James Bell on his way out the door

I admire Mississippi State coach Jackie Sherrel. Unlkie coach Bell, he is shouldering some responsibility for his teams lack luster performance. He not lying the entire blame on his teams. And he is displaying great character by knowing when it is time for him to step aside. I agree that the players have to execute on the field, but by the same standards, the coach must give them a game scam this is both affective, and plays to the stringht and talent of his current team, not his future team. To do other wise is nothing short of childish, bullheaded selfishness on the part of the coach. If he feels he must be display offensive signs to his naw sayers, then let it to be an offensive sign that one can that pride in! If there is such an Offense, opps may bad, an offensive sign he knows above a high school student's level.

He has shown no signs of even being able to coach any team, even one that he hands pick each and every player. If you have seen any game this season, and you know anything about football, then you will know that 3/4 of JSU's problems comes from the side line. His high school paly calling did not help him a Chavez, and it won't help him at JSU. I think Brinkley Middel school needs a coach to teach basic fundimentals. You know that's not a bad idea, he can go and teach them basic fundimentals in middle school, so by the time they enter JSU, they will be ready. I think I found his calling.

Originally posted by bighusky00
Commentator also says that they ( alumni and staff) will make up a reason to fire him, to correct a mistake they made from the beginning.

They don't have to make up a reason . . . it's staring everyone in the face!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I was at the game on Saturday and anyone with good sense know Bell cannot coach. JSU looked worst than some High School teams you field. The players are dejected and Bell just stands around looking like the cat that swallowed the canary. He is a poor excuse for a coach. I hope the alumni and fans raise all kind of h... about this crazy coach. JSU doesn't need this man in our presence. He is not HC material. He has to go!

Tigerpride, please stop posting all of your idiotic comments in reference to Bell being a great coach. He is the pitts.

Originally posted by JSUII

Tigerpride, please stop posting all of your idiotic comments in reference to Bell being a great coach. He is the pitts.

Uuum, where is my copy of that constitution???? :rolleyes:

Sometime one can carry pride too far. Never let pride make you compromise your standards to the point where you make your self look shamefully stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little hint. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Tigerpride has been riding James Bell's sack like crabs since day one, he isn't going to change his opinion.

Originally posted by sop83
Sometime one can carry pride too far. Never let pride make you compromise your standards to the point where you make your self look shamefully stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little hint. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Maybe he will listen to one of his own colleagues. Goodness knows he won't listen to the rest of us.

Originally posted by bighusky00
I just got in from the game. Some interesting things occured on the field and in the press box following the game. James Bell head coach at Jackson State stood about 30 feet away from me on the field. The JSU announcer requesting an interview, Bell then turned to him and gives him the bird and keeps walkin off the field.

That was a childish gesture . . . from a so-called professional. I hope whoever decides his fate knows about that childish behavior. He doesn't belong in the college ranks -- not even high school, if you ask me.

Naw TP, it's just par for the course.... You know how our fellow alums are. And the rest are just piling on, you know how they are, too. Except for you Tru :rolleyes: :D

Careful that ya'll don't let all this negative talk come back and bite ya'll in the buttocks also. Cause some (most) of it doesn't make any sense....

Originally posted by Tigerpride
This thread is slanderous and should be deleted.
If Bell shot the man a bird, he shot the man a bird. Stop trying to defend wrongdoing. That makes you even more wrong!!!!

I was at the game on Saturday and anyone with good sense know Bell cannot coach. JSU looked worst than some High School teams you field. The players are dejected and Bell just stands around looking like the cat that swallowed the canary. He is a poor excuse for a coach. I hope the alumni and fans raise all kind of h... about this crazy coach. JSU doesn't need this man in our presence. He is not HC material. He has to go!

:nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wonder will all the seniors speak out about the coaching after the JSU-Alcorn game. Since they will no longer be playing for
Bell or JSU, can Bell stop the media from talking with them?
Will Kent and others speak out about their horrendous season.

I was listening to a recap of the Oklahoma vs Tx A&M game today (Monday) and I drew similarity between the Aggies and the JSU Tigers.

Both had decent seasons last year and before, but not the type they are happy with. Both fired their coach to bring in someone they wanted to take them to the next level. Both are struggling big time, worse than they were with the coach they fired. Both are losing all the games that matter to their alums. Hmmmm...

TxA&M is going to hang in there with their coach and give him a chance to recruit his type of kids and establish his system. Do you think that is what JSU should do?

Peace!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
I was listening to a recap of the Oklahoma vs Tx A&M game today (Monday) and I drew similarity between the Aggies and the JSU Tigers.

Both had decent seasons last year and before, but not the type they are happy with. Both fired their coach to bring in someone they wanted to take them to the next level. Both are struggling big time, worse than they were with the coach they fired. Both are losing all the games that matter to their alums. Hmmmm...

TxA&M is going to hang in there with their coach and give him a chance to recruit his type of kids and establish his system. Do you think that is what JSU should do?

Peace!!!

But LB, Franchione is not tell A&M Alums to go pound sand or shooting birds at the media. Or nor did Franchione gut the offense that A&M ran. He went with Mc Neal at Qb and is trying to develop him. Slocum put A&M in bad way and Franchione will bring them out of it. Plus at least Franchione has a good track record as a head coach. At TCU and he had cheating arse Alabama back on the right track. That's why Bama fans are mad now. By leaving he set them back.

JSU should fire Bell. The same that A&M would do if alumni and fans stop selling out Kyle Field.

Bell is arrogant, the fans hate him, the players can't stand him either. Since he is not from the SIP. I can't imagine his cocky attitude getting too many local kids to come play. I am sure Ole Miss, MS State and USM are enjoying this one. JSU has been able to recruit some players away from those schools in the past. I don't know if they will be able too. And don't let Ms State hire a black coach. Then it will be even more crucial. Ole Miss is winning now so alot those kids will think its okay to go there. So Bell will have his work cut out for him. I just don't see his smug self doing it.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502

Peace!!!

JR basically said it. Franchione will be given a chance. Though TAMU has been whipped four times this year, they have put up points in some other games. Plus, the freshman class was rated one of the best in the nation. So folks will give him a chance to develop that talent.

JR (again) basically stated this. JSU had better cut the dead weight, their coach, before it is too late.

Originally posted by Jaguar94
I wonder will all the seniors speak out about the coaching after the JSU-Alcorn game. Since they will no longer be playing for
Bell or JSU, can Bell stop the media from talking with them?
Will Kent and others speak out about their horrendous season.

This is an excellent point. Remember. There is something called the first admendment.

Bell has destroyed a great program

All the seniors that have potential draft status probably will not speak out until after the NFL draft. They know that the scouts probably will consult Bell on their respect for authority and etc. I definitely see the seniors commenting on their displeasure with Bell the after the NFL draft is over.

It is time to move on and hire an experienced coach for our football program. Our administration needs to be sincere about their commitment in finding the best coach possible. We need to build up our respect one again before it is to late. The current coach needs to be replaced asap. We really need to begin the search process this week and hopefully we can get a new coach on board by the end of November. This will give the coach enough time to evaluate what the team needs and assemble his staff before the recruiting season begin.

Also, Tigerpride is not representative of all JSU fans. Please visit the clarionledger.com website and read the comments under the JSU link.

Re: Bell has destroyed a great program

Originally posted by tiger85

Also, Tigerpride is not representative of all JSU fans. Please visit the clarionledger.com website and read the comments under the JSU link.

Hmmmm....Interesting!

Since James Bell lived in Houston, did he ever apply for the Head Football Coaching position at Prairie View?

Back