JSU new defense stops Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you clowns smacking when I'm here discussing facts?

If you don't have anything to refute what I just posted, shut up. Everyone has heard a million times that you think JSu is unbeatable and all this and that. You say that every year even though JSU hasn't won a big game since 98.

The truth of the matter is your team has more question marks than you would like us to believe. You can spin it anyway you want, but saying all this stuff about JSU having all-world receivers and being 4 deep a quarterback is not painting an accurate picture.

Your receivers are unproven and your Qbs are trash.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How about this: Your QB is unproven and your WR's are trash.

Thrilla, to be honest, I think the Mafia will be the first to admit that experience makes a difference but Jones, Manning and Jacobs will do just fine. We found out how important experiece was when Morris, Washington, and Wright took to the field in 1998. They started out 0-3 and struggled to get a first down. Experience changed all of that. But even though our WR's are unproven, we have the most potential of all the teams play. Well, maybe TNState because they have young group of proven receivers with no QB. Dude, our beat reporter did a story the other day about one of our third string players who is 6'3", 190 lbs. He had chance to play because Jones and his backup were both hurt. Luckily for you, he is still learning routes so he might not touch the field in 2002 but he will be waiting on your scrub team in 2003. He would start for A&T. We have 6'2" and 6'3" receivers on the bench. You just don't understand.

The thing that helps us though is that we are not using our Spring to find ourselves offensively. We are already a year ahead of A&T offensively.

JSU #1 in the SWAC

You can say or believe what you want. JSU is the team to beat in the SWAC.

GSU can talk reload all they want, but reality says they lost too many quality players last year. Remember, we are talking about GSU not FSU.

SU is still unproven especially after two down years and with an unproven qb and questionable running game.

Take out JSU and you have a dog fight in the SWAC. On paper with Kent, JSU is the team to beat.

Alcorn, Arkansas, TSU and Alabama State may surprise.

Kent is the difference.........:idea:

TP, but you are using your Spring to find yourself defensively and on special teams, so what's your point?

BTW: Our offensive line is deeper and better than yours, our backup running backs were just as productive as your starter, and we return two out of our top three receivers. Every single WR we have this year will be over 6'1. That's not a big deal. Plus we will feature two NC first team all-state receivers for the first this year in Doug Brown and Brad Hinton. They have just as much potential and preseason accollades as Jones, Crossely, and Jacobs.

Like I say, these guys are unproven but talented. However, since they haven't really done anything yet it's foolish to start labeling them all-world like you clowns are doing.

Our QB situation couldn't get any worse from the last four years, and now that we have Jason Douglas and a host of highly touted freshman coming in, opitimism is at an all-time high.

Nobody in black college football has more talent than A&T. We, like other schools, just have to get that young talent to gel.

Thrilla,

It might be getting ahead of myself to call these guys all world but given that JSU has put 3 or 4 all-world receivers on the field at the same time for the last 20 years says that the odds are in my favor. Besides, you all can take my first string to play for A&T and my second string will have better stats as starters for JSU simply because of our system. In other words, fire your OC or making him your RB coach or something.

Thrilla, regardless your team is about three TD's behind JSU the way I see it right now. I do understand that A&T is smalltime and you have to actually go the practice field to get a report but face it---Kelly shut your offense down. Imagine what Johnson is going to do to your OC. Our kickers are not on campus but they are both eligible. All reports say that they are both good from 45 yards out. If they are good from 30, you are in trouble. Did you guys recruit a kicker or will you all stick with the one that was as bad as ours last year??

Offensive line...I think A&T has one of the best in the BCF. Too bad you all don't have a QB. However, JSU has the same o-line coach that we have had for years and he knows what he is going. We have always had productive o-lines. We have 12 guys to practice this spring and whether you want to downplay that or that, it makes a big difference over having just five for the spring and the preseason.......especially when some of the five you had in the spring don't all make it past the third game of the season. This line is young but it is developing. Bottomline, that unit is waaaaaay ahead of where it was last year time. Your prayers have run out.

...and Thrilla, we ain't putting recruits and freshmen on the field. Hughes was left with a team full of talent but it was young. These guys already know their routes and where they need to be on the field. It is that time again when you have to be a JR to step on the field at JSU.

I know one thing....I ain't skerd.

TP, Kelly didn't shut anybody down. We scored 21 offensive points and that was with a garbage quarterback and our best running back being injured.

BTW: How can you sit here and brag about two former soccer players who haven't even stepped on campus yet? For all you know, they could turn out just like that Noah Igram cat you tried to lie about.

You JSu clowns like to fool everyone on this board about you talent level because you know most of the posters here are stupid and don't know the real deal. You throw out names like Crossley, Jones and Jacobs and everyone thinks: "wow, JSU is loaded this year."

Man please. Texas Southern has more talent returning on offense that you do. Trust me on that.

The people on this board don't understand that these guys you name were nobodies coming out of HS and haven't done jack in college yet. They forget that your offensive scheme is one of the worse in BCF. All you do is throw the ball down the field in triple coverage and hope someone doesn't intercept it. That's the primary reason why JSU hasn't won a big game since 98.

You must understand that these kids are accustomed to winning SWAC championships. They were brought in during the time that the program was back in stride. Don't you realize that those who are seniors are something like 19-2 in the SWAC for the last two years.

Don't you know these guys have been getting their azzes drilled on the scout team, but all the while being nutured, trained, and developed? To be honest with you, there is not a team in the conference that will come within double digits of us. You'll see...you have been warned!

Mike, the same can be said for the kids who played on our 1998 team. They came in after Shannon was hired. Some were redshirted and sat on the bench through our last championship years, 1995 and 1996 but when you lose 25+ seniors you might not lose all of your starters but you lose some of your starters and your depth. Dude, by midseason you all might be alright. Don't let September discourage you. Tell your boyz to keep their heads up.

Thrilla, Jacobs is at practice. Some publications had him listed as a Jr. and some had him listed as a Sr. He has spent some time injured so he might have a medical redshirt or something. I don't know. All I know is that he going along with Manning and Jones will be seeing who will be the first to catch 100 yards against AT&T.

...and I know that the kickers are not on campus yet but you still sked ain't you?? Also, the problem with Noah is that he did not qualify and if he does decide to return to D1AA football, he might want to decide to go somewhere else other than JSU. Our kickers have already qualified. So again I ask, do you have a kicker??

....and Thrilla, don't let your fear show so much. I mean, I know that you are hoping that 3 receivers don't have a100 yards day against your new defense but don't get happy as the prospect of JSU losing a WR.

..and like I said, Jacobs is at practice but if he was not you would still be in trouble. Read the exerp below.

----------------------

Ross, a 6-foot-3, 190-pounder from Jackson Provine.............(is) using this spring to become more familiar with the offense............... Ross is the third outside receiver, although he started Friday as starting outside receivers Chris Jones (hamstring) and Robert Jacobs (back strain) sat out nursing injuries.

And Ross made the most of the opportunity, with catches of 8, 12, 15, 28 and 33 yards.

"If (Ross) continues to perform like he did today, Chris (Jones) is going to have to earn that spot back," Asberry said. "He's catching on real well. I could tell the difference in him this week and last week."

----------------------

OK Thrilla, you can go ahead and :bawling: now. :lmao:

TP He dont be knowing.... Man If Johnson has these boys in Shape, We are going to beat the Golden Beagles and Run the table on these colored teams.

TP,

I feel where you're coming from. Experience is important, but talent is what makes it work. Talent and Good Coaching. We have both. Doug and staff have proven that they can recruit and that they can coach. I think the record speaks for itself.

The jury is still out on Hughes. He may have been an excellent assistant coach. I'm sure he's loyal to JSU, but my personal opinion is that he's in over his head as a head coach.

You also compared our upcoming season with JSU after the 1998 campaign. Yes you lost a lot of seniors, as did we. The difference is, our backups experienced winning 2 SWAC championships. You had players that are accustomed to finishing no better than 2nd place. There is a difference!

TP, once again you must think I'm one of your swagpage brethen who doesn't know football.

6'3 190lbs is exactly what my size is. That means that dude is as skinny as I am. *SMH*

Let him come across the middle in Greensboro being 6'3, weighing 190 pounds. He'll be going home to cotton patch country in a box.

Please stop wasting my time with these exploits of a receiver who only caught five passes in practice against your scrub secondary. Everyone burns your defensive backs. When has that ever been news?

News would be you D-line suddenly developed a pass rush or your defensive backs developed some coverage skills or Hughes journeyed down the yellow brick road and finally got that brain he's been asking for.

That would be news.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by MikeBigg
The jury is still out on Hughes.
hmmmmm......

'99- 2 first round draft picks, 2 losses to SU

'00- 3rd place in the SWAC East

'01- 61, 64, 42

The jury should've been returned a guilty verdict by now.
But he's still the coach!

Thanks jsue!
:tup:

Thrilla,

Morris was 6'3", 185 and Story was 6'6" and about 190-200 lbs. The point is the boy can catch and given the way your secondary is known for giving up 500 yards through the air (ie Morgan State and Jackson State), you need to be scared. I am sure that seeing so many teams catch so many catches makes a person who only catches 5 balls for dayum near 100 yards look smalltime. SMH

Mike,

Doug is not a good coach and neither is Pete or LC. They are only as good as their assistants.

Also, those boys were not used to coming in second place. They were a part of two championship teams before 1998 and they were a part of a team in 1997 that gave the #2 seed in the playoffs one hell of a hard time. Agian, I hope your team is on track by the time we get to Gram. Before 1998, we were 9-3, 10-2, and 9-3.

Once again TP, you forget that this is the same secondary that intercepted five passes against JSU. We scored on defense in that game. We also won that game.

Your wide receivers did nothing in the second half against us of any merit besides drop a wide open pass on fourth and 19. And that was your best receivers. Imagine what the third stringers will do. LOL!

Thrilla, why are you trying to smack on the Sports board? Are you scared of something. Besides, has it ever occured to you that maybe TC's arms and hands were tired from all of those catches he made that day against that weak secondary. One man can only take so much. I mean all of those catches can wear a person down. LOL We should have put our second string out there because, just like TC, the J-Settes, and the Cheerleaders, they could have caught a wide open pass too.

Thrilla, this is fear:

A&T coming off a season where they could only go 8-3 with a "loaded" team. Now this depleted team has to face:

NC Central--Thrilla, I know you are praying that they don't shut you all down again. If Central can score 3 TD's they win. (toss up)

JSU-- A team that is already a year ahead of those scrub Aggies (Automatic L for the Agathas)

Portland State--A 25th ranked team that returns 16 starters (Automatic L)

Elon---A&T's Daddy, returning 19 Starters :)lmao: )

Thrilla, if I were you, I would go into hiding to see if my teams makes it out of September. I don't think you really think you stand a chance. You need to e-mail Scandrett so see if he can get Central on campus in case you all need some home cooking.

Oh and before I get.....Hayes is a horrible HC. That's all.

TP,

I think I see what some of the problem is. You (and apparently Hughes) does not understand the role of the head coach. What you do is get yourself some good assistants, explain to them your philosophies, turn them loose to do their job, and collect Championships.

Don't you find it ironic that the two men you just named have won the first 3 SCG trophies. If if takes a rocket scientist to figure that out, then what the hell am I?

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Besides, has it ever occured to you that maybe TC's arms and hands were tired from all of those catches he made that day
bahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

TP, was Story's "arms and hands tired" when he had those drops against ASU???

Originally posted by mighty hornet

bahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

TP, was Story's "arms and hands tired" when he had those drops against ASU???

Let me check his stats but without looking, I would think the answer would be yes.

See MH, defenses like ones at A&T and AlaState are hazards to players health. How do you expect a person to repeatedly take lethal blows to the hand like that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back