Lowell Narcisse is Transferring. Will He Look at an HBCU?

Noboday said Saban wasn't a legend. But when it comes down to Urban vs Saban in a championship, I'm riding with Urban.
Saban has been a more consistent championship contender at Bama, but Urban has excellent records at all 4 schools that he's coached at.

I sort of see what you’re saying but I’m not betting against Saban.
It really depends on the level of QB play for Urban. If he has a true dual threat QB that can put the ball in the right spot, he can beat Saban as those QBs always give Saban's defense fits. Both of their records are insane. I believe Meyer has won 90% of his games at Ohio State.

Young man must be pretty talented. This should discourage Black recruits from signing with LSU.
It should, but as long as these kids are being directed by coaches and/or family members who are looking for the come up instead of the best situation for the student/athlete, change may be slow. Sad the kid got caught up in rule change limbo.

Tight end. Les thought Dak should be a TE and Dak was determined to play QB.

That’s nothing new though. As far as I’m concerned, LSU hasn’t been good at QB for 25 years or more. Whether it’s due to recruiting the wrong type of QBs for the system or not being able to coach them properly, all of those guys - even back to Rohan Davey - have been mediocre to me.

KT was lucky they evaluated him wrong too. He was definitely the better QB in Louisiana that year, but he still wouldn’t have gotten the coaching he has gotten and will get at MSU. KT is better off.

LSU is a QB graveyard. I’m not sure why any talented QB would go there.

#preach

And Saban has won 5 championships while going through the SEC. Meyer, while a great head coach in his own right, blew opportunities to win more national titles at Ohio State by losing to lesser talented teams like Iowa and Michigan State.

Bama lost to Ole Piss a couple of times but they found they way in.

I said that from day 1 Thompson was the better QB. How you recruit a QB that tore his ACL his junior and senior season in the first game of the year over Thompson. Lsu problem is they don’t recruit the best QB, they just sign the best athlete, and think it will work out.

Thompson is starting again this weekend due to Fitzgerald's indiscretions.

Last edited:
It's a common practice. Race is not a factor.

It might be common practice at most Power 5 Conference schools, but add this to the list of other problems LSU's Black players encounter year after year, such as legal problems, then race could quite possibly be a factor. It seems like just before the start of every football season, a few of LSU's Black football players are kicked off the team due to some legal troubles. IMO, the racial culture around LSU and its Black football players don't mix that well. I think a lot of their Black football players don't realize that they are primarily there to play football and that's it, whereas a few LSU followers/fans think that they (LSU's Black football players) should not go beyond the boundaries of socializing with the traditional racial culture at LSU. It's my understanding that when Shaq was at LSU, he spent a great deal of his time socializing in and around Southern's campus. Baton Rouge's metro area is quite interesting, especially the Livingston Parish area just east of East Baton Rouge Parish. There's a reason why some in the St. George area in East Baton Rouge Parish wants to incorporate the area into its own city and a lot of it has to do with the racial demographics in East Baton Rouge Parish.

Last edited:
It might be common practice at most Power 5 Conference schools, but add this to the list of other problems LSU's Black players encounter year after year, such as legal problems, then race could quite possibly be a factor. It seems like just before the start of every football season, a few of LSU's Black football players are kicked off the team due to some legal troubles. IMO, the racial culture around LSU and its Black football players don't mix that well. I think a lot of their Black football players don't realize that they are primarily there to play football and that's it, whereas a few LSU followers/fans think that they (LSU's Black football players) should not go beyond the boundaries of socializing with the traditional racial culture at LSU. It's my understanding that when Shaq was at LSU, he spent a great deal of his time socializing in and around Southern's campus. Baton Rouge's metro area is quite interesting, especially the Livingston Parish area just east of East Baton Rouge Parish. There's a reason why some in the St. George area in East Baton Rouge Parish wants to incorporate the area into its own city and a lot of it has to do with the racial demographics in East Baton Rouge Parish.

Baton Rouge is a majority Black city with its second consecutive Black mayor. The police chief is also Black. The metro city council has 5 Black members with 12 total members overall. I could go on and on. I'm Black and I'm from Scotlandville. I'm also an LSU alum. I ain't trying to hear no Black liberal, professional victim jive talk that Black LSU football players are set up to fail. If you are ignorant, have a poor familial support system, don't value education and humanity you will likely run into serious problems in life including if you are a Black LSU football player. Stop trying to put the onus on these guys having legal troubles onto LSU or Baton Rouge and put it on those players themselves and their families. Furthermore, for every Black player at LSU that gets into trouble many more never get into trouble including Marcus Spears, Michael Clayton, Odell Beckham, Trev Faulk, Brady James, Devery Henderson, etc. But, guess what? Those players I've mentioned many of them came from solid families. The destruction of the Black family which occurred post 1960s and not because of slavery is why we see so many Blacks especially Black men in legal troubles. If you're from a single parent home you're 5 times more likely to be incarcerated sometime during your life. Therefore, until we rebuild the Black family and take care of our communities I'm not trying to hear some "blame Whitey" stuff.

And, I'm quite aware of Livingston Parish's racist reputation. But, guess what? Blacks are flocking to Livingston Parish. Why is that? Because Black folks know they are more incline to be harmed by our own kind than any White person in Livingston Parish. We gotta clean up our own house and then educated Blacks will move back into our historic Black communities.

Lastly, I'm a former teacher in East Baton Rouge Parish. I taught at a middle school and a high school. True story. My first year teaching I was at a middle school. At open house of the 72 students I taught in total only 3 parents came to open house. This was at a virtually all Black school. So, until the lowest common denominator in our community values education they will always be food for pathologies. With that said, I can't be upset with those in St. George who know they can have a good school system and educate their kids better by leaving East Baton Rouge. Hell, more Blacks need to start an independent school district if they think they can do a better job educating Black kids.

Last edited:

Baton Rouge is a majority Black city with its second consecutive Black mayor. The police chief is also Black. The metro city council has 5 Black members with 12 total members overall. I could go on and on. I'm Black and I'm from Scotlandville. I'm also an LSU alum. I ain't trying to hear no Black liberal, professional victim jive talk that Black LSU football players are set up to fail. If you are ignorant, have a poor familial support system, don't value education and humanity you will likely run into serious problems in life including if you are a Black LSU football player. Stop trying to put the onus on these guys having legal troubles onto LSU or Baton Rouge and put it on those players themselves and their families. Furthermore, for every Black player at LSU that gets into trouble many more never get into trouble including Marcus Spears, Michael Clayton, Odell Beckham, Trev Faulk, Brady James, Devery Henderson, etc. But, guess what? Those players I've mentioned many of them came from solid families. The destruction of the Black family which occurred post 1960s and not because of slavery is why we see so many Blacks especially Black men in legal troubles. If you're from a single parent home you're 5 times more likely to be incarcerated sometime during your life. Therefore, until we rebuild the Black family and take care of our communities I'm not trying to hear some "blame Whitey" stuff.

And, I'm quite aware of Livingston Parish's racist reputation. But, guess what? Blacks are flocking to Livingston Parish. Why is that? Because Black folks know they are more incline to be harmed by our own kind than any White person in Livingston Parish. We gotta clean up our own house and then educated Blacks will move back into our historic Black communities.

Lastly, I'm a former teacher in East Baton Rouge Parish. I taught at a middle school and a high school. True story. My first year teaching I was at a middle school. At open house of the 72 students I taught in total only 3 parents came to open house. This was at a virtually all Black school. So, until the lowest common denominator in our community values education they will always be food for pathologies. With that said, I can't be upset with those in St. George who know they can have a good school system and educate their kids better by leaving East Baton Rouge. Hell, more Blacks need to start an independent school district if they think they can do a better job educating Black kids.

I agree with everything you said, but you failed to see the reason why Black people are the way they are. It's almost like you woke up today and found a world in chaos due to Black people's ignorance and stupidity. And to correct you, not once I typed anything saying that I blamed 'Whitey', but to help you understand the socioeconomic demise of Black people in Baton Rouge and America as a whole, you need to understand the total history of Black people in this country, from slavery to present day. Black people didn't come to this country by their own will. After being forced here, our ancestors were made to endure some of the harshest human conditions in the world during slavery or what some would like call 'The Black Holocaust'. Even after slavery had ended, Black people were brutally treated by racist Whites in order to keep them suppressed and uneducated. Present day, Black people are still being brutally treated, but this time by a system that was designed to keep them ignorant and uneducated. The breakdown of the Black family is due to their economic dependency of the same system that keeps them ignorant, stupid, and uneducated. All humans are born with a brain that is designed for humans to think for themselves or human self-sufficiency. But when a whole race of people are told for centuries that they SHALL NOT think for themselves and SHALL only work for others, you end up with today's Black communities. Basically communities where everyone else (Whites, Asians, etc.) use their brains to benefit off of those (Black people in particular) who have been forced for centuries to not think for themselves, which is one of the main reasons why talented Black football players accept PWI's over HBCU's. Like most Black people in this country, they have been CONDITIONED to think that they are better off being around White people, such as LSU's Black football players, while not realizing that a lot of their socioeconomic problems stem from the same people who they assume treats them better. The only way this cycle can be broken and turned around, Black people in America would have to stop seeing the socioeconomic lifestyle of White people as their only means of survival in America and aggressively start developing their OWN brains to think for themselves. Also, starting a Black independent school district won't do any good if Black people remain the same in other areas. In order for Black people to become aware of their own ability as being self-sufficient people, Black people would have to completely disassociate themselves from other parts of the system that holds them back. For example, one can't have a SUCCESSFUL independent school system without having a SUCCESSFUL independent social welfare system and vice-versa. The two systems are intertwined. As the late Dr. Frances Cress Welsing best put it, it's a global system of White Supremacy that suppress people of color worldwide with individuals of close African origins being its primary target.

Last edited:
Also, I would like to add, I worked as a design engineer on Livingston Parish's utility infrastructure (water, sewer, natural gas, etc,) improvements. Walker, LA main source of revenue is it vast natural gas system that covers a large portion of Livingston Parish and southern Mississippi. A lot of Livingston Parish's infrastructure improvements were paid for by federal and state tax dollars. There's a reason why Livingston Parish has become an attractive place to live.

The City of Walker's gas system is the second largest municipal-owned gas system in the state of Louisiana, providing service for 7,000 customers. The Gas Department maintains existing gas lines, constructs new lines and connects new establishments.

http://walker.la.us/node/9

Last edited:
Back