Lavar Ball Yall

LaVar Ball responds to Kyrie Irving’s comments about stepping back, including comments about late mother

“You have some young people that’s out here critiquing,” said Ball. “‘Oh LaVar needs to let Lonzo go.’ How you young guys gonna say anything when you ain’t got no kids?”

“Like Kyrie?” asks Skip Bayless.

“Kyrie, Definitely!” Ball responds. “How you gonna tell me how my son should be when you don”t have a kid?”

It seems like Ball didn’t know, and to anyone else who didn’t: Irving actually does have a baby daughter who will be two years old this November.

@SuprDre I'm 100% sure he does. pic.twitter.com/vQGHnBdXx3

— Tomer Azarly (@TomerAzarly) May 17, 2017

Ball continues to talk, but doesn’t seem to see or hear anyone else’s views but his own (although, that really shouldn’t surprise everyone after the last couple of outspoken months). At one point, however, he goes as far as bringing up Irving’s late mother, who passed away when he was a child, and that very well may have been a line LaVar should not have crossed.

“Like Kyrie, he’s in a different situation,” added Ball. “So you cant put yourself in the same situation as Lonzo. I have a wife and two other sons. You not in that situation.

“Maybe he don’t have the relationship that me and ‘Zo got. And I don’t think he did. First of all, ya mom wasn’t there, so something’s got to change right there. It’s not the same. Lonzo can come home and see his mom all the time.”

http://cavsnation.com/lavar-ball-responds-kyrie-irvings-comments-stepping-back/

LaVar Ball responds to Kyrie Irving’s comments about stepping back, including comments about late mother

“You have some young people that’s out here critiquing,” said Ball. “‘Oh LaVar needs to let Lonzo go.’ How you young guys gonna say anything when you ain’t got no kids?”

“Kyrie, Definitely!” Ball responds. “How you gonna tell me how my son should be when you don”t have a kid?”

It seems like Ball didn’t know, and to anyone else who didn’t: Irving actually does have a baby daughter who will be two years old this November.

Ball continues to talk, but doesn’t seem to see or hear anyone else’s views but his own (although, that really shouldn’t surprise everyone after the last couple of outspoken months). At one point, however, he goes as far as bringing up Irving’s late mother, who passed away when he was a child, and that very well may have been a line LaVar should not have crossed.

“Like Kyrie, he’s in a different situation,” added Ball. “So you cant put yourself in the same situation as Lonzo. I have a wife and two other sons. You not in that situation.

“Maybe he don’t have the relationship that me and ‘Zo got. And I don’t think he did. First of all, ya mom wasn’t there, so something’s got to change right there. It’s not the same. Lonzo can come home and see his mom all the time.”

SMH.....

No idea how people actually support this fool

If you're gonna call something a spade, call it a spade all the way. You can't belittle people for talking down on Lavar Ball when Lavar Ball, himself, is talking down on other Black people. He spoke negatively about Jordan. He spoke negatively about Steph Curry. He spoke negatively about Shaq. These Ball apologists tend to overlook that when they talk about Black people not supporting another Black man. He hasn't been held accountable for that, but that is a crab-in-the-barrel mentality like none other.

Secondly, for all intents and purposes, Lavar Ball hasn't necessarily talked about any scholarships. He hasn't talked about community outreach. So why should we support him just because he's Black? Did I miss the part where he expressed any gratitude or even acknowledgement of the Black community? Does he have a staff of Black youth helping promote BBB? Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. But I haven't heard anything about it. So if he's going to take money from the Black community and not re-invest it in the Black community (which is my prediction), he's no different than any other White designer. $500 for some Lonzo's? Nah, I might as well go buy a pair of Balenciagas or Balmain Jeans. Neither owner is putting money back in our hoods.

Back