Let's Talk Colin Kaepernick

Race

I read where Gabbert dude has signed.

Let's be real if one was to say skill set, outta the 30 starting QBs, do you think all 30 are better than CK?

Hell it aint but 3-5 really good QBs in this league anyway, the rest are pure ass/trash

Do you think it's race or skill set that is keeping him from being signed?
Race & display of public strength.

It's easy for a qb to look good when they have a committed OL, WRs that will grab everything thrown in their direction, & great mix of playcalling fueling the success of the qb (great run game + great pass plays). I don't think Kaep had all that and he is being victimized by the good ol' boys of the no fun league due to his righteous public stance.

I believe half of the stiffs pretending to be pocket-passers do not have 1/4th the ability of Kaep yet they continue to play the "game" of trolling the sidelines w/ clipboard in tow sniffing powder behind the scenes. :D

It's him taking the political stance.if it was about him being black, you wouldn't see Joe Mixon in the league. Dede Westbrook in the league or all these other guys who ran afoul of the law. Even Michael Vick got multiple opportunities after spending time in the pen. Teams pick and choose what who they want to deal with.

Last edited:
I think it's race along with the stance he took. I believe the stance he took was correct, yet, the folks willing to write him a paycheck thought otherwise. It's terrible really because you have a white guy who gets drunk and calls people racist words getting another chance. What disturbs me most is that we have African American commentators that are unwilling to address what is in plain site. Probably because of the same reason.

This also goes to the point of Monique in small talk....we have African Americans with money but choose to make investments in certain arenas with the exception of the one area where a number of African Americans become millionaires...which is athletics.

Last edited:
Its race no thought process in this at all. Race and his stance. I felt he should have never opted out the contract and made the 49ers cut him. That way he would have even more fire power in this situation. But as people have said before The NFL powerful and Kap don't have enough supporters to say what this situation really is. The mainstream media even knows it but won't step up to say anything.

Backup QB with political opinions that cause some team supporters to object VS backup QB without the overhead. For them, it's simple. I personally support him overall but totally understand why it is hard for him to get signed.

Its race no thought process in this at all. Race and his stance. I felt he should have never opted out the contract and made the 49ers cut him. That way he would have even more fire power in this situation. But as people have said before The NFL powerful and Kap don't have enough supporters to say what this situation really is. The mainstream media even knows it but won't step up to say anything.
Bottom line is.......if Kap was balling and/or had been balling, he would get a contract ("TALENT"). Gabbert and the many other regurgitated backups of the NFL will get the benefit of privilege and consideration that the Black Man in America doesn't have the default luxury of enjoying ("RACE"). I'm a longtime 49er fan, and I too wish he hadn't opted out. He lost money in the deal. The league is a business and he didn't make the best business decision with the contract. I respect him for taking a stance, but knowing how quickly conditions change, he could have protected himself with the contract and subsequent payout/buyout.

Kap backed out of his deal in SF because he was given every indication by the team that he was going to be cut once the season ended.

Restructuring the deal that was already on the books gave the franchise leverage. If they were ultimately going to cut him, his existing contract provided him additional financial protection.

Backup QB with political opinions that cause some team supporters to object VS backup QB without the overhead. For them, it's simple. I personally support him overall but totally understand why it is hard for him to get signed.
But is he really a backup QB? There might be about 10 QB's that Kaep can outplay, but they are starting. Truth be told, Kaep wasn't all that bad when he did start last season. The Niners were just a terrible team.

But is he really a backup QB? There might be about 10 QB's that Kaep can outplay, but they are starting. Truth be told, Kaep wasn't all that bad when he did start last season. The Niners were just a terrible team.
From a strictly football prespective, he may be better than some starters. Most owners won't take the risk to find out. That's the catch.

Right now he is better than half of the QBs in the NFL. Texans, Jets, Browns, Bears, Rams and Cardinals need a QB plus as quietly as it is kept, his numbers were better than elite QBs like Brees, Rivers and Manning (as far as TD/INT etc.). He was literally throwing to no one this past season.

We know it is about race but we know ESPN won't say it for the most part

From a strictly football prespective, he may be better than some starters. Most owners won't take the risk to find out. That's the catch.

Right now he is better than half of the QBs in the NFL. Texans, Jets, Browns, Bears, Rams and Cardinals need a QB plus as quietly as it is kept, his numbers were better than elite QBs like Brees, Rivers and Manning (as far as TD/INT etc.). He was literally throwing to no one this past season.

You all are making good points! We know that they get opportunities that we never get. Geno Smith was traded to the Giants and then a QB was drafted anyway and they were cheering like Geno is not even on the roster. You talk about race, here is another one, the UNC QB was considered the best in the draft, when we all knew that Deshaun was the best.

But I wonder if his passion for helping others is bigger than playing football?

You all are making good points! We know that they get opportunities that we never get. Geno Smith was traded to the Giants and then a QB was drafted anyway and they were cheering like Geno is not even on the roster. You talk about race, here is another one, the UNC QB was considered the best in the draft, when we all knew that Deshaun was the best.

But I wonder if his passion for helping others is bigger than playing football?

Kap has been training and working out five days a week . Doesn't sound like a man who isn't anticipating not playing football this upcoming season.

Back