Jerry Jones doesn't care about your National Anthem policy

fugg the NFL. I watch football pretty much ALL day on Saturdays. I always tell me wife she can do what she wants on Saturdays because I will be home with the kids... watching football.

So im good on NFL for now. In fact, im more ready to see the Celtics win the NBA Finals than anything.

I will say this tho. I will not be boycotting. Last year I intentionally boycotted and let me tell you, it was hard. You will never believe how much the NFL is EVERYWHERE until you try NOT to watch it. This year, if it's on it's on but I wont be going thru all the hoops I did last year not to watch it. It wont be on at MY house but I wont be all up in another room at somebody elses house or the frat house trying to avoid it. And of course, Philly was excited last year so there was office talk EVERY Monday.

Perhaps the players association and NFL owners would be better served saying something like, "we've already tried kneeling, so we're doing something more intense. We're going to donate funds to assist those citizens with legal representation who have been unjustly treated by law enforcement or the justice system.
Perhaps that's more substantive than kneeling for three minutes and no money at all.

That is correct. We keep saying we need to bring this to attention-lets see how many movies & tv shows have tossed this topic about police brutality out? Everybody knows about it-folks want to see SOMEONE step up and provide a solution that everybody benefits from. Those police cameras are only VINDICATING cops way ore than black folks.

As for Dak-while he hasn't gotten a pay day yet-he might have just made it harder for him to sign with another team if the Cowboys give up on him. With players who don't care for him now after this. Do you REALLY want him on your team?

How many accidental hard hits will he get this season? How many times will his defense fail him once the Cowgirls are out of the playoff contention? He and Baby Huey should have kept SILENT.
How many endorsements have they lost? Lets not forget WHO the number one consumer is. BLACK FOLKS. There are companies who would love to get our money but can't. They won't use those two.

safe_image.php

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/wes...-get-sunken-place-arlington-artist-wants-talk

Lol Dak Prescott love him some "white daddy"
lol Right.

I cannot throw too much salt at Dak and Elliott because they are are simply solidifying their future and their careers. Cannot fault a driven man for those types of moves to bolster his future positioning.

I boycotted the nfl starting fall 1991, even during those cowboy championships. It was a weird evening as the frwys about the metroplex were almost empty when those games were played. I said verbally aloud under my helmet that there were plenty of “dumb people” about the metroplex :D , even my x-wife and her precious superbowl parties she hosted that I would get far far away from as soon as church was over. I aligned w/ the NE Pats in the past because of past familial ties but I do not watch them-only post-game highlights.

Isn't Dak's mom white? He may be getting advice from her.
Right. Who’s to say he doesn’t align w/ white folk? Just because a person is colored and may look like a few of us doesn’t automatically qualify them as African-American (c. TSPN 1998, userid “Panthro”).

We have to learn to accept people for who they are and accept their right to be exactly who they are. Dak & Elliott aren’t brother Malcolm X and should be respected as such.

His mom died a few years ago.
Thanks for that info. Perhaps he received that kind of advice while she was alive. He could be torn between favoring either side due to who his parents are or were.
Keep in mind that throughout history, slave masters used the lighter skinned Black folks to be their eyes and ears and to be a buffer between he and the slave.

Can ya'll really expect Dak or any other NFL player to be radical while willingly working for same entity that has oppessed them at every turn? Real talk .. Dak is a real one, here. He's not following the drum beat of everyone else just trying to fit in.

A real radical would be a player who just outright willingly departs from the league, not be part of it and then try to cry foul. That's like working for the Nazis and complaining about how they treat Jews. Mental illness.

fugg the NFL. I watch football pretty much ALL day on Saturdays. I always tell me wife she can do what she wants on Saturdays because I will be home with the kids... watching football.

So im good on NFL for now. In fact, im more ready to see the Celtics win the NBA Finals than anything.

I was with you until you got to the Celtics. :D:eek::rolleyes:

That's partly due to a weak NFL Player's Association.

Imagine if the NFLPA was as strong as the MLBPA, the baseball union. I think it is safe to say a some things would be different.

Did the NFL want the owners to say nothing about this policy?

This comes from a person who was a huge fan of the '70s Cowboys (Ed 'Too Tall' Jones, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Preston Pearson, Bob Lilly, Newhouse, Rayfield Wright, Tony Dorsett, and quite a few others).

Last edited:

Well the Celtics will not make it to the finals, just like JSU will not ... lol

Well said. If trump cared so much about the patriotism and veterans, he wouldn't be cutting the very programs that would aide those with mental health and health care difficulties.

None of those clowns in Washington care about veterans. Never really have ...except to use them as political props for votes and favor.

Back