Jackson State's Sonic Boom vs Southern's Human Jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Props to the BOOM --- Layman's Perspective

Y'all entertained us last night at halftime. That's what we fans want. Lord knows we needed it. I haven't missed a JSU game since they went to New Haven, and I've been disappointed in many a halftime show, but last night y'all did the damn thing. As many halftime shows as I've seen, it's just hard for bands to do something I hadn't already seen a million times.

Big props to both bands for entertaining in the stands and in the 5th for as long as it lasted. For the first time since my college days (c/o '93), I sat near the BOOM and across from the Jukebox. The Box was definitely bringing it, with quality sound. And the songs by both bands had me dancing away my heartbreak from yet another damn loss by the team.

Oh yeah, if you were there and still think the Dancing Dolls are better than the J-Settes . . .

Re: Mad Props to the BOOM --- Layman's Perspective

Originally posted by Robber
Y'all entertained us last night at halftime. That's what we fans want. Lord knows we needed it. I haven't missed a JSU game since they went to New Haven, and I've been disappointed in many a halftime show, but last night y'all did the damn thing. As many halftime shows as I've seen, it's just hard for bands to do something I hadn't already seen a million times.

Big props to both bands for entertaining in the stands and in the 5th for as long as it lasted. For the first time since my college days (c/o '93), I sat near the BOOM and across from the Jukebox. The Box was definitely bringing it, with quality sound. And the songs by both bands had me dancing away my heartbreak from yet another damn loss by the team.

Oh yeah, if you were there and still think the Dancing Dolls are better than the J-Settes . . .

Naw playa, J-Settes were moving it..I have to give it to them last night...The Dolls killed it for SU halftime show...Never thought I would see the day..lol... It's just if you are going to do a Beyonce song..YOU HAVE TO SHAKE IT...lol ...The Settes were setting it off...lol

It's funny but I really do think that was the determing factor in both shows as far as crowd appeal...
SU did out drill them though....

Surely to best 2 bands in the SWAC....hope JSU makes it to SC...
I would'nt miss a second round of that for nothing in the world.

Wish I could have witnessed this one. Many of the SU/Jsu battles as of late have been more HYPE than battle. Sounds like I missed ONE HELLUVA BATTLE.

Congrats to both programs. Try not and talk too much POST-ISHT about this battle. It only cheapens both your accomplishments. Contrary to many peep's TWISTED beliefs...........2 bands can both do an EXCELLENT job. Ol skool used to do it all the time.

That's why a match-up of this caliber is so special. Due to both programs HERALDED pasts....the people EXPECT this. Keep it up and Keep representing.

Regards!

Re: Re: Mad Props to the BOOM --- Layman's Perspective

Originally posted by SUtrp96
...hope JSU makes it to SC...

HELL will host the Winter Olympics if Jsu goes to the SCG this year.

Pre game action at it's best. Two of the better bands going at it. Both bands brought the funk.

Great job goes to JSU and SU.. Great job keeping the crowd into the game

Naw playa, J-Settes were moving it..I have to give it to them last night...The Dolls killed it for SU halftime show...Never thought I would see the day..lol... It's just if you are going to do a Beyonce song..YOU HAVE TO SHAKE IT...lol ...The Settes were setting it off...lol

It's funny but I really do think that was the determing factor in both shows as far as crowd appeal...
SU did out drill them though....

Surely to best 2 bands in the SWAC....hope JSU makes it to SC...
I would'nt miss a second round of that for nothing in the

Sutrup96, the Dolls and the J-Settes probably was the determining factors in the show. I looked at my tape with a couple of FAMU band peeps that stopped through my house on the way back to Tallahassee, they had the exact points about the danc squads. They also said the JSU tuba's were a determining facots also. JSU tuba's were brining it and gave JSU a bigger bottom sound. SUtrup96 who wold have thought tha the dance girlds would determina show. That acutally goes to show you how important all elements of the halftime show is important. When you have to bands at t his level, everybody needs to be at their best. The J-Settes were good the whole game. THey danced non-stop.

wow

Wow @ JSU low brass. Yall killing! I never thought I would say this, but JSU, in my opinion, took the "w" in this one. I was getting krunk off yall the whole game, from when SU marched in 'til they marched out. Don't get me wrong.....SU is bringing it too, but J State was out of control. This was a great battle. The third quarter was a bit quiet, but overall this was probably the best matchup of the year.

PS :tup: to JSU B-Tones and Tubas. Yall really made me turn my head. :tup:

Yeah, I totally agree with you on that one, and so does alot of JSU's fans and SU's fans. JSU took the "W" in that one. Alot of the fans were expecting more from Southern. Not to say they sounded bad or nothing but JSU took that one no doubt.

Originally posted by NastyD
Yeah, I totally agree with you on that one, and so does alot of JSU's fans and SU's fans. JSU took the "W" in that one. Alot of the fans were expecting more from Southern. Not to say they sounded bad or nothing but JSU took that one no doubt.

SU fans was more than please with SU...There is a lot of folk that enjoyed SU better. Just say you enjoyed JSU better...don't give everyone else there opinion....SMH...

If you stood on the 50 you would have got an accurate account of what happen....This one mainly came down to what style you liked...

These are definitely the 2 best bands in the conference..AGAIN...l

Go luck to who ever have to face these 2...

Good game band wise. I enjoyed the pre-game entertainment as well as the fifth quarter. These two bands really respect one another and I like that.

Originally posted by illinijag
Why DO you DIRECT YOUR BAND to play when the opposing band is playing? A word of wisdom, you too are idiots if you do what idiots do. Take the mature position, if an idiot band starts to play when you are playing, stop playing; and NEVER play when the opposing band is playing. It is a disservice to your band to practice on music that no one can hear.

If I am understanding this right, this is the most ignit thing I've ever heard. I agree with not playing while another band is playing, but for a band to stop playing just because the opposing band starts to play, naw dowg. Just like you said, there are some idiot band directors and they may play something every time the other band begins to play just to make them stop playin. I don't know about you, but I practiced to hard(when I was in the band) to get to a game and not play. It's already bad enough the refs will hardly let you play.

This is the first time I have seen agreement from both bands about a battle....especially SU and Jax.....DANG!!!

SU fans was more than please with SU...There is a lot of folk that enjoyed SU better. Just say you enjoyed JSU better...don't give everyone else there opinion....SMH...

If you stood on the 50 you would have got an accurate account of what happen....This one mainly came down to what style you liked...

These are definitely the 2 best bands in the conference..AGAIN...l

Go luck to who ever have to face these 2...

No need to stand on the 50 to give the synopsis.......We were in the horse shoe and the sounds from both bands were just fine.......As for my opinion.....Let me try this again.....

Alot of JSU fans and SU fans SAID that and I specifically quote......"I don't no what happen to the Juke tonight and yeah JSU was better, but look at the score, they are not good on the field"......THAT MY FRIEND IS A QUOTE BY ALOT OF "JAGS" LAST NIGHT......Again not my quote but there's. And again, this comes from fans....not bandheads......

I am not ashame to admit when JSU has taken a L, but dang.....can you........

He!! you don't have to admit....

They took that automatically....

OH and by the way....AGAIN

"I AM GOING TO END THIS POST THE SAME WAY THAT I STARTED IT, AND THATS WITH NOTHING BUT LOVE"
:eek: :eek: :)

P.S. If its a lie, "ALOT" OF YOUR FANS SAID IT........DAMN THEIR SOULS....:cool:

."I don't no what happen to the Juke tonight and yeah JSU was better, but look at the score, they are not good on the field"......THAT MY FRIEND IS A QUOTE BY ALOT OF "JAGS" LAST NIGHT......Again not my quote but there's. And again, this comes from fans....not bandheads......

So they all said the same thing? Same words and all? :confused: :idea:

Re: Re: Mad Props to the BOOM --- Layman's Perspective

Naw playa, J-Settes were moving it..I have to give it to them last night...The Dolls killed it for SU halftime show...Never thought I would see the day..lol... It's just if you are going to do a Beyonce song..YOU HAVE TO SHAKE IT...lol ...The Settes were
That's the point I was making. I didn't finish that last sentence to keep from riling up too many SU fans. I don't think the Dolls came close to the J-Settes last night. But I'd swap that for the game victory anytime.

And as for the bands, halftime was all BOOM. The stands and 5th were too close to call. I thoroughly enjoyed both bands.

Robber, this is the band board....what are you doing on here? JSU football has changed that much that your in band smack?

:lmao:

Originally posted by Blu Panther
Robber, this is the band board....what are you doing on here? JSU football has changed that much that your in band smack?

:lmao:
Leave me alone, dude. I post on here erry now and then.

Both bands were great. Originality was a prime factor in this battle. Both bands brought it..... SU - the matrix move (THAT WAS TIGHT)..JSU - stepping to the SU Fans (THAT WAS TIGHT). Much prop to both bands.

This was the best battle of the year. Both bands keep entertaining the fans....Peace

No need to stand on the 50 to give the synopsis.......We were in the horse shoe and the sounds from both bands were just fine.......As for my opinion.....Let me try this again.....

Alot of JSU fans and SU fans SAID that and I specifically quote......"I don't no what happen to the Juke tonight and yeah JSU was better, but look at the score, they are not good on the field"......THAT MY FRIEND IS A QUOTE BY ALOT OF "JAGS" LAST NIGHT......Again not my quote but there's. And again, this comes from fans....not bandheads......

I am not ashame to admit when JSU has taken a L, but dang.....can you........

He!! you don't have to admit....

They took that automatically....

OH and by the way....AGAIN

"I AM GOING TO END THIS POST THE SAME WAY THAT I STARTED IT, AND THATS WITH NOTHING BUT LOVE"
:eek: :eek: :)

P.S. If its a lie, "ALOT" OF YOUR FANS SAID IT........DAMN THEIR SOULS....:cool:

For you to be humping on what a few people said, shows who you truely HATE...SMH...

There were JSU bandheads that gave the edge to SU, but do you hear me humping on that....
It was a great battle between the 2 best bands in the SWAC...

I wonder which band you represent, that may answer all of our questions....lol

Truth be told. From before the Game, durring the game, half time and definatley the fifth,
The "U" got they Azz kicked.

Nothing else to say. No other way to put it .

The "U" takes the L.

Much love to both bands, first off!!! :tup: :tup:

I enjoyed both shows, but the BOOM came out on top on this one. The Boom's book was great: I love that Lenny Kravitz's "Fly Away" and Quincy's "Secret Garden."

I stood on the sidelines during the half and right on the field during the 5th. And both bands were bringing much heat!!!!

The Boom made me want to go put a uniform on! :lol:

I am convinced that these are the top two bands in the conference...(that I have seen thus far and In My Opinion!!)

The "Juke Box" V the "Boom" The "U" takes the L.

The "U" takes the L.

I don't want to hear, Well such and such said this and they said that", the "U" took it on the chin.

I'll give props where they are due. The "U" was bringing the heat as usual, but J-State was on fire from 4:43 p.m. when they marched in the stadium until the after the fifth.

As the jukes were on the ramp trying to get in the stands as fast as they could, The "Boom" let em' feel that Big Ballin. When I heard that, I knew it was going to be a long night for "U".

And it was.

Half time Jackson State all the way.
"Sonic Boom, let SU know how you really feel.!"

The Fifth, you mean the five songs the "U" played or was it six before they fumbled out of the stadium like Reed high school. What was that all about anyway?
I know you guys are more disciplined than that!

Bye the way, which one was it this time?

You know, "We didn't have nothing to prove", or "We had to go eat."

AEA

Game of the year. Doesn't get any better than that!

Best HBCU game in attendance, The game, the Bands and the fans.

The game should be played in November in the Dome.

No Doubt. You know what I mean.

Originally posted by kkpsi10
The game should be played in November in the Dome.

No, frat, that game does not need to be in a dome.
Memorial Stadium is the best place for any SWAC game, because the bands face off directly in front of each other!! :nod: It doesn't get any better than that!

Also, this past Saturday was the perfect weather, too!

By all means, I agree!

Just trying to be sarcastic. I just tthink it should be the head liner in November, instead of that other "Classic" that that gets so much attention. Or should I say, so little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back