Lowell Narcisse is Transferring. Will He Look at an HBCU?

I read a quote from Lowell Narcisse and he said Coach O told him he needs a QB that is ready now. I gotta respect Coach O for telling the guy the truth. If this season is rough Coach O may be out of a job.

Last edited:
Wondering if this is a talent question or a racial thing with these two. Hopefully it's not the latter because If it is, LSU football will decline (just wondering). Neither of them has been vocal about any type of displeasure thus far but see below:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_efa30496-a092-11e8-b8c4-b7936bf6ec89.html

"Racial thing?" Man, you know as I know LSU has started some of the saddest Black QBs in SEC history. And, you think this is racial?

"Racial thing?" Man, you know as I know LSU has started some of the saddest Black QBs in SEC history. And, you think this is racial?

Not under Coach O. He hasn't been there but for two minutes. BTW, not sure those QB(s) that pre-dated Coach O was "sad." I believe there was previous OC(s) that were below par.

Lsu’s Last 5 black QB’s have left. You tell me.

I am certainly concerned relating to Coach O (otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up). I don't feel like Saban and Miles had that issue.

I don't feel like he and his staff worked hard enough to get that kid from Algiers/Landry-Walker that is now at Mississippi State. Keytaon Thompson. I believe he is better than anyone that is on LSU roster right now.

I am certainly concerned relating to Coach O (otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up). I don't feel like Saban and Miles had that issue.

I don't feel like he and his staff worked hard enough to get that kid from Algiers/Landry-Walker that is now at Mississippi State. Keytaon Thompson. I believe he is better than anyone that is on LSU roster right now.

You know and I know Coach O is on the hot seat. If he screws up this season it's likely he's gone. He can't afford to groom a QB for two seasons. I think that's why Narcisse said O told him he needs a QB who's ready now. And, if O fails the AD is getting fired with him.

And, it's even more pressure on O and Alleva now that Jimbo is at A&M. I really believe this is it for O. If he fails we might see Lane Kiffin in BR. You know Lane proclaims to be a born again Christian now. Lane is about to get another big time job.

You know and I know Coach O is on the hot seat. If he screws up this season it's likely he's gone. He can't afford to groom a QB for two seasons. I think that's why Narcisse said O told him he needs a QB who's ready now. And, if O fails the AD is getting fired with him.

I am not sure that these two QB(s) need anymore grooming than the two that are still there. For his and the sake of the program, I hope he made the correct and objective assessment. I'm not sure I like the direction LSU program is going in. However, I will sit back, watch and reserve judgement.

I am not sure that these two QB(s) need anymore grooming than the two that are still there. For his and the sake of the program, I hope he made the correct and objective assessment. I'm not sure I like the direction LSU program is going in. However, I will sit back, watch and reserve judgement.

Yep his job is on the line.

And, it's even more pressure on O and Alleva now that Jimbo is at A&M. I really believe this is it for O. If he fails we might see Lane Kiffin in BR. You know Lane proclaims to be a born again Christian now. Lane is about to get another big time job.

Honestly, I would like to see Lane Kiffin in BR over what is there now (keep the DC).

The program is trending downward. No doubt about that. Recruiting where it counts on the offensive and defensive lines has been average to poor under O and in the latter Miles years wasn't that good either. There definitely needs to be a hire of someone like Lane Kiffin who could finally give the offense an identity and who can recruit.

Which makes you ask yourself, is JUCO ball really that much better than HBCU ball?

It's not about the talent at the juco level. It's just a stepping stone as they don't have to deal with the type of classes they would have to take a D1 HBCU vs at a juco. It's like going to a independent minor league team. You're there just to keep your game going and stay in shape before moving on.

I said that from day 1 Thompson was the better QB. How you recruit a QB that tore his ACL his junior and senior season in the first game of the year over Thompson. Lsu problem is they don’t recruit the best QB, they just sign the best athlete, and think it will work out.

Urban Myer, LSU folks can’t stand Kiffin.

Back