Let's Talk Colin Kaepernick

I believe Kap will get a deal with a team but come on. Blaine Gabbert got signed before Kap and Kap took his job last year.

Kap has been training and working out five days a week . Doesn't sound like a man who isn't anticipating not playing football this upcoming season.

We know the obvious reasons. We know he wants to play and we all know if he was white, he would have been signed months ago.

Kaep hasn't signed yet, but it has never been reported that teams haven't been in contact with him. A part of me says that it's more of a money thing- Kaep may not be willing to take QB2 money (between $2.5M and $5M). And there were rumors about him being a bad or divisive teammate in the past. Then the realistic side of me thinks it is what it's always has been- no one wants that kind of controversy. I think he'll find a middle ground with some organization and get signed. I wouldn't say he's being full out blackballed now that I put some more thought into it.

But yes, it's pitiful to watch guys like Blaine Gabbert get a deal. And then we see guys getting signed who have had domestic violence charges and DUI convictions.

Kaep hasn't signed yet, but it has never been reported that teams haven't been in contact with him. A part of me says that it's more of a money thing- Kaep may not be willing to take QB2 money (between $2.5M and $5M). And there were rumors about him being a bad or divisive teammate in the past. Then the realistic side of me thinks it is what it's always has been- no one wants that kind of controversy. I think he'll find a middle ground with some organization and get signed. I wouldn't say he's being full out blackballed now that I put some more thought into it.

But yes, it's pitiful to watch guys like Blaine Gabbert get a deal. And then we see guys getting signed who have had domestic violence charges and DUI convictions.
No actually he has said himself that teams have NOT been in contact with him.

Plus his teammates in SF just this past season gave him an award. Not a bad teammate.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/...ut-colin-kaepernick-and-why-its-worth-asking/

A source tells me that Kaepernick to this point has had no serious talks with any team about a contract and has had no meetings, which means he has not demanded a starting role or a $10M salary or a $5M salary or any of the other things circulating among the NFL gossip mill recently.

There is zero evidence that any team has come anywhere close to signing Kaepernick, and a source close to Kaepernick told me yesterday that they have not discussed even general money terms with anybody this offseason.

And Kaepernick is not demanding a guaranteed starting role. How could he if he hasn’t had a single serious conversation with a team?

Black Leaders need to be speaking out against this injustice with NFL owners purpsosely blackballing Kap....when you really analyze the whole situation it's DISGUSTING.

You know why....MONEY.
Say it again!

And add in they don't want to upset certain blacks. I mean if you bring LOGIC into this and ask-

How do guys who fail drug tests, cheat on games, beat women, try to cover up murders, stay arrested and so on can get jobs.

But this guy can't. Even if you don't agree with HOW he protested-he broke no laws and was already socially active with his foundation already established before Trayvon was killed.

But you so-called black leaders don't want to say that.

We have Black leaders?

We do and not the attention whores who feed fools Kool Aid of being woke. Real leaders are not looking for attention or awards in other countries or cherry pick rage.

How do guys who fail drug tests, cheat on games, beat women, try to cover up murders, stay arrested and so on can get jobs.

But this guy can't. Even if you don't agree with HOW he protested-he broke no laws and was already socially active with his foundation already established before Trayvon was killed.

But you so-called black leaders don't want to say that.

We do and not the attention whores who feed fools Kool Aid of being woke. Real leaders are not looking for attention or awards in other countries or cherry pick rage.

My thing is has this happened:

1. Interview on CNN
2. Sit down with Oprah
3. ESPN 30 for 30 focusing on race in professional sports from Kap's perspective

Nobody wants to touch it because they feel unpatriotic for doing so. Patriotic to me means protecting those who cannot protect themselves and Kap is using his name as a platform.

My thing is has this happened:

1. Interview on CNN
2. Sit down with Oprah
3. ESPN 30 for 30 focusing on race in professional sports from Kap's perspective

Nobody wants to touch it because they feel unpatriotic for doing so. Patriotic to me means protecting those who cannot protect themselves and Kap is using his name as a platform.

Folks are talking about it and writing about it, but that won't change the hearts and minds of NFL teams.

Kap is being treated no different than any outspoken black athlete.

To all my pro black folks on this site, are you going to boycott watching the NFL this season because they won't pick up Kap?

Folks are talking about it and writing about it, but that won't change the hearts and minds of NFL teams.

Kap is being treated no different than any outspoken black athlete.

I feel you and agree...yet you have mainstream black people like Oprah who should interview him. Yet, she stays away from these subjects now. Yes it is controversial but it's real.

Oprah can't do anything, man. Nobody can.

Yes people can. See the so called black leaders pulled away because they know their pockets are filled by the white consumer. I would bet a dollar against a dime that if he was not standing because of LGBT Rights he would have been signed..

Yes people can. See the so called black leaders pulled away because they know their pockets are filled by the white consumer. I would bet a dollar against a dime that if he was not standing because of LGBT Rights he would have been signed..

Nah. No sports league really takes kind to activism like that.

They can get away with it because you have a league that is the longest running women basket ball league in history.

Also that is a league who is held hostage by its players-who have no trouble sitting out the season or staying overseas. Because they make more money overseas.

And you have two side to that LGBT & female rights. So it's hard to fight against both of those.

To all my pro black folks on this site, are you going to boycott watching the NFL this season because they won't pick up Kap?

I didn't watch last year so it won't be an issue for me to ignore it again.

These negroes like this need to be isolated

Yall see how we hard we are fighting for the cacs smh

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell maintains the league has no role in Colin Kaepernick remaining an unsigned free agent heading into the 2017 season.

According to Luke Jones of WNST, Goodell said that each of the 32 teams has made a "football decision" to avoid signing the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback.

"He can't be [blackballed] because we're not," Goodell said, per Jones. "The clubs are making those individual evaluations."

The 29-year-old is coming off a solid individual season for the 49ers, throwing 16 touchdowns with four interceptions in 12 games (11 starts). He also added 468 rushing yards and two touchdowns. However, he has become a divisive figure in the sports landscape because of his decision to kneel during the national anthem as part of a protest against police brutality.

Several teams have at least considered signing Kaepernick over the course of the offseason, with the Seattle Seahawks bringing him in for a visit before going in another direction.

Baltimore especially needs help at quarterback with starter Joe Flacco currently dealing with a back injury that might keep him out three to six weeks, per Ian Rapoportof NFL Network.

There are still other options if the Ravens don't sign Kaepernick, and things can certainly change if there are injuries in training camp or the preseason

Roger Goodell: Colin Kaepernick Isn't Being Blackballed, Is a Football Decision

Back