they have a talented FB and Griffin... Im sure Shannon is smiling big. Shannon is not a big TE guy. He likes to run the FB. FBs mattered in his system when he was at JSU. When Assberry took over, the pretty much replaced the FB w a TE.

Shannon is not their OC.

He played at Pearland Dawson. TSU should be getting a good player. I am not sure what his position he will be playing though.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Im sure Shannon is smiling big. Shannon is not a big TE guy. He likes to run the FB. FBs mattered in his system when he was at JSU. When Assberry took over, the pretty much replaced the FB w a TE.

Who? Shannon?

Same thing I was thinking C,. Who the heck is Shannon? Then I saw the comment coming from tp and I just lmao. One more perfect example that some people just post out their azz, with no clue or care about truth or reality.

Yep my plan all along have him go to LSU get beefed up and bring him back to my TXSO to skull drag the rest of you all over the south....Hehehehe!

Say what yall want but I believe the SWAC is about get interesting! We need a competitive PV and TSU! I mean just look at what TSU has done for basketball...hosting the Final Four...actually putting the SWAC on a different level that some of yalls conference championships have yet to do! A competative SWAC conference is needed! Labor Day Classic should be interesting!

There is storm getting ready to come out of sTu. Everyone better beware. Haywood is the best hire since Rod Broadway in the HBCU world.
That's really not saying much. Not many of the coaches hired across the conference were really worth a damn. Things seem to be getting better now. But for a while the SWAC was really stinking things up.

Say what yall want but I believe the SWAC is about get interesting! We need a competitive PV and TSU! I mean just look at what TSU has done for basketball...hosting the Final Four...actually putting the SWAC on a different level that some of yalls conference championships have yet to do! A competative SWAC conference is needed! Labor Day Classic should be interesting!

Asberry won 2 of the past 4 classics and Ramsey had it won in 2011 before PV had 2 late TDs and the Johnie Cole teams played good defense in the classic, just not enough offense...it's been competitive, where have you been?

Back